How many men are using this app?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Post a pic of a female butt or chest and you'll find lots of men!

Well said!

And @henrystock01, for the record, I'm a guy. I think you're right, there do seem to be more women active on the forums.

Well, you know how we are. Yak yak yak and all that noise.

An interesting point - do more women than men have issues with their weight? Or are women more likely to do something about it like join MFP? Or are we just more vocal in the forums?

According to my hubby and most of the men in my life... Dieting and counting calories is a girly thing, so therefore the women here will outnumber the men if this opinion is held by others of the male species..

Note, I'm not agreeing with the above opinion, it's just the attitude i've noticed.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Interesting!! I never noticed it was so unbalanced.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    I figure about 5% of the hundreds of thousands of users are men.

That doesn't sound right if I go by the number of men asking to be my friend

Note your photo. It's socially unacceptable to do what I'm about to do, but you're asking for those horn-dogs to bark at you.

Congratulations. She took her post down. I guess she didn't want to be "asking" for whatever remarks came her way.
  • bjess8411
    bjess8411 Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2018
    I've never noticed a shortage of men on the boards, but often women care more about losing weight than men.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    edited August 2018
    My younger brother uses the and he has a logging in streak of over 4 years but not sure if he comes into the forum being a busy 20 something.
  • TonyB0588
    babysaffy wrote: »
    My younger brother uses the and he has a logging in streak of over 4 years but not sure if he comes into the forum being a busy 20 something.

Very good. I'm at 809 days, which is 2 years and two months. I only did diary at the beginning, but once I discovered the forums I got hooked. I tend to be a forum addict, so my time gets split between MFP and about 3 other unrelated ones!!
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Interesting I thought it was more male than anything- I actually found this app because I knew 4 dudes IRL who used it and recommended it. They don’t use the forums or the social aspect. Just a functional tool. (I’m not a dude lol)
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    I use this app to bulk and to cut. I've never had a "weight" problem, unless you count being too skinny as a problem. I think there are a lot men who use this app for bodybuilding purposes. I don't visit chit-chat or fun and games to I'm not sure how populated they are but the rest of the sub-forums seem to be pretty even. However, it's sometimes hard to tell as there are tons of folks who don't post actual pics of themselves.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    My husband has used MFP for years, but never comes in the forums.
  • markyrocks
    markyrocks Posts: 33 Member
    I am man
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    I'm a dude. I use MFP daily, but only occasionally browse the forums
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    There's 53.4 men using this app
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    I'm-a dude.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited August 2018
    My husband has an account but doesn't see the appeal of the forums. There are plenty of men here. I suspect the women are just chattier :wink:

ETA thread from last year :confounded:
  • TonyB0588
    pinuplove wrote: »
    My husband has an account but doesn't see the appeal of the forums. There are plenty of men here. I suspect the women are just chattier :wink:

Strange thing is, I have an account and the women in my family don't. So really doesn't look to me like a gender thing.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited August 2018
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »

Strange thing is, I have an account and the women in my family don't. So really doesn't look to me like a gender thing.

I think if looking purely at the proliferance of posts in the forums, one might be inclined to believe this site skews slightly female. I maintain that we just talk more :smile:
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    App use and forum participation are two very different things.

My wife and I both use it. Only I am active on the forums. I suspect there are many, possibly more couples where the opposite is true.
  • firdragon18
    firdragon18 Posts: 16 Member
    4 years and counting