Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

1282930313234»

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Just checking in on the last day for the July thread. I joined back in January, without any pre-planning and without a pre-determined goal. Going alcohol-free just sort of happened for me, as one day blended into the next and I eventually settled into being a non-drinker. The past 7 months without drinking has truly been life changing.

I started out July with 2 goals: to no longer track on the DryJanuary app and to start simplifying things at home. I was a bit worried about not tracking, but it turned out to be nothing to worry about. I don't drink and there's nothing to track. As far as simplifying at home, I've been tackling things like getting rid of old clothes, reducing and organizing my yarn and fabric, and just generally de-cluttering. It feels like my home is getting closer to matching the internal peace and simplicity I have since quitting alcohol.

I hope everyone achieved what they wanted for July and I look forward to seeing you in the August thread!

Congratulations! There's a thread in success stories called Let it Go, Decluttering that might interest you. There are a lot of tips.
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »

Congratulations! There's a thread in success stories called Let it Go, Decluttering that might interest you. There are a lot of tips.

Thanks! I will definitely check out that thread! Decluttering is not easy, that's for sure! I've been approaching it on a small scale, one aspect at a time, making keep/discard/donation decisions as I go. I'll check the Decluttering thread as I bet there are some good ideas in there.

Thanks again!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Many thanks to JulieAL1969 for all she’s done to create a nice and supportive community. I have learned so much from this thread this year.

Hugs!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    HAPPY last day of July....hard to believe we're into the last half of the summer. Hoping everyone is pumped for August's thread & motivated to work toward whatever goals have been set.

@JulieAL1969 excitement for you going into your new role. Hoping the best for you. Your future students will be very fortunate to have you to teach & guide them. I know August will be a lot of prep & hard work for you but exciting getting things organized. <3 Here's a BIG FAT HUG!!
  • RubyRed427
    NormInv wrote: »
    Last day of successful Dry July!!! Must come up with a new strategy pronto

What about sign up for a race (bike, run) and work towards that goal? Just thinking out loud.....
  • RubyRed427
    HAPPY last day of July....hard to believe we're into the last half of the summer. Hoping everyone is pumped for August's thread & motivated to work toward whatever goals have been set.

@JulieAL1969 excitement for you going into your new role. Hoping the best for you. Your future students will be very fortunate to have you to teach & guide them. I know August will be a lot of prep & hard work for you but exciting getting things organized. <3 Here's a BIG FAT HUG!!

Thanks so much ! You’ve come so far ! I’m happy for my new job- it’s an exciting time of year. Xo And yes, lots and lots of work ahead for this new job.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    I had an AF day in July. Not planned, but welcome. Overall, I did ok this month. Will do better in August.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    My July Mindful Moderation victory - more AF days (16) than drinking days (15). That hasn’t happened since my first full month in the challenge in February!

Congratulations! Your long hair is looking very shiny! :smiley:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    @NovusDies Thanks for the updated resources.

I've saved it and removed the EasyQuitDrinking app bit because there doesn't seem to be such an app.

I have the EasyQuitDrinking app on my phone. Perhaps it is a Canadian thing...????

I have Easyquitdrinking too but I'm in Las Vegas so I think it's everywhere,I found it in the play store for android,it also has a feature for just cutting back,,I am happy to report that I made it through my trip back home without drinking,,didn't even want to,hubs was,mom was,SIL was but I just didn't care,,thinking about the "tomorrow me"and the thought of a hangover while in the car the next day,roasting my buns off sweating just didn't sound to great so I passed

@whitpauly @lorrainequiche59

It's not on Google Play now. Our IT person even double-checked for me. Edited to add: Can you have a look at it on your phone?

It must have changed its name.

It says Easy Quit stop drinking sobriety counter,I think I got confused cuz on my phone the icon says EasyQuitDrinking,it has a little cartoon guy kicking a bottle in half

@whitpauly Thank you!

When you search for it, Google Play only shows you "Sobriety Counter - Stop Drinking". 😀 And then "Sobriety Counter - Easy Quit" is the paid pro version.

wkpv73vcrpo1.jpeg

I can add that back to the list.

The app saga is over!!!