WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    klanders30 wrote: »
    kylie I am a big fan of using a notebook to keep track of habits I am building on. In July I picked three things I wanted to develop, they were all manageable, if I hit the goal that day I colored in a block—very motivating for me. This month I’ve kept 2 habits from July and added one new one. Good luck!
    Time to get moving, errands, exercise, chores. NYKAREN

I use something like this for tracking habits:

dcrx82hlqs6m.png

Cheri
    enjoying a cuppa

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hey ladies! Happy Tuesday! Nursing a headache this morning. Not sure why I have one. Maybe due to the air pressure? It has been a rainy couple of days (we need it, badly). Anyway, it is making my brain extra fuzzy this morning. I will have to run out a little before 7am so I can cast my vote in the primaries. Maybe hubby will come with me to negate my vote... >:)
    Pip-Cute pup pics! Is that Floyd with the Rubber chicken?! And I love the pic of Yogi, smiling! Such a happy boy!
    Heather-So excited and frustrated for you as your move gets closer to happening!
    BArbie-I hope the past few days of meds and rest will give your doc an idea of the next step on the road to recovery for you! <3
    Kim- Ooops! I missed your birthday?! So sorry but sending you the best wishes for another wonderful year!
    Penny- So happy to hear from you! Glad to hear you are running again! Thought of you the other day when one of my three year olds showed up with a Map of the World T-shirt and it showed "the Svalbard Islands" Waaaaaay up by the neck of the shirt! lol
    Allie- So sorry to hear about your job stresses! Take care! Sending hugs!
    Dana- You look fantastic! So happy! You are just glowing!

I will leave this here for Pip's pup; but it's a good one and gets me laughing everytime I think of someone marching down the aisle to this! lol Please invite me to this wedding!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khOfSVULtsU

Signing off to go vote! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Yup that is Floyd
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    i32ms02h9grg.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    KJ - :D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Happy Birthday Kim!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    B)
  • cathybock
    cathybock Posts: 8 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this thread. Age 51 with 20-30 stubborn pounds to lose. Goal for July was to get to workout studio at least 4x/week - did that - yeah! No weight loss, though.
    Goals for August are 1) keep working out at least 4x/week and adding 2) log all calories every day starting today.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    cathybock wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to this thread. Age 51 with 20-30 stubborn pounds to lose. Goal for July was to get to workout studio at least 4x/week - did that - yeah! No weight loss, though.
    Goals for August are 1) keep working out at least 4x/week and adding 2) log all calories every day starting today.

Hi Cathy and welcome to the group. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you’d like to be called. Because there is so many of us in this group tell us the general area you are from.

Terry
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My son is riding 10 miles every day.
    Rebecca

Cycling? That's good! :)

Oh yes, its good, but I don't like him riding home after working on jets for 10 hours. Plus he's riding home at 2/3 am. In a camouflage uniform! Granted he has some lights on, but I still worry!
    Rebecca
  • Gwynhyffar
    Gwynhyffar Posts: 24 Member
    Hello from Memphis! I'm new to this board, but thought I would jump in with my August goals (even though it's already the 7th).

Stay on keto
    Bring lunch to work 2x/week (I work from home two days, so that's one day I'm allowing myself to eat something else)
    Swim minimum of 4x/week
    See downward movement, not upward movement on the scale!

I have a word for this month too - tenacity

I'm looking forward to participating here. Thank you all!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Cheri neat tracker, I'm gonna use it!

funny Pachelbel Canon video, my middleschool students would crack up at this!!

I made the most delicious pesto sauce with basil from the back yard, I add spinach to it to make it even greener. Now it is not low cal, but it screams end of summer to me and I put it in tablespoon batches in the freezer for the entire year.

My garden is starting to take off, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, cucumbers and tiny eggplants, a wonderful young neighbor is going to make sure it is watered for us while we're gone and I told her to harvest anything that looks ripe to enjoy. Hopefully I will have acorn squash ready in October.

NYKAREN
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3<3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Katla thanks for reposting "So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun." Not perfectly making any of my goals any one day, but v pleased at making some every day. Safe travels and successful outcomes!
    Lisa [shudder] Eeuuwww!
    Lanette, Rosemary & Thyme was one of my faves. Wish it hadn't ended so suddenly.
    pip Floyd's "MY rubber chicken!" ROTFL :)
    Barbie gentle ((hugs)) and healing intentions.
    Machka A VERY happy birthday to your DH, and many happy returns. "paper bag to hyperventilate into" I might have used it like a sick sack. ;} "no memory after (your birthday)" until when? Hoping its a gap that will gradually fill and not a permanent loss of short term. Continued healing and strength your way.
    Penny Thanks! "before there were roads" = recent history. It's startling to me, a 4th generation citygal, but I went to church with a gal who rode a horse miles to the schoolhouse when her family lived on a ranch. Don't know what they did for schooling when her father was a forester deep in the woods.
    KJ Pachelbel's chicken 'bout made my brain explode ;) The "player" looks so very serious!
    Lisa fingers Xd for your suggestion, hope your CEO accomplishes it before leaving. I struggle daily with my iphone, but honestly with all touch screens. Just give me a keyboard and a DOS prompt, please?
    Heather, I ordered some rollout shelves to fit a gap between cabinets and pedestal table, they serve the purpose but are cheap plastic and the top rank tends to separate from the bottom rank when I roll them out. They'll do until the one-fine-day-great-kitchen-remodel. Is your DH handy? Saw some wonderful plans/youtubes/pinterest ideas for DIY made using plywood, casters, etc. that looked both more substantial and customizeable to the available space.
    Cheri it isn't hot here on the Oregon coast, but alas all accommodations are booked up with refugees fromt the smoke and heat inland. Nearest for one family was Eugene, 5 hrs away. One of the visitor center gals even took some folks home with her. :( My "steps" spreadsheet looks v. much like your Daily goal tracker.
    eb03oe65e84z.png
    Rye "I always acquiesce" How could you not?
    Rebecca you are so right about portion control and weighing food. Think my two percent should be using the (Margaret's?) 5 minute rule to really start prepping for houseguests, they'll be here in two weeks! Yikes!

Welcome Cathybock! Bet your measurements changed over the past month, for the good!
    Welcome Gwynhyffar from Memphis, enjoy your swims!

Time to get down on the floor, meditate, exercise, break fast and get GOING. Today I will spend 5 minutes on the piles of "stuff" in the office.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 4/6, meditate 5/6, walk one more step 2/6, knee exercises 5/6, core 4/4, walk Tumble 2/4 times, SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0/1
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Cheri neat tracker, I'm gonna use it!

funny Pachelbel Canon video, my middleschool students would crack up at this!!

I made the most delicious pesto sauce with basil from the back yard, I add spinach to it to make it even greener. Now it is not low cal, but it screams end of summer to me and I put it in tablespoon batches in the freezer for the entire year.

My garden is starting to take off, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, cucumbers and tiny eggplants, a wonderful young neighbor is going to make sure it is watered for us while we're gone and I told her to harvest anything that looks ripe to enjoy. Hopefully I will have acorn squash ready in October.

NYKAREN

Oooh wish I was ya neighbor!!
    Rebecca