Guys who wont let me boop da nose
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Guys who cant handle being approached at the gym

Lol. Inspired by the other thread?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2018
    I looked through all of these and phew, I gotta say I lucked out and got me a good one. :tongue:

edited: he was not always perfect and neither was I, perfection is big word to live up to. It took years to work on past baggage, habits, and what not. I guess those that work all this stuff out, stay together. :smile:
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Idk man I put up with an awful lot. I'd have to say if they are an addict. I went on a date once with a guy who was an obvious tweaker and no thank you. I immediately cut that date short.
    But as far as things that turn me off go if the chemistry is there I don't give a *kitten*. It already happened once and he was one of those gone in three months types. Looked at other women right in front of me and in an obvious way.
    Selfish in bed
    Liar
    Married
    Shorter than me
    But boy oh boy was I throbbing.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Lack of ambition.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    No job

And if they’re an only child
  • RDahling
    RDahling Posts: 27 Member
    Things that push me away from dating someone include:

- co-dependence or excessive neediness (any good relationship needs time apart)
    - bad personal hygiene (bad breath, BO, thinking that washing your hair once every two weeks {that's ONCE every TWO weeks - name that tune!} is sufficient ... ewwww)
    - desperation (with or without the flop-sweat)
    - no ambition (have dated some women who claim to have dreams/goals and do nothing to achieve them - sad, really)
    - bad teeth (I currently live in Asia, and there are lots of pretty women who have the most egregious snaggle-teeth - I seriously worry about what would happen to my tongue if I kissed them - would it get hooked up or shredded or what?)
    - laziness/inactivity (I want someone I can hit the squash courts with or go hike a mountain or do some trail riding)
    - victim mentality (one thing about human beings is that the longer we live, the more baggage we have, but some people just can't learn to cope with their past {or worse, conflate the tiniest of events into a personal apocalypse}, and I'm not looking for a project to save)
    - ignorance (I can deal with stupidity - stupidity can be cured - but ignorance, not so much)
    - HYPOCRISY - oh this one really rattles my cage now that I think about it.
    - People who insist on taking pictures of food they ordered in restaurants instead of, oh, I don't know, EATING IT.
    - Instagram-based narcissism (wow, you took 100 photos of yourself in various poses and finally found one that looks good ... yes, you are total wife material)
    - People who duck-face for photos. Seriously? What the Hell is wrong with you?
    - 撒娇 (sājiāo) - this means acting like a spoiled child when you're an adult, usually to get your way or get attention. See comments above about neediness.
    - Cellphone addicts - no, I don't need to be the entire focus of every minute of every day, but if we can't have a conversation without you looking at your gd iPhone or eat a meal without you suffering DTs from not having it in easy reach ... yeah, we're not going anywhere.

I'm sure I have a lot more, but these are just off the top of my head (as I try to avoid doing work).
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    RDahling wrote: »
    Things that push me away from dating someone include:

- co-dependence or excessive neediness (any good relationship needs time apart)
    - bad personal hygiene (bad breath, BO, thinking that washing your hair once every two weeks {that's ONCE every TWO weeks - name that tune!} is sufficient ... ewwww)
    - desperation (with or without the flop-sweat)
    - no ambition (have dated some women who claim to have dreams/goals and do nothing to achieve them - sad, really)
    - bad teeth (I currently live in Asia, and there are lots of pretty women who have the most egregious snaggle-teeth - I seriously worry about what would happen to my tongue if I kissed them - would it get hooked up or shredded or what?)
    - laziness/inactivity (I want someone I can hit the squash courts with or go hike a mountain or do some trail riding)
    - victim mentality (one thing about human beings is that the longer we live, the more baggage we have, but some people just can't learn to cope with their past {or worse, conflate the tiniest of events into a personal apocalypse}, and I'm not looking for a project to save)
    - ignorance (I can deal with stupidity - stupidity can be cured - but ignorance, not so much)
    - HYPOCRISY - oh this one really rattles my cage now that I think about it.
    - People who insist on taking pictures of food they ordered in restaurants instead of, oh, I don't know, EATING IT.
    - Instagram-based narcissism (wow, you took 100 photos of yourself in various poses and finally found one that looks good ... yes, you are total wife material)
    - People who duck-face for photos. Seriously? What the Hell is wrong with you?
    - 撒娇 (sājiāo) - this means acting like a spoiled child when you're an adult, usually to get your way or get attention. See comments above about neediness.
    - Cellphone addicts - no, I don't need to be the entire focus of every minute of every day, but if we can't have a conversation without you looking at your gd iPhone or eat a meal without you suffering DTs from not having it in easy reach ... yeah, we're not going anywhere.

I'm sure I have a lot more, but these are just off the top of my head (as I try to avoid doing work).

Umm, good luck with your endeavor towards finding perfection. 😁😁
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Bad hygiene. Mama’s boy.

I love it when they're a mama's boy, I think it's the cutest thing ever ❤

Yeek...I dated a mama's boy for a while, just long enough to realize what a train wreck our life together would have been. That was a horrible lesson. But like they say, every relationship is a lesson, even the bad ones. Maybe especially the bad ones!