I'm New!

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to this site but not new to trying to lose weight! I really like this site so far. I hope I can stick with it and lose the weight this time. I don't have a lot to lose....about 25 pounds. My husband and I will be trying to have another baby in the next few months and I want to try to get some of this weight off and get in better shape before we get pregnant. So far in the four days that I have been counting calories I have lost a pound and I can tell I am starting to get some curves again!
I hope to get to know you guys! Keep up the good work!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to this site but not new to trying to lose weight! I really like this site so far. I hope I can stick with it and lose the weight this time. I don't have a lot to lose....about 25 pounds. My husband and I will be trying to have another baby in the next few months and I want to try to get some of this weight off and get in better shape before we get pregnant. So far in the four days that I have been counting calories I have lost a pound and I can tell I am starting to get some curves again!
    I hope to get to know you guys! Keep up the good work!
    Melissa
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to mfp, it's helped me lose 15 so far and I really like the people here, there is usually someone to talk to when you need it. I wish you luck with the site : )
  • SharonD
    Options
    yeah, me new too!
    I have managed to lose 3 pounds this last 10 days. This site forces you to not kid yourself about what passes your lips (you know the drill "if I eat that pack of oreos with water/standing on my head/in the open/dressed in green khakhi with pink polka dots - then the calories don't count")
    Great support group too
    Thanks to all
    Sharon
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined. I have been following a great menu from abcrunch.com. it gives you proportions and you get a shopping list and you have 5 different menus. What I am needing help with now is there is such a thing as calorie shifting. Your body doesn't know what you are going to do but it bases your metabolism on what you have done in the past few days. So calorie shifting is to change up the number of calories you eat in a day to keep your metabolism on high so you burn more fat. Does anyone have a menu plan to follow for calorie shifting?