Best Lean Bulking Meals

Currently at 153lbs and my ultimate goal is to make a drastic ( good ) change in the next 6 months and hit 170lbs. Im not complicated when it comes to meals , ill eat the same thing everyday if that will get me to my goal. finally what are some good lean meals that will get me to 170lbs. Im in good shape but just want to take it to the next level.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    What are you eating now? Eat more of it. Maybe add some more calorie dense foods.. carbs: pasta, noodles, dried fruit. Fats: oils, full fat dairy, nuts and nut butters, and higher fat cuts of meat.
  • dannyrstrpo
    dannyrstrpo Posts: 42 Member
    pbryd wrote: »
    There aren't any. Lean bulking has more to do with a low daily calorie surplus than what foods you eat.

Having said that, there will be certain foods that fit your personal macro goals better than other.

My meals are boring, banana on toast, whey protein, beans on toast, potatoes and chicken, cereal with semi skimmed milk, oats and semi skimmed milk make up the bulk of my food during the day.

• dannyrstrpo
    Thanks buddy ; Honestly boring meals are fine with me as long as it gives me the results i want.
  • dannyrstrpo
    Thanks Sardelsa 😊
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    pbryd wrote: »
    There aren't any. Lean bulking has more to do with a low daily calorie surplus than what foods you eat.

Having said that, there will be certain foods that fit your personal macro goals better than other.

My meals are boring, banana on toast, whey protein, beans on toast, potatoes and chicken, cereal with semi skimmed milk, oats and semi skimmed milk make up the bulk of my food during the day.

I am right up there on the "BOOOOOORING!" list...not a problem. Consistency is key, right?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    fb47 wrote: »
    There aren't any, you pick the foods you enjoy and fit it in your calories intake which should be your maintenance + 250-500 calories (depending how many years of lifting you have under your belt, the newer you are, the more you should be near 500 calories, the more experienced you are, you should be near the 200-250 calories mark.

That^^
  • dannyrstrpo
    Thanks everyone
  • ELBChamp
    ELBChamp Posts: 8 Member
    During the week I stick to basically the same inexpensive foods. Chicken, beans, eggs, rice, fruits, veggies, cottage cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, 1% milk. Weekends I’ll change it up and have some Shrimp, Fish and lean steak. Not being picky with what you eat will help IMO.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited August 2018
    Lean bulking meals: whatever puts you in a slight surplus while hitting your macros....
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I had to gain quite a bit (coming out of treatment for anorexia) and I stuck to really simple meals because I'm a terrible cook and I didn't want to be bothered. In the right portions, my meals were about 800 cals. Some things I usually ate -

Breakfast
    cottage cheese, granola, peanut butter, fruit with 2 eggs
    toast with peanut butter, fruit, 2 eggs
    bagel with cream cheese, fruit, breakfast sausage

Lunch/Dinner
    quesadilla with cheese, chicken, beans, veg and chips with guacamole
    sandwich with lunch meat, cheese, hummus, veg and a cup of soup
    turkey chili with a sweet potato and cottage cheese
    teriyaki rice with grilled shrimp, edamame, avocado, peanuts and veg
    omelette with cheese and sausage, hash browns, topped with avocado
    chicken strips, corn, broccoli with cheese

If I ever needed more calories at a meal, I'd drink a protein shake too (just protein and water.)
  • dannyrstrpo
    Thank you