Low carb diet

cheery81
cheery81 Posts: 2 Member
Need buddy doing the low carb and intermittent fasting for motivation. Ill be starting tomorrow and need more ideas. Please add me.

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,641 Member
    Keto and low carbing since Jan 11, 2018. I also keep my calories below 1300 as I needed to lose 90 pounds. I have lost 51 so far. I go to youtube for a lot of great recipe videos which are low carb. I also try to walk as much as I can. I am limited on other exercises. Bulletproof coffee will help stave off hunger. Look for the many recipes out there. It is Zero Carb and filling. Best of luck to you.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    cheery81 wrote: »
    Need buddy doing the low carb and intermittent fasting for motivation. Ill be starting tomorrow and need more ideas. Please add me.

I don't do low carb, but you might find strategies in here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Regardless of what way of eating you choose, don't rely on "motivation". Nobody stays motivated, and it can become an excuse if you let it! Make small incremental changes to create new, healthy, life-long habits. Be patient :smile: and good luck!
  • sunface01
    sunface01 Posts: 9 Member
    New as well. Trying ketone diet and used advanced settings to track my’macros’. Just 2 days in. I would love to work through this with you!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    I'm glad to be an encouragement and accountability partner. Have been keto/paleo on and off for a bout a year and can really tell when I am carb-free. Feel better, not bloated, and the weight comes off easier. My goal is 45 pounds down by Jan 1, 2019 and would love to take the journey with others.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    I am starting day 5. I have been shooting for 1200 calories 100+grams of protein, less than 100 grams of carbs and the rest in fat which normally is about 50g. I seriously contemplating upping my calories on a daily basis.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I am starting day 5. I have been shooting for 1200 calories 100+grams of protein, less than 100 grams of carbs and the rest in fat which normally is about 50g. I seriously contemplating upping my calories on a daily basis.

Maybe 1200 cal is too great of a deficit for you...and you should re-evaluate your goal
  • sunface01
    sunface01 Posts: 9 Member
    I am having trouble hitting my fat goal.. any ideas? Tonight I ate a tablespoon of cream cheese just to get close! Keto sticks Are still showing just a trace...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    sunface01 wrote: »
    I am having trouble hitting my fat goal.. any ideas? Tonight I ate a tablespoon of cream cheese just to get close! Keto sticks Are still showing just a trace...
    Focus on hitting, but not exceeding, your calorie goal. If keto makes that easier, then keto is good. If not, it's not.
  • bklyngal72
    bklyngal72 Posts: 42 Member
    There is a low carb..keto group on FB. I am just struggling to start
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    bklyngal72 wrote: »
    There is a low carb..keto group on FB. I am just struggling to start
    You can do that, or you can just start to eat less (and move more).
  • Jxgilber
    Jxgilber Posts: 20 Member
    You can literally just eat less... Eat whatever the heck you want.. as long as you are in the deficit you will lose weight.
  • cosmicwishbone
    cosmicwishbone Posts: 3 Member
    I do low carb/keto and intermittent fasting too. I'll add you!