Favorite Greek Yogurt (In the U.S.A.)

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    For Greek yogurt, I probably like Wallaby the best, but it's pretty hard to find. Stonyfield and Fage are my two favorite widely-available yogurts.

...But let's all be honest here, Skyr is really where it's at! Siggi's FTW!
  • OhCaroleM
    OhCaroleM Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2018
    Fan of Fage non-fat or Costco’s brand in the big tubs. Nice and thick. I use it as a sour cream substitute as well. For dessert I dress it up with fruit (when the fruit is tart I occasionally add a tablespoon of maple syrup, or honey). If I am low on fiber I top with nuts or chia or my homemade granola. Yum!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i like fage 2% or siggis
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    The only stuff I can stomach nowadays is the Oikos traditional recipe ones (the full fat stuff). Really can't go back to the low fat ones after trying those, honestly.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Fage hands down!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I usually get Oikos Traditional (formerly whole milk, just the full fat version) because I prefer full fat.

I do like Triple Zero for Non-fat, it's my go-to. It also has fiber. Nice touch. I will also eat Chobani non and low fat, because sometimes that is all the store has.
  • BigRed2525
    BigRed2525 Posts: 45 Member
    The Greek Gods. I’m pretty sure they have a nonfat version, although I use the whole milk version.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I buy the Aldi store brand, they sell fat-free but I eat whole milk as well ;) The Chobani 4% when they have it at Costco.

When I used 0% I'd get the 3lb tubs of Fage from Costco. They also have their own store brand one but I never tried it.

I just went to the Aldi's here in Winston-Salem (right off of University Parkway) for the first time (been here some 4.5 years....never stopped in....know this store from Germany). I looked at several things....seems like I might start getting a few things moving forward.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I have seen several folks include the Oikos Triple Zero in their Meal Diary so I tried it for the first time today. I ate six cups! I liked it. Previously, I was eating the Trader Joe's non-fat Greek Yogurt. I enjoyed that as well. I will likely try something from Aldi next. Whenever that happens....
  • HelenGrace203
    HelenGrace203 Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2018
    Triple Zero Vanilla x 1,000,000 :)

With frozen blueberries or cherries...
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Because Google knows all, this popped up in my feed.
    The 7 Best Greek Yogurts to Buy in 2018
    https://www.verywellfit.com/best-greek-yogurts-4163388

Of course it is all a matter of opinion.
  • snogintheloo
    snogintheloo Posts: 18 Member
    Siggis is my favorite. More protein than sugar!
  • ryno23nv
    ryno23nv Posts: 6 Member
    Chobani Black Cherry-Non fat!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Chobani blended nonfat greek is pretty good for flavored yogurt. I used to like Oikos but I gradually grew to dislike the taste of the non-sugar sweetener used in it. For plain yogurt, which I eat most of the time, I like both Chobani and Fage, and will also pick up a tall tub of Kirkland brand when I am in Costco. Recently, I've been making my own kefir and so am eating a bit less yogurt.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2018
    Trader Joe's non fat plain Greek yogurt is decent. I get the nonfat version because the protein is much higher. I get plenty of fats from other foods.

I do not recommend Aldi's yogurt at all. It's like thick paste. They have thickeners or something in it. It coated my mouth and felt like I needed to scrape my tongue to get it off of it. The texture is all wrong. So gross. We threw a lot away. Never again.
  • DoubleUbea
    Trader Joe's is owned by Aldi's, I would have thought it might be the same thing.
  • DoubleUbea
    I found that Walmart has really good prices on Stonyfeld and other yogurts. The Stonyfeld is about three dollars cheaper than the grocery stores in the area. Cabot and chanobi yogurts were also cheaper.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Dafni’s Greek yogurt (NY) or straggisto by Danone - really rich taste.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I like Wallaby
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Fage 2%