New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    These look good, I’ll pick the, up if I go to trader jo this weekend gbf04lsta31i.jpeg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2018
    glassyo wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    ktyy7hf8vbt0.jpg

If they weren't 500+ per slice 😫😭😭

LOL I was gonna say 500 isn't all that bad for cheesecake but then I noticed the + and...yeah...that + usually means about 500 more. :)

my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough at 1090 calories, per slice oreo is 1490 i also enjoy the snicker & carrot lol

It's so rare that I even eat it anymore because of the calories. They make this really delicious oreo cookie cheesecake at the italian restaurant in my office complex that....damn, might need to try to talk my coworkers into sharing a piece now. :)

The last time I had Cheesecake Factory cheesecake was last year when they debuted the Birthday cheesecake...or Anniversary cheesecake or Funfetti cheesecake or whatever the pretty colored one was called.

I still am amazed when one small slice of cake can pack up to 2000 calories (for some of the really decadent ones). As a kid I used to have a slice of my moms homemade chocolate chip caramel cheesecake every night before bed.

I used to fool myself and estimate a slice as 400 when I started counting and would visit mom and have it. Then I decided to calculate the calories one time and it came out to be about 1200 per slice. LOL

I had a very similar wake up call happen with ice cream cake... it’s just not fair, is it? :’( a serving is so small and hardly weighs anything!! My “slice” was at least three slices, then I’d go back for more!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    28eb03e5-b784-402f-88ba-0c37f9a67955_1.f6d084912eccb1e74f83a40121952212.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Bought this today! This cupcake definitely has a lot of calories (still less than 1,000) & I only buy it every now & then. So much icing on the top & there's even icing inside the cupcake.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    These are amazing. They are a little pricey, but beautiful, delicious, and totally worth it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    ktyy7hf8vbt0.jpg

If they weren't 500+ per slice 😫😭😭

LOL I was gonna say 500 isn't all that bad for cheesecake but then I noticed the + and...yeah...that + usually means about 500 more. :)

my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough at 1090 calories, per slice oreo is 1490 i also enjoy the snicker & carrot lol

It's so rare that I even eat it anymore because of the calories. They make this really delicious oreo cookie cheesecake at the italian restaurant in my office complex that....damn, might need to try to talk my coworkers into sharing a piece now. :)

The last time I had Cheesecake Factory cheesecake was last year when they debuted the Birthday cheesecake...or Anniversary cheesecake or Funfetti cheesecake or whatever the pretty colored one was called.

I still am amazed when one small slice of cake can pack up to 2000 calories (for some of the really decadent ones). As a kid I used to have a slice of my moms homemade chocolate chip caramel cheesecake every night before bed.

I used to fool myself and estimate a slice as 400 when I started counting and would visit mom and have it. Then I decided to calculate the calories one time and it came out to be about 1200 per slice. LOL

Well I guess 1200 is still better than 2000? :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    These are amazing. They are a little pricey, but beautiful, delicious, and totally worth it.

Oh my gosh, those are so pretty! So hard to believe they are edible! Do they have much flavor ? Did you buy online or found in store?
  • Sallyw2004
    @Noreenmarie1234
    I bought them in a really cute specialty shop and loved them so much that I ordered more online. They taste great. The big round ones are chocolate, the medium round ones taste like sweet tarts, they taste as good as they look! Their website is sweetapolitashop.com
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Wish I wasn’t all the way in Maryland >.<
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

I'm actually really happy that Arctic Zero was able to survive the influx of competition in the low cal ice cream space!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

I'm actually really happy that Arctic Zero was able to survive the influx of competition in the low cal ice cream space!

Me too. They were like the first in the market years ago. I used to eat their 150 pints back in like 2010 lol.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

Me too. They were like the first in the market years ago. I used to eat their 150 pints back in like 2010 lol.

I just wish I could find them. I even live in LA but the Aldi locations are too far of a drive at this point.
  • hgycta
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

I still occasionally eat them when I’ve blown all my calories on something that isn’t very filling and want something relatively indulgent still that fills me up the rest of the way, I don’t mind their cookie shake flavor, vanilla maple, or the salted caramel! Not nearly as good as halo top or enlightened, but heck for 150 calories and the convenience I’ll take it! Just a shame they never go on sale for $2.88 at Shoprite like the other pints around here haha
  • Sallyw2004
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

I still occasionally eat them when I’ve blown all my calories on something that isn’t very filling and want something relatively indulgent still that fills me up the rest of the way, I don’t mind their cookie shake flavor, vanilla maple, or the salted caramel! Not nearly as good as halo top or enlightened, but heck for 150 calories and the convenience I’ll take it! Just a shame they never go on sale for $2.88 at Shoprite like the other pints around here haha

I find the 150 cal salted caramel and the cake batter (so good!) pints at Grocery Outlet every so often for $1.99. They also have the 300 cal peanut butter swirl and cherry chocolate chunk which are very good. I used to love their Snickerdoodle Dandy, but I think that flavor is now extinct.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    i still haven't recieved my halo top PB & J :s
  • hgycta
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

I find the 150 cal salted caramel and the cake batter (so good!) pints at Grocery Outlet every so often for $1.99. They also have the 300 cal peanut butter swirl and cherry chocolate chunk which are very good. I used to love their Snickerdoodle Dandy, but I think that flavor is now extinct.

Yet another reason I wish I had a Grocery Outlet in my state!!! :((

Did you get a shipping confirmation or anything from Ice Cream Source? That’s odd... I hope you get it soon!!!

Also, saw this online. I want it SO badly but:
    1.) Those bread bowls are already a bunch of calories, so I can’t imagine how many are in these!!!
    2.) It’s only in certain test markets </3

If anyone here tries it I’d love to hear how it is!!
    6azqvdy8g83x.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

Yet another reason I wish I had a Grocery Outlet in my state!!! :((

Did you get a shipping confirmation or anything from Ice Cream Source? That’s odd... I hope you get it soon!!!

Also, saw this online. I want it SO badly but:
    1.) Those bread bowls are already a bunch of calories, so I can’t imagine how many are in these!!!
    2.) It’s only in certain test markets </3

If anyone here tries it I’d love to hear how it is!!
    6azqvdy8g83x.jpeg

I want the bread bowl now!!!

Icecream source sent me the conformation for my delievery
    then on july 26th I was told it would be here July 28th and now the status has changed to pending shipment

wsv1pqm0dud8.png

now it says

59c8eikpoxcj.png

so i emailed ice cream source to see what is going on
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    So Enlightened sent me coupons for three free pints or bars because I complained about under filled pints (which was the truth). I went to my local Shop Rite to see what was in. No new flavors or my beloved Cookies and Cream, but I DID see one Marshmallow Peanut Butter and a Toasted Almond, which I like way more than I thought I would. I'm holding on to the last coupon in the hopes that something more exciting shows up this weekend. If not, I may grab a box of the bars to try. I always go for the pints but maybe I'll change it up ;)

Something new I tried yesterday: Quest's Protein Bar in Blueberry Muffin. I actually really liked it! Realistic blueberry flavor throughout, and a nice brown sugar, bakery type note to round out the fruity bits. I'm a fan.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh, and something salty/savory I like: Aldi has a line of pre-packaged lunch meat that's actually pretty good. The brand is Lunch Mate (which I suspect is just Deli Fresh renamed, lol) and it's cheap and delicious. I really like the Mesquite Turkey. You get 6 slices for 60 calories, so I add that to toasted Fit and Active Multigrain Bread (90 cals for 2 slices) and smear on a wedge of Happy Farms Pepper Jack as a spread/cheese replacement. Feel free to load on any veggies you like, but I tend to have very plain homemade sandwiches. The sandwich is admittedly on the small side, so I always pair with either a cup of soup or some veggie chips/pretzels. A great lunch!
  • vnb_208
    Oh, and something salty/savory I like: Aldi has a line of pre-packaged lunch meat that's actually pretty good. The brand is Lunch Mate (which I suspect is just Deli Fresh renamed, lol) and it's cheap and delicious. I really like the Mesquite Turkey. You get 6 slices for 60 calories, so I add that to toasted Fit and Active Multigrain Bread (90 cals for 2 slices) and smear on a wedge of Happy Farms Pepper Jack as a spread/cheese replacement. Feel free to load on any veggies you like, but I tend to have very plain homemade sandwiches. The sandwich is admittedly on the small side, so I always pair with either a cup of soup or some veggie chips/pretzels. A great lunch!

THANKS !! I was going to pickup the lunch meat but I wasnt to sure !
  • keiram555
    keiram555 Posts: 8 Member
    Aldi really has been coming through. I recently discovered the Fit and Active drinks, very low-cal flavored water in cranberry (tastes just like juice!) and lemonade, as well as their Fusia rice cake rolls. I really want to try the 14 calorie ice pops they have now, but can't find them at my local store. :'(
  • Sallyw2004
    I’m not vegan, but I sure do love these! The cauliflower puffs are my favorite (not pictured), then the beet puffs, and the Brussels Sprouts puffs in third place. They are just like the cheese puff varieties of Cheez doodles, Cheetos, or Jax only better tasting and crunchier. I’m looking forward to trying some of the other flavors if I can find them.