Keto

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    gcooper7 wrote: »
    kyliejo83 wrote: »
    I'm trying to track my macros. Is there a setting to show net carbs? At the moment I'm seeing total carbs. So it's throwing my limits out.

If there is I can't find it. Maybe with a premium account?

MFP doesn't offer tracking of net carbohydrates on any version, including premium.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have been keto for several years but I have been strict keto for 1.5 years. Strict as in not breaking it for a Birthday party or piece of fruit or whatever. You can gain weight on keto. So, you still have to also count calories on keto. But it’s super satiating. I never feel deprived in a deficit on keto. Make sure you get your magnesium, calcium, potassium, and sodium or you may feel weak. The transition period can suck but a lot of it is mental.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm trying to track my macros. Is there a setting to show net carbs? At the moment I'm seeing total carbs. So it's throwing my limits out.

There are many user-generated net carb entries. All you have to do is add [name of food] net carbs. Make sure to check the calories against reliable data, though, because calories can be wrong sometimes. Once you establish a good list of recent foods it should get easier.
    17i7k2hei64v.png
    17q9t2lescre.png

and here is a reliable non-net carb version for comparison
    olget46e6skj.png

• Howland_Rita
    Howland_Rita Posts: 8 Member
    DANINJ35 wrote: »
    I started yesterday 4/22. So far I feel great and am enjoying the menu planning.

I just started yesterday 4-26-18 could you tell me what is a menu planning. I need all the help I can get. Thank You
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Started November 1st last year. Very low carb at <20g net a day. To date have lost a little over 58 pounds. I weigh and log everything I eat and am selective about the database entries I use. I do watch calorie consumption but almost never feel hungry and have never been tempted to cheat.
  • ScottW3142
    ScottW3142 Posts: 498 Member
    dmcnur wrote: »
    Started November 1st last year. Very low carb at <20g net a day. To date have lost a little over 58 pounds. I weigh and log everything I eat and am selective about the database entries I use. I do watch calorie consumption but almost never feel hungry and have never been tempted to cheat.

That's great! I started on 4/13 and have lost 14 pounds. I'm not tired in the afternoon anymore.
  • mollybeszhak920
    mollybeszhak920 Posts: 7 Member
    I just finished my first week and I’m down 10 lbs and 5”. I love the energy and focus I have.
  • KatieeM14
    KatieeM14 Posts: 22 Member
    I did Keto back in January and lost 13 pounds, then life happened and I fell off track (but thankfully didn’t gain any weight back). I recently started it up again a week ago and am down 3 pounds. So far I’m happy.
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    So far after weighing myself today I am down 19 lbs since the end of February. I don't count calories but remain mostly strict with carbs. Once in a while I give myself a "cheat" meal. But I found eating carbs actually makes me sick now so I've limited that even more. I eat way less than I used to be because it doesn't take much to get full and I don't get. Hungry much anymore.
  • gcooper7
    Update: I am down 50 lbs since I started back in February. I have not counted any calories besides I a few times. I eat until I am full and if I'm hungry I eat again. I feel more energetic and don't crave anything I used to crave. Definitely going to keep this up.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

There are many user-generated net carb entries. All you have to do is add [name of food] net carbs. Make sure to check the calories against reliable data, though, because calories can be wrong sometimes. Once you establish a good list of recent foods it should get easier.
    17i7k2hei64v.png
    17q9t2lescre.png

and here is a reliable non-net carb version for comparison
    olget46e6skj.png

Big differences in the Vit A, Vit C, and iron.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Update: I am down 50 lbs since I started back in February. I have not counted any calories besides I a few times. I eat until I am full and if I'm hungry I eat again. I feel more energetic and don't crave anything I used to crave. Definitely going to keep this up.

Glad you're happy with it! Good when you find something that suits you.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member

Congrats! :)

Are you planning to continue once you hit maintenance too? Some do, some don't.
  • gcooper7
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Congrats! :)

Are you planning to continue once you hit maintenance too? Some do, some don't.

Yes I am. I like how I feel.
  • gcooper7
    rpmkarting wrote: »
    Anyone else doing the Keto diet? How are your results if you are?

Solid I would say. From April 11 to now down 57 lbs without excersize.

That's awesome
  • mojo4717
    mojo4717 Posts: 256 Member
    Yes and steadily losing , over 3st down , never hungry or craving and loads of energy 👍😊
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Hey, I just started keto on 8/11. As of this morning I'm down 7.6lbs, all water weight. I'm taking in at least 120oz of water (or Powerade Zero) every day. Keeping my carb count under 20g has been my goal but if I go one or two over I don't stress too much. I've been at a calorie deficit every day since I started and have either hit or come very close to hitting my fat/protein macros. Day 1 I had bulletproof coffee in the morning and didn't really eat at all again until dinner, I did try making half a zucchini into zoodles but I really had no energy so I just tossed a small amount of avocado ranch dressing on it and picked at it for a bit. Day 2 I had a bit more energy and could feel that my joints were less inflamed from fluid retention. Yesterday I had a TON of energy until about 2pm then hit a wall. This morning I'm still feeling a bit physically exhausted but I'm still sticking to it. If anyone on this post wants to be my keto accountability buddy, I'd love to have you around.
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member

The best way to do this is change your macros to show Carbs and then Fiber.. You will have to mentally subtract the fiber from the total carbs but it is the easiest way to do it on the non-premium version.