Foodies, I want only your best...

What are the most delicious and filling super low calorie meals you eat?

Mine:

Sautee onion and red peppers until onion has caramelized and is browning up the pan. Add 22 medium cooked shrimp. Season with powdered steak seasoning and powdered stir fried rice seasoning. Add 1/4 cup or less of water. Scrape onion browning from pan (this turns the liquid brown). Reduce for 1 minute. WOW.

Calories: 225 for a whole plate's worth

Chicken and vegetable soup: Rotisserie chicken carcass leftovers just ridiculously overseasoned, veggies cut super large, (whole baby carrots, 1 inch celery, large cut onions, leftover grilled whole shallots, whole hot pepper) boil to nearly no water. Leave overnight in fridge. Scoop what you want out of it, add water, microwave, season to taste. You have never tasted a more delicious carrot in your life, because it's been marinated in yummy for 24hrs.

Calories: 95 a cup

Replies

• losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    I just sautee up some shrimp in a table spoon of butter add garlic and red pepper flakes - sea salt and pepper. Reduce sauce to desired thickness - yummy!! Your shrimp sounds good too!

I am hooked on chicken fajita salad right now - chicken breast cut into bits - sautee remove from pan put in bowl sprinkle with taco seasoning (or homemade seasoning) add 1 TBS oil one - two onions cook until soft add peppers red orange green strips add jalapeno or habernaro to taste cook until onion is carmelized peppers start to soften add in chicken and water then cook down.

Big batch usually 6 - 8 meals I put mine on a salad with salsa and Sour Cream (if I have the calories and fat available) with or without cheese its to die for!!
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    I just sautee up some shrimp in a table spoon of butter add garlic and red pepper flakes - sea salt and pepper. Reduce sauce to desired thickness - yummy!! Your shrimp sounds good too!

I am hooked on chicken fajita salad right now - chicken breast cut into bits - sautee remove from pan put in bowl sprinkle with taco seasoning (or homemade seasoning) add 1 TBS oil one - two onions cook until soft add peppers red orange green strips add jalapeno or habernaro to taste cook until onion is carmelized peppers start to soften add in chicken and water then cook down.

Big batch usually 6 - 8 meals I put mine on a salad with salsa and Sour Cream (if I have the calories and fat available) with or without cheese its to die for!!

You just gave me an idea...
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Shrimp stir fry.

I sautee some shrimp in a little bit of oil, then stirfry a bag of frozen vegetables. Then add a few tablespoons of stir-fry sauce (i'm experimenting with making my own, but currently using a wegmans organic bottled stirfry sauce). I serve it over cauliflower rice. It's filling and delicious! I haven't formally calculated the calories but It can't be much since 75% of the meal is veggies. I love it.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    stir fry in general is really low cal for me but it doesn't stick very well. I think I need to add some more fat to it or something? some peanuts maybe?
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 217 Member
    y81n4rdvwmyp.jpeg

Steamed Asparagus over quinoa cooked in low sodium chicken broth, topped with lemon garlic shrimp: 341 Cals.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I can make a really easy "quiche," that my boyfriend likes. I eat it without the "crust"

preheat the oven and bake some Pillsbury crescent roll dough. Don't roll up the dough into the knots though. Just lay the triangles out. Bake it a couple minutes short so that the dough is still pliable, not raw, but pliable.

Mix 3 eggs in a bowl with diced green pepper, red onion and sliced tomato. Season with paprika, salt and pepper. Microwave the egg mixture for 3 minutes. It should still be kind of runny.
    Take 2 of the dough triangles and lay them in a small bowl with the edges coming up to the top of the bowl, creating almost a "pie crust." Crumble 2 small chicken/turkey sausage links on top of the dough.
    Then add the partially cooked egg mix on top and microwave for another 4 minutes.

crescent rolls - 90cals each (180 total)
    eggs- 70cals each (210 total)
    chicken sausage - 30 cals each (60 total)
    veg - 10 cals

about 460 cals
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Caldo de Pollo. Spicy chicken a veggie soup.

1lb boneless/skinless chicken thighs.
    1 medium onion
    2 cloves garlic
    6 celery stalks
    +/- 2 cups carrots
    1/2 head medium cabbage
    4 red potatoes
    1 turnip
    2-4 (depending how spicy) jalapenos
    1 lime juiced
    1/2 bunch cilantro
    Salt & pepper to taste.
    Water to cover everything + 2 cup chicken broth.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    cherries - 5 cal each

and

strawberries with whipped cream from a can 65-100 calories for a bowl depending on how much cream you use.

Berries are seriously low cal, high fiber and delicious!
  • midlomel1971
    y81n4rdvwmyp.jpeg

Steamed Asparagus over quinoa cooked in low sodium chicken broth, topped with lemon garlic shrimp: 341 Cals.

yum...i could eat that every day
  • midlomel1971
    cherries - 5 cal each

and

strawberries with whipped cream from a can 65-100 calories for a bowl depending on how much cream you use.

I don't know what I'm going to do this fall/winter when I don't have fresh blueberries and strawberries. They are seriously a god-send for losing weight.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    crazyravr wrote: »
    cherries - 5 cal each

and

Seeing your posts here, its about time you start using a kitchen scale and not go by a piece for serving because a shrimps vary in weight, cherries vary in weight so do berries and that whipped cream adds up REAL fast.

Thanks for the tip. I weighed my food once and found it too cumbersome. I've lost quite a bit not even couting calories at all (see avi). Different strokes for different folks.