Name something that was easy for you to give up

Replies

• RazanMorya
    RazanMorya Posts: 40 Member
    For me, it was fried food!! Now i feel sick in my stomach if i eat something fried.
  • Biggster69
    Biggster69 Posts: 84 Member
    Giving up eating to much of everything. Eat half of everything now and it was easier than I thought.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Fried food.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I gave up eating crackers when I saw the calorie count and decided it wasn't worth it. They used to be a regular snack but aI rarely eat them even with soup.
    I gave up drinking pop, juice, milk, hot chocolate and mostly drink water or unsweetened teas now because drinking my calories is not satisfying. It was a relatively minor change though.
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    I used to take 3 or 4 teaspoons in my tea or coffee in my early teens. Reduced it to 2 teaspoons and around 25 decided enough was enough and went cold turkey. I am now 39 and still don't add sugar to my hot drinks.

I also don't drink juice or fizzy drinks. Not sure when that happened but it just did. :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Too much cardio
  • CheekyChiq88
    CheekyChiq88 Posts: 109 Member
    Bread

I have found other foods to enjoy that have fewer sugars and keep me fuller!

Basmati Rice
    Quinoa
    Oats

The list goes on!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Liquid calories, no question. Everything else I still want occasionally and occasionally make room for, but juices and smoothies and soda are gone without a single pang.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    As far as weight related, it was cream and sugar in my coffee. I used to drink a little coffee with my creamer, 3-4 cups a day. When I realized how many calories I was drinking I decided to give it up. Actually went cold-turkey with black coffee, took a bit to acquire a taste for it but my stomach issues cleared up immediately so that was a great bonus. Now I genuinely enjoy my coffee black, and only drink 1-2 cups a day because I'm actually getting a decent amount of caffeine now that it's actually coffee not coffee flavored cream.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    My ex wife! Lol jk. Fast food was pretty darn easy.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Mindless snacking
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I can't think of anything that I've eliminated but it is easy for me to limit butter and cheese. I still use butter all the time when cooking, but I don't add it to my rolls, toast etc. It's just extra calories to me. And same with cheese. I don't use as much cheese as most people do, and when following recipes that involve cheese I typically reduce the amount. I just don't like things to be super cheesy. And I don't put cheese in my chili (it adds absolutely no value to me)
  • mholl15
    mholl15 Posts: 139 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    My ex wife! Lol jk. Fast food was pretty darn easy.

lol, you're not kidding haha
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Women! :-)
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Surprisingly, smoking. I just decided one day about two months ago that I was done and I haven’t touched one since. I get cravings here and there but I ignore them.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Buying and eating lunch at the work cafeteria.