Tummy surgery after 180 pound weight loss [warning - some graphic pics]

System
System Posts: 1,899 MFP Staff
edited August 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
This discussion was created from replies split from: So you want a nice stomach.

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Following
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Following
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    @middlehaitch

First day post surgery. Dr says a bit over 4lbs of skin was removed. Had to get a second drain put in today. Here's the pic of my 1 day old scar.

j0c4ygpdonpy.jpg

Looks fantastic already! Thank you for sharing with us. Wish you a speedy recovery!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Update: Day 5 recovery. Anesthesia pump removed and completely off of painkillers. (Ouchie, but not unbearable). For the first time in nearly 20 years I sat up and my stomach did not cover my groin and half my thighs. Still bloated, in some pain (more soreness than actual pain).

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

It looks great.
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Update: Day 5 recovery. Anesthesia pump removed and completely off of painkillers. (Ouchie, but not unbearable). For the first time in nearly 20 years I sat up and my stomach did not cover my groin and half my thighs. Still bloated, in some pain (more soreness than actual pain).

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

Take care. You did an amazing job of getting to the pre surgery stage! Congrats on the new tummy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

It looks great.

I agree! Absolutely awesome!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

I didn’t have a full abdonimalplasty like you I had a mini one! 07rk19bx30k4.jpeg

@rickiimarieee May I ask how long ago you had your surgery? Flattened belly good!!!