Shrinking boobs

Hi all,

This might be a silly question because I know you can't magically increase your boob size, but I recently started my diet and I want to lose a bit of weight. I've lost a couple of pounds and as many women can probably relate, my boobs are the first to go. The thing is: I'm only a B-cup and I'm now approaching A-cup territory :( Are there any excercises I can do to try and maintain some boobage?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    nope
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    What he said.
  • mandyj90
    mandyj90 Posts: 19 Member
    Okay, that's clear ^_^. I thought maybe training certain area's could help. Oh well.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Yeah the previous posters are right unfortunately, training your pecs can help a tiny bit but really you gotta become ok with losing the boobs. Last time I reached my goal weight my boobs got pretty small and a bit saggy, doing pec exercises helped a bit to perk things back up again but of course they stayed small. This time around I seem to be losing my butt! I actually liked my big butt so I'll have to start doing glute exercises to replace the lost fat with muscle.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I have the opposite problem, having lost nearly 3st none of it is from my boobs, back size has gone down but not the cup :(
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I did dumb bell chest exercises while losing 40 pounds and only lost a half a cup size. Probably an inch of band - went from outer hooks to inner hooks.
  • poonamvg
    poonamvg Posts: 2 Member
    Push ups
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem, having lost nearly 3st none of it is from my boobs, back size has gone down but not the cup :(

At 45lbs lost mine have just started to decreasing in size. Last place to go for me!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I lost a lot of boob tissue with my 40lbs but I kinda like it. I know big boobs on a small frame is a look but mine go with my more athletic body as they are now. Also moulded cup bras.
  • mandyj90
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    Sadly it happens 🤷‍♀️ , sure makes running easier though lol....

Haha yes. Although, also sadly, I never had problems with that in the first place.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

At 45lbs lost mine have just started to decreasing in size. Last place to go for me!

Ah, hope for me yet then!
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    Losrt 23lbs and I went down a band size but not a cup size. I did lose 2 inches around though. So went down in shirt size. I would love to lose another inch, but don’t see it happening.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OP, before I lost weight I had small boobs. After losing weight now I have itty bitty boobs. Sometimes I feel self-conscious about it, but most of the time I'm so happy with my weight-loss results that they hardly even bother me.

I've seen some people on here mention that if you want your boobs to appear fuller, you can work on the chest muscles that sit beneath them. I've been trying to do that and I think it's helped a little bit.

Regardless, girls with small boobs are sexy in their own right.

AMEN to that! Yes, ma'am! 100% agree.
  • mandyj90
    OP, before I lost weight I had small boobs. After losing weight now I have itty bitty boobs. Sometimes I feel self-conscious about it, but most of the time I'm so happy with my weight-loss results that they hardly even bother me.

I've seen some people on here mention that if you want your boobs to appear fuller, you can work on the chest muscles that sit beneath them. I've been trying to do that and I think it's helped a little bit.

Regardless, girls with small boobs are sexy in their own right.

Thank you! I hope I will feel the same when I lose a bit of weight. So far, my results are minimal but my boobs have shrunk quite a lot. So I'm not happy about that. They'll look better when my frame is a little smaller. And thank you, I will try working on those muscles.

p.s. High five to all the itty bitty titty committee members haha
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    You probably already know this, but breasts are made up of breast tissue and fat. The proportion of fat changes with weight gain/loss, but breast tissue (glands, ducts, and fibrous connective tissue) remains largely unchanged. Since breast composition varies from woman to woman, so will size, shape, and results from weight loss. But all boobs are awesome! :smiley:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Breasts are largely breast tissue and fat, so exercise isn't going to preserve breast tissue or fat. Strength training may help keep them perkier with muscle underneath, but that's about it.

The good news is that there are a lot of people who like small breasts.