Tracey's OMAD Fat to Fit to Fat to Fit Again

tlblanks1
tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
edited July 2018 in Social Groups
Here I am again, back where I started from. I started OMAD at 174.2 (Fat) and with OMAD got down to 150.7 (Fit) and now after going back to old habits and overdoing it on the sweets, I am back at 175.6 pounds (Fat). But this is not where my story will end. I will be using OMAD and sticking with OMAD to get Fit Again and stay fit. This time I am going to get to my goal of 145 pounds so I have 30 pounds to lose.

My plan - Daily 1200 calorie Basic OMAD with my one meal being consumed between 4 and 8pm.
No Splurge Days
No exceptions

My maintenance plan once my goal is reached is to still do OMAD with my calories being upped to maintenance range.

I am believing I did not eat enough to gain 10 pounds over the last four days so my weigh in tomorrow after getting back to OMAD should be pretty good. I will however not post my weight until Friday, my official weigh in Day.

I am living proof that even with a great WOE like OMAD, you have to make the lifestyle change or the weight will come back. LESSON LEARNED.

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Life is a journey, this learning experience of ours.

I've been fighting those demons this past month or 6 weeks. Understand.

It's an honor that you choose to share this struggle with the group.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Cheers for Tracey!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I like your plan and I know you can do it!!! <3
  • tlblanks1
    edited July 2018
    Thanks everyone!!! Well, I am happy to report that my scale recognized me again this morning and I lost half of the family reunion gain. Being back on track feels really good. :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Hi Tracey!
    That is great news that you are back on track. You will do awesome I am certain. I totally agree with @EstrangedTiger it is an honor that you are sharing your struggles with us. I am here to cheer you on to the finish line!
  • tlblanks1
    Thank you Donna, I get so upset with myself when I know what to do and don't do it. Well that is behind me. I have to do like Joe said and remind myself that I only eat once a day, no exceptions. Once I am back on a good steady streak I am sure it will come naturally and I won't have to keep telling it to myself. Others maybe, but not myself. OMAD for life!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    tlblanks1 wrote: »
    I get so upset with myself when I know what to do and don't do it.

This sounds exactly like me! You might like Lyndi Cohen's site: https://www.lyndicohen.com
    She talks a lot about our relationship with food and ways to overcome that feeling.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Tracey I totally know the feeling - I'm back up a few pounds and it's driving me nuts! I'm going to join you in the "back to fit" part (though I never quite made it to fit LMAO) - you've got this lady! :)
  • tlblanks1
    Thank you. I have two birthday celebrations to attend on Saturday and I am sticking with my no exceptions rule. I'll join in on the fun but not the good if it is outside of my eating window.
  • tlblanks1
    Happy Friday OMADers,

Today's official weigh in weight: 166.8 pounds

Down 8.8 pounds from Tuesday's weight of 175.6 pounds
  • dkayingram
    WOW way to go, totally proves the plan works! So proud of you!!!
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    Hi Tracey, I am joining the OMAD group. Great loss!
  • tlblanks1
    Thanks ladies! and YES, OMAD really does work. I am an OMADer for life.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome!!! :)
  • tlblanks1
    I survived the weekend and stuck to my plan. Looking forward to a new week and meatless August.
  • dkayingram
    So happy for you Tracey!! Hope you have a great week!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Congrats on your weightloss! Awesome job!
  • tlblanks1
    I was just looking through my original weight loss journal thread when I did meatless August last year and see that I am at the same weight today as I was July 31, 2017. So saddening, but I did lose around 10 pounds during that meatless month. If I can have the same results or better this month, I will not make the past mistakes that caused me to gain again. I am so looking forward to my meatless month. I need to find some new vegetarian meals to incorporate.
  • dkayingram
    Hi Tracey,

You totally have this!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Life is a work in progress. Good job on getting back to your sweet spot.