High Protein, Low Fat

Hello! I am in need of some good Protein snacks that are low fat and carb since I’m already close to my count on the other two! Thank you!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Snack foods are usually high in carbs and fat. Eat more at meals. You can prelog your whole day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hello! I am in need of some good Protein snacks that are low fat and carb since I’m already close to my count on the other two! Thank you!

Reduced fat dairy, chicken, seafood...
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    I find that food with high fiber is what curbs my hunger the most. Greek yogurt (low fat if you prefer) with high fiber fruit (I find Raspberry has a great proportion calories vs fiber) would be great.
    Hummus (you can make it yourself by blending chickpeas (great fiber again) with spices and a splash of water to avoid the fat in tahini and the usual olive oil found in it) with veggie sticks, eggs, etc.

I do not track fat at all, so I'm not sure about protein snack like shakes, bars, etc. I enjoy nut butter with apples but I know those are high in fat so it wouldn't be for you.

Good luck!
  • NikkiiW
    NikkiiW Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I need help on foods I can eat that are moderate fat but higher in protein. I keep going o we my goals with one or another in my fitness pal please help
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Beef jerky, watch the sugar content if you are watching carbs.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    NikkiiW wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I need help on foods I can eat that are moderate fat but higher in protein. I keep going o we my goals with one or another in my fitness pal please help

Yogurt. You can get high protein yogurt with as much or little fat as you want in it.

But your goal is to stay under your calories (if you're trying to lose weight). Don't worry so much about the macros. Try to get enough protein but let the others fall where they may.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    NikkiiW wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Yogurt. You can get high protein yogurt with as much or little fat as you want in it.

But your goal is to stay under your calories (if you're trying to lose weight). Don't worry so much about the macros. Try to get enough protein but let the others fall where they may.

I'd like to add that just make sure your fats are not too low, I did that mistake once and it's no fun. I've always been a high protein, high carbs kind of guy....but knowing what I know now, I always make sure I hit my minimum when it comes to fats, they can *kitten* up your hormones if they're consistently too low and it can be dangerous for your health too.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Greek yogurts, cottage cheese, cheese, some nuts might fit (depending on how low fat/carb you want to be), meats (like turkey slices rolled up or previously mentioned jerky), tuna.