Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Wow...driving all day fasting? Never done that before. Amazing!

Clarity. 😎
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Enjoy youself in Canada
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    @EstrangedTiger Are you back from Canada? I hope you had a good time with your buddies!

I've been thinking of you and wanting to share that I got away from OMAD (purposely) because I was having too many headaches fasting and then couldn't make myself fast on the weekends. I used to do OMAD only M-F and then let myself relax on the weekends (not go crazy) and it slowly escalated my eating from OMAD to 2MAD then back to 3MAD. Anyway, I decided to try keto again (tried for 6 weeks last year and couldn't get past all the greasiness). This time I'm focusing so much more on veggies and not consuming more fat than I'm actually comfortable with, and that has been a game changer. I've been eating keto-style for 4 weeks now and am down about 15 pounds. I no longer crave carbs like I continued to crave while eating (my version of) normal OMAD.

I'm following Dr. Berg's model of keto--meaning I don't count the carbs of leafy greens toward my carb limit and I'm starting to work in IF. He recommends working toward 2MAD then OMAD, which is really refreshing because I know without a doubt that OMAD is awesome and works. I love how he combines the two and I can have keto-approved food in the morning or middle of the day if I need to take medicine for (yet another) migraine. I'm not able to take it on an empty stomach so if a migraine hits, I have to break my fast.

Anyway, just sharing b/c I know you combine keto and OMAD as well. Once I get back to OMAD (I'm working toward 2MAD now), I might be more active on this page again. But until then, I don't want to get too keto-y for the strictly OMADers. ;)

Hope you are having a good day,
    Laura
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited August 2018
    @Mom2annie Hello. Well, yeah, I use low carb for appetite control. It's also a benefit in being forced to eat more nutrient dense foods. However, I'm more flexible now and eat legumes, for instance. Tis possible because I'm not craving sugar 24/7.

This is more of the Atkins way, because one can progressively add back carbs to reach their sweet spot for each day.

Everyone is different.

I'm happy it is working out for you. Your method can certainly curb appetite and replenish nutrition. I give it credit for rebuilding my body. Was a total wreck until I started making those Berg smoothies and using them on occasion.

Sometimes, I believe the high fat diet can sabotage, so do like your adjustment.

My trip went well. Thank you. Water, laughs and some good food.

• EstrangedTiger
    Enjoy youself in Canada

Thank you, it was fun. The drive was an adventure as well.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Welcome back! How was your trip in Canada? Bet you had lots of adventures! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    Welcome back! How was your trip in Canada? Bet you had lots of adventures! :)

Canadian immigration held me two hours, accused of being a drug dealer. So funny, I've never had a charge.

So, once they strip searched my car, was allowed to leave with an apology from a supervisor.

Seems I made the mistake of visiting too many countries on their watch list. 😂

Was fun overall. Nice people and good food.

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Oh NO! Glad you made it back safely. Are you sure it wasn't bc you are from Bama :)
    #lovethevols
    :D
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited August 2018
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Oh NO! Glad you made it back safely. Are you sure it wasn't bc you are from Bama :)
    #lovethevols
    :D

It's OK, UT is my second team - due to family.

So, #wareagle

#justsaynotobama

I have no doubt this was about bama (notice the lower case) profiling.😂

If my car wasn't a rental, would have seen the custom Auburn tag and allowed me past the border with a parade!
  • dkayingram
    LOL well I can totally deal with a war eagle :) We have a lot of friends that show their Auburn pride and unlike the *other team in the state* Auburn has great fans! #readyforfootball

• EstrangedTiger
    LOL well I can totally deal with a war eagle :) We have a lot of friends that show their Auburn pride and unlike the *other team in the state* Auburn has great fans! #readyforfootball

Yep, it’s time. May the tailgating begin!

• jadepearl
    Glad to hear that you are A-OK. A drug dealer? 2 hours? Good golly! May be they are more careful when the car is rented? Glad to hear that you did enjoy your trip and had good food and wine. Welcome home! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    Glad to hear that you are A-OK. A drug dealer? 2 hours? Good golly! May be they are more careful when the car is rented? Glad to hear that you did enjoy your trip and had good food and wine. Welcome home! :)

Possible. Thank you.

I’ll tell this story for years.

• jadepearl
    That's one amazing story👍☺
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    Have a great time. Send a pic of the Falls if you can. I love the electrolyte mixture. It gets me through every day.
  • jadepearl
    Never been to Canada before. Awesome place to visit, I heard! Photos would be awesome! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    I’ll post photos soon, have been trying to juggle two households and failed to weigh or display pics.

Have been doing OMAD - with a twist. Taking in all my fluid during an 8 (or less) hour span, with a typical 1 hour feeding window. So, I’m dry fasting, while still eating. Sorta like Ramadan.

Will weigh soon and can’t wait. This accommodation for my schedule looks to be burning off the weight.

• dkayingram
    Glad you are back. The dry fast sounds interesting!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited August 2018
    Glad you are back. The dry fast sounds interesting!

Thank you.

It kills my hunger. Makes OMAD easier.

Supposed to be a way to “pop” those stubborn fat cells. Body looking for water.

I’m sure to intake one of the homemade potassium/sodium drinks you see floating around online daily.

Would advise researching the method. It’s not for everybody. Joe speaks of it a couple of times.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    have a great weekend and good luck!