How to post a running ticker?

I'd like to add a running ticker to my profile, and have created one using the exercise fitness ticker, but can't figure out how to do it. Any help out there?

Replies

• mimiofeight3
    mimiofeight3 Posts: 1 Member
    Me too
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    thought there would be a sig or something to copy it too but not sure. only way I I know is to copy and past the code but that's a hassle. got to be a better way.

48907965.png
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    I did a search here and it says to paste "under my signature". No idea what that is. I've tried pasting it a few places, but so far no luck. You'd think they'd make it easier??!!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    just read in the help that its broken. some 3rd party app. so there may not be any other way other than paste it. there no sig option that ive found
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Before MFP transferred the message boards over to this server custom signatures were allowed, and many did use the ticker. They haven't been since, and it's been almost four years now.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    There is an instructional in the Running Challenge thread (very first post) about how to create and post a running ticker hosted by tickerfactory.com
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Yeah, that's the one that told me about the "signature" thing. looks like I'll live without it. :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Yeah, that's the one that told me about the "signature" thing. looks like I'll live without it. :)

No, the signature ticker was for weight loss hasn't worked in years.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Yeah, I have my MFP ticker customized and everything still waiting for them to fix it.

25537369.png

What does the link to your external ticker link look like? Is it a direct image link (ends in an image file extension like png, jpg...etc)? If so, you click the add image icon and paste the link there to include it in your post. If it already has [ img ] tags, just paste it as is into your post. MFP doesn't have a designated signature part.

Alternatively, you could add the tags yourself. My attached ticker above actually looks like this (without spaces)
    [ img ]https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/2553/7369/25537369.png[ /img ]