How often do you weigh in when starting out?

2»

Replies

• bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    Do what works for you.... :)
  • cjrmack2014
    cjrmack2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Once a week on Wednesday morning.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Every day weigh ins here
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    I weigh most mornings but I only claim a 'loss' if I have observed it for 3 days. I used to just check in once a week but I get too excited to see another pound gone to wait a whole week ;)
  • Debgreasby2018
    Debgreasby2018 Posts: 30 Member
    I have an official weigh at Boots on a Monday after the gym because that’s when I did my first weight check.
    I also weigh daily at home in the mornings and log on happy scale coz I am a bit of a data freak!
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    I’m weighing daily first thing in the morning!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    When I"m trying to lose weight, I only weigh myself every week or two. I tend to get affected too badly by the results. I either eat more because, "This isn't working, so screw it." Or I'll eat more because "I've lost some. I want to celebrate." I don't do that as much if I weigh myself less often.

When I'm maintaining (most of the time) I'll weigh myself once a week so I can see if I'm over my 5 pound limit. I only do it after days I don't exercise hard or eat out so it isn't affected by unusual water retention. Since i have a window, rather than a set number, I don't get stressed if it changes as long as it isn't more than 5 pounds.
  • mmcafoos
    mmcafoos Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2018
    I weigh in weekly, every Thursday in the AM. I've heard that the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning before you eat. :smile:
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Right now, while I am trying to lose, I weigh myself every day or so. After I get to the weight I want to get to, I'll probably weigh once a week. I try to weigh myself at the same time every day, because my weight can vary 2-3 times a day, and when it is up a pound, I get depressed.