JUST GIVE ME 10 Days - Round 49

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Chocolate cravings are slightly less thanks to magnesium lotion.

Please tell us about Mangesium lotion. I haven't heard of this. How does it stop the chocolate cravings? Where do you get it? How do you use it? How long have you been trying this and do you feel it's been consistently effective? Thanks for the info.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Chocolate cravings are slightly less thanks to magnesium lotion.

Please tell us about Mangesium lotion. I haven't heard of this. How does it stop the chocolate cravings? Where do you get it? How do you use it? How long have you been trying this and do you feel it's been consistently effective? Thanks for the info.

I originally got it because I was having inexplainable leg cramps despite decent potassium levels. I found it at my local health food shop - but you can get it online too. This is the one I have been using, https://www.amazon.com/Life-Flo-Magnesium-Supplement-Zechstein-Relaxation/dp/B00K5QUAIG . I've been using it for about 2 months. It helps me sleep through the night - I was able to stop taking melatonin and actually sleep even better now. I rub my calves, and feet with a dime size amount before bed. I also have been using it as deodorant. Oddly enough it's working better than any antiperspirant or deodorant I've ever used and doesnt have funky stuff in it or any odor at all really. I also use it when I get migraines, massage a small amount on my temples. Period cramps, lower back pain, and general aches and pains it has helped with greatly. It's not as strong as say...lidocaine products but it gives a little tingly feeling that you know it's working and gives some relief. I just noticed that my chocolate cravings have greatly subsided too - I used to crave it in huge amount around TOM, but now it's more subtle. I originally got the lotion because I take so many other pills I didn't feel like adding another - but the lotion turns out to be much more versatile for me.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,941 Member
    @AJB1014, I bought magnesium oil originally to use as a deodorant! Over time (18months) I began using it for other areas of my body. I did not know that there was magnesium lotion. If I had, I would have bought and used it on my Grandson's eczema. I could have made some as a matter of fact. I use and buy all types of oils and butters, but because on initial use it will sting on your skin, I didn't want to cause him more discomfort. It's good to know from others who use it, how it works for them.

@MadisonMolly2017, Thank you! I was really surprised with my weight loss the entire month of July. I always liked dark chocolate, but only up to 70%. Now, I have learned to even enjoy 100% cacao. You only need a very small amount (shavings really) of that to be satisfied. It's very bitter and will surely break anyone of a sugary chocolate habit. I have a couple of bars of 85% chocolate around, but I have no desire for any of it.