Ideas for breakfast

I’m struggling with breakfast ideas.. ideally quick and easy to make as I start work very early?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Sandwich. And/or get up earlier.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Yoghurt & fruit
    Egg muffins
    Dinner leftovers
    Toast
    Hard boiled eggs
    Smoothie
    Protein bar
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    I meal prep a huge pot of oatmeal every Monday and eat it until Sunday. I put blueberries, strawberries, cinnamon and sugar free maple syrup in it while it lts cooking and add nuts to it right before I eat it. I also do this with Greek yougurt, just divvy it up at the beginning of the week so you can just grab it and go. Also Jimmy Dean Delights are great too if you’re looking for a hot savory breakfast.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I prep egg squares & freeze for quick and easy Egg McMuffins. Bake 9 eggs plus 9 egg whites in a 9x9 square pan. Cool & cut into squares. Freeze. Then in the a.m. I toast a high fiber English muffin while warming the egg in the microwave. Add cheese....ready to go. Breakfast burritos are another idea.

Greek yogurt parfait. Put yogurt and fruit in a covered bowl the night before, refrigerate. Put high fiber cereal and chopped nuts in a zip-lock snack bag (the night before). In the a.m. stir together.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,847 Member
    Make-Ahead Breakfast Bars

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/265839/make-ahead-breakfast-bars/

Says 6 servings, 233 calories, 14 protein, but I think it would be more like 4 servings, so more protein and calories.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Skip and eat at work
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Skip and eat at work

From someone who is surrounded by employees that do this on a daily basis, please don't, get up that 15 min. earlier.
  • alinaenice
    alinaenice Posts: 3 Member
    Avocado smash with fried eggs and toast
  • fruitily
    fruitily Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2018
    A high protein yoghurt with berries/fruit/seeds/whatever.

Over night oats with whatever you want in it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I prep egg squares & freeze for quick and easy Egg McMuffins. Bake 9 eggs plus 9 egg whites in a 9x9 square pan. Cool & cut into squares. Freeze. Then in the a.m. I toast a high fiber English muffin while warming the egg in the microwave. Add cheese....ready to go. Breakfast burritos are another idea.

Greek yogurt parfait. Put yogurt and fruit in a covered bowl the night before, refrigerate. Put high fiber cereal and chopped nuts in a zip-lock snack bag (the night before). In the a.m. stir together.

If you baked the eggs in a large hole muffin pan, they'd fit the muffins better...unless your English muffins are squares?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    DarianJP wrote: »
    I meal prep a huge pot of oatmeal every Monday and eat it until Sunday. I put blueberries, strawberries, cinnamon and sugar free maple syrup in it while it lts cooking and add nuts to it right before I eat it. I also do this with Greek yougurt, just divvy it up at the beginning of the week so you can just grab it and go. Also Jimmy Dean Delights are great too if you’re looking for a hot savory breakfast.

Similarly i cook steal cut oats ahead (with a spice blend for tastiness), portion out and in the morning add some raspberries and sometimes almond milk when re-heating in mircrowave.

there are some interesting breakfast muffin recipies. i need something "more filling" personally.

another option is just nuking egg whites in microwave (if you want to add some cheese or whatnot you can)
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Oatmeal (which only takes 5 minutes) with blueberries, 1/2 an English muffin with a 2 oz ham, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a piece of fruit. Scrambling an egg takes less than 5 minutes, 1 piece of Whole Wheat Bread with 1/2 of an avocado, or 1 piece of cheese melted, or 1 tsp of peanut butter.
  • Strongfitmama100412
    Strongfitmama100412 Posts: 90 Member
    6:00am- coffee with coconut creamer

Then at 7-8am I have breakfast.

Monday,Wednesday, Thursday: I work these days so I make the smoothie while im getting kids breakfast. I have freezer bags in the freezer with the banana, spinach, and berries. I put them in bags at the end of the week before I buy new fruit. So all I have to do is add the milk, protein powder, yogurt and flax. I drink it when Im driving to work.

Smoothie: unsweetened almond milk, spinach, 1/2 banana, berries(blueberries, raspberries, strawberries),protein powder, flaxmeal,1/2 cup plain greek yogurt

Tuesdays: i teach a muscle/tabata class in the morning. So i make sure i have protein.

Skyr yogurt or greek yogurt with protein powder topped with berries and 2 tablespoons granola

Fridays:
    Kay naturals protein cereal with unsweetened almond milk and blueberries

Saturdays:
    1 egg, 2 egg whites with light english muffin and a grapefruit

Sunday:
    2 kashi waffles with blueberries and sugar free maple syrup
    Or
    Homemade protein pancakes

https://www.justataste.com/fluffy-greek-yogurt-pancakes-recipe/

• lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    I usually hard boil a dozen eggs on Sunday night to have for breakfast all week. Two eggs and one piece of toast is my go to. Oatmeal (I typically mix in some blueberries) is quick and easy as well.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Microwaved eggs done in under 60 seconds. That's pretty effing quick. Whisk in whatever you want for flavor.
  • buckeye213
    buckeye213 Posts: 52 Member
    Weight control oatmeal, PBfit and blueberries 😋 use my Keurig to heat water so it does not takes as long
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Left-overs. I rarely eat breakfast, never been a breakfast person. But, when I do, it's usually leftovers from the day before. 1 minute in the microwave and done!
  • lakerfann909
    lakerfann909 Posts: 6 Member
    Overnight oats! I make 5 jars of oats of a variety for my work days. I prep on Sunday and just eat it cold out of the jar or warm it up while I get ready for work.
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Make a batch of quinoa and prep ahead with Greek Yoghurt and fruit or eggs. We do this on a Sunday and works fine for the week.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,515 Member
    I love making a batch of Egg Muffins or an Egg Bake on Sunday for grab and go breakfasts during the week.

You can also make breakfast sandwiches in bulk and just grab one and reheat in the microwave.

Overnight Oats. Yogurt and Fruit. Chia Pudding also makes a great grab and go breakfast.