100+ Lbs to lose - looking to add friends for support!

Replies

• Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    JG941 wrote: »
    I will be 37 in November and my goal is to be as healthy as possible by the time I reach 40. "Fit by 40" is my new motto. I am a married mother of 3 and I tend to put the needs of everyone else before my own. My #1 goal right now is to put my own health as the #1 priority.

I am hoping to connect with others who have 100+ lbs to lose and who are also looking for accountability and motivation.

If that's you, let me know! I am looking forward to this change in my life and finally putting my energy towards something important - ME! :smiley:

Starting weight was 300 I'm down 41 so I'm 259 at the moment I'm with you all the way!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me. I am 40, single, no kids. I have over 100lbs to lose but haven’t set a goal weight. I’m just playing it by ear. I am more focused on my health and eating a clean diet to manage chronic pain. I have lost 58lbs already but hope to lose another 50 by January.
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    I'm a 36 year old mum of two, both my kids are disabled ones 13 the other is 2
    I put my oldest first as soon as she was born, spent her first year in hospital eating what I could get my hands on....... I ended up at 387lb!

I had to get it under control, it was killing me and how would she manage without me to care for her.

I lost over 100lb and then had my son, a child I had been told I would never be able to have. Gained 4 stone putting him first again but reigned it in alot faster this time

I've now lost 160lb with about 80lb left to go

It's hard to put your needs first when your so used to always coming last but self care is so vital if we are to continue being there for our loved ones

Are you me????

My kid was diagnosed with something horrible when she was 5 weeks old. I got to 367.8 before deciding to up the priority of me. Down 158.8, unlear how much more to go. I completely understand where you're coming from!
  • terrichcombo
    terrichcombo Posts: 14 Member
    I was almost 300lbs in 2010, pre-diabetic, had a heart attack, 2 hip replacements, cholesterol through the roof (triglycerides at one point were 1,609!), all this on a 5'9" frame. Was able to lose 105 lbs by being cognizant of portion sizes and "trigger foods" (those that cause me to binge), incorporating mild exercise....and lots of support from family/friends and other folks who struggle with their weight. Small changes, one day at a time! I'm not a mum but a dad of three girls - it's great to be more active in their lives now!
  • Kali1123
    Kali1123 Posts: 26 Member
    I am at 244. I am down 6 lbs over the last 2 weeks. My goal weight is around 150. So 94 to go. Add me! I need the motivation.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    I'm a 36 year old mum of two, both my kids are disabled ones 13 the other is 2
    I put my oldest first as soon as she was born, spent her first year in hospital eating what I could get my hands on....... I ended up at 387lb!

I had to get it under control, it was killing me and how would she manage without me to care for her.

I lost over 100lb and then had my son, a child I had been told I would never be able to have. Gained 4 stone putting him first again but reigned it in alot faster this time

I've now lost 160lb with about 80lb left to go

It's hard to put your needs first when your so used to always coming last but self care is so vital if we are to continue being there for our loved ones

Are you me????

My kid was diagnosed with something horrible when she was 5 weeks old. I got to 367.8 before deciding to up the priority of me. Down 158.8, unlear how much more to go. I completely understand where you're coming from!

Hmmm Irish names...... I was living in Ireland when I had my first child lol

Picking a goal weight is so hard when your coming from a high weight. I can't imagine how I will look and I have excess skin issues so doubt I'll get to where my doctor told me I should be

I'm aiming for looking nice in my clothes and being able to be active
  • SirLinxalot
    SirLinxalot Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 18 years old and use to weigh 275lb 3-4 years ago. Now I weight about 250lb and hope to eventually get down to 160-180lb. Feel free to add me.
  • jenniferallen33
    jenniferallen33 Posts: 8 Member
    I have about 160 to lose, which is overwhelming when I look at it as a whole, but I'm down 17 points, and I'd love to to be friends if you are still adding. I'm a 48 year old mom of a college sophomore.
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Hi! Mid 30s with two kids under 3. I started 115lbs to lose to be a healthy weight. That’s 15 pounds less than I was when I started high school. I’m 25lbs down as of this morning. Would love some active friends who are in the same boat! Friend me! Please!
  • kouriei
    kouriei Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 28, 5’10 265 with a goal of 160. So i need to lose 105! Add me i need all the help!
  • Chelsi1028
    Chelsi1028 Posts: 31 Member
    You can add me! Going to be 30 in October mother of 2. Have to loose 140-150 total. I'm down 62lbs! Anyone can add me!
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Hi, I’m Nathalie. Am in my 40’s now, single no kids. I have about 50lbs to lose as a starting point! Am ready for it to take time, but am dreading the plateau as that’s where I’ve fell down before. Going to bookmark this thread, please add me too!
  • Rpp1986
    Rpp1986 Posts: 10 Member
    Great idea. I need friends and support also. I also need to loose 100+ pounds. I don't like to think about the plus. Add me I need the motivation also. I started a diet last week Friday and am hoping to stick with it until I get to the 100+ then I will transition to a keto lifestyle. I have a goal and a plan...now to just stick to it...

"A goal without a plan is just a wish" - Antoine de Saint Exupéry
  • kathan01
    kathan01 Posts: 21 Member
    feel free to add me, I'm here for you.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I'll be 48 in September, 5'9" at 249. This is my 2nd time using MFP. First time was an amazing success losing 55lbs. But I left the site and the supporting community....and allowed the weight to come back. I'm so disappointed in myself.

So, I'm back! My goal is logging everyday and being aware of what I choose to eat. I've been back 2 weeks, down 4lbs....it's a small win but I'll take it! Good luck to everyone on your journey. We can do this!!!!

"Being healthy is a battle....my goal is to be on the front line"
  • Jenean125
    Jenean125 Posts: 26 Member
    I would love to be added as well...I need to lose around 175 hopefully, about half of my current weight. 😳 I’m starting over once again first thing tomorrow. I’m going to adapt your motto - Fit by 50! That gives me just under a year to make some good progress! Here we go!!
  • khronicuk
    khronicuk Posts: 14 Member
    Halfway to my 100lb total weight loss goal, aiming to build lean body mass too!
    Feel free to add me, 26yr old student nurse (although only a student for another 2 months, scary! Lol)
  • giventofly__
    giventofly__ Posts: 21 Member
    I'm on my 2nd time around on MFP. I lost over 70 pounds 7 years ago, and just messed up and let it all come back and a good bit more. I have been really struggling this time around...all the added years, the new stresses,facing 40, and just having a harder time getting the weight to fall off, but I am trying it again. Something has to change, I have to make it work and stick this time around. I would also to find more support, almost all of the supporters I had 7 years ago are no longer on here and active.
  • GorditoTerronillo
    GorditoTerronillo Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi! It’ll be great to be part of this group, feel free to add me too!
    I downloaded this app years ago and never started or took it seriously (didn’t even know how this worked!), started again two weeks ago and I like to think I did start my journey then, I seriously don’t know where my motivation comes from but for right now I can’t stop lol
    I’m loving it.
    I was 269lbs two weeks ago, down to 260lbs now, still 100lbs ish to go! Let’s kick it together! 👊🏼
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I'm on my 2nd time around on MFP. I lost over 70 pounds 7 years ago, and just messed up and let it all come back and a good bit more. I have been really struggling this time around...all the added years, the new stresses,facing 40, and just having a harder time getting the weight to fall off, but I am trying it again. Something has to change, I have to make it work and stick this time around. I would also to find more support, almost all of the supporters I had 7 years ago are no longer on here and active.

@giventofly__ Our MFP journey is so similar. For me, 7 yrs ago as well, 55lbs but I allowed it to come back. I sent you a friend request. We can do this!!!