I wore these shorts last summer; now I can't get them past my thighs

fruitily
fruitily Posts: 75 Member
And summer might be over, but I really want to wear them next year. So this is my accountability thread.

21soc59twa1h.jpg

zqkpy869ku5s.jpg

n7e7cjk6n1s6.jpg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    You can do it. I hate spending on buying larger clothing.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I had a similar experience this year. Mine was with tops that fit last year, but I suddenly needed a larger size. And who doesn't feel worse when you have to go up a size, not because of the manufacturers cut, but because you put on weight. It's really motivating me, because I love my winter wardrobe and would be unhappy if I couldn't wear it.
  • fruitily
    @sardelsa I did buy two cheap and lose shorts, because it's been hot as the devils but-crack this summer. And if I'm being honest, these would have been way to warm this summer. But it's the principle of the thing.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    I literally have no clothes beyond “house clothes” right now because I refuse to buy anything past a certain size and the rest of my clothes do this. My pregnancy weight gain was not kind to me lol.
    You got this!! You’ll be rocking those next summer feeling awesome and amazing!
  • fruitily
    @auzziecawth Thank you! I did end up buying shorts this summer, because there was this strange yellow thing in the sky that made it warm and there was no rain.
  • fruitily
  • fruitily
    @susiemcmac <3:) You've got this!
  • srj2237
    srj2237 Posts: 1 Member
    Oh, yeah. I lost weight in 2014 because of illness and had to buy all new clothes (Woo-hoo!). Then last year: got married, moved out of state, began having to help take care of Mom's affairs...I'm 28 pounds up in just over a year! I HATE buying new clothes and not being able to squeeze into the lovely ones I have. Want to lose 40 pounds on a medically-supervised diet. 5 down so far. Hang in there! WE ARE ROCK STARS for taking care of ourselves in this way!
  • fruitily
    edited August 2018
    @srj2237 <3;)<3 We're going to do this. Seriously, I spent two months in lose sweatpants that I could get over my cast, and when the cast came of those sweatpants were the only thing that would go over my B) ...
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    sigh - I have two whole drawers of shorts I can't get past my thighs! I'm living in yoga pants/capris and stretchy shorts right now. And I have at least 3 more months of hot weather ahead me (Texas LOL).

I can't wait until we will reach our goals and take pictures with these shorts **hanging** off of us!!

• fruitily
    @gabi_texanmom That's the spirit! B)
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    I giggle every time I see the pics - I swear I've seen teenage boys wear their pants like this on purpose!

What happened to your leg fruitily?
  • fruitily
    @gabi_texanmom Have you seen Bambi? It was a bit like that, except on the side-walk. And there was no bunnies. And I had to walk over a soccer field on my broken ankle to get to a point where I could catch a cab from to get to the ER.
  • smwheeless1991
    smwheeless1991 Posts: 1 Member
    I just experienced the same thing. I got super skinny for my friend's wedding last year (super skinny to me means size 6. I'm 5'9) after hitting my omfg weight then I gained it all back. Starting over. This thread is super motivating. Good for you for sticking with it. I'm going to join you so I can wear my cute shorts too 🙂
  • anwade01
    anwade01 Posts: 35 Member
    You can do it! Give it time💪😊
  • buckeye213
    buckeye213 Posts: 52 Member
    Lost 70 lbs over 7 months 2012 sticking to a strict diet and working out to Insanity and a lot of walking... developed some injuries and the weight has crept back not all of it, but I am bound and determine to get out of these XL shirts and back to the mediums I wore 2012. Going back to strict diet cutting out all the bad stuff ... processed foods etc.. I tell myself everyday “ I won’t trade short term pleasures while I am working to my long term goal”