What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Had tummy-tuck surgery 5 days ago. Went to Dr today and had pump removed, finally able to remove compression garment and take a shower. Dried off and sat on bed to dress. Looked down and for the first time in about 20 years my stomach did not roll over covering my groin and half my thighs. I cried happy tears for about 15 minutes.
    Aw, I’m so happy for you! What a fabulous nsv! Glad you’re doing well :)

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    mmebouchon wrote: »
    Finally got around to my first hike on the mountain this year. There is a trail up there, that used to take me around 3 hours to complete. Last year when I hiked it, I had to stop frequently to catch my breath and get my heart rate down. I had to take my inhaler even though I had already taken it before beginning the hike. I was miserable for most of the hike.

This year: I was able to keep up with my husband and friend. They didn't have to wait on me all the time to rest before I could continue. Most rest breaks involved hydrating myself or the dogs. Not because I couldn't walk another step. I decided not to take the long loop, because it would add another hour to a 3 hour hike. But I could have. We completed the short loop in 2 hours! I hiked the whole thing, without really stopping. My lungs protested a bit, but I did not need the 2nd puff on my inhaler. I hiked this year. Did not die. Fitness goal accomplished! (sort of)

The sort of part: In preparation for hiking comfortably this year I have been working my whole body towards that goal. Especially a focus on my glutes, quads, and hamstrings & the like to propel me up the mountain. I kind of left those tiny little muscles on my hips behind though. (hip flexors). I spent the good part of yesterday hobbling around like I was 80 because they were so sore! Apparently Pilates leg lifts needs to be part of my routine now. :lol:

Fantastic improvemet in your fitness level. Very inspiring for me. Hiking is one of my goals too.

Glad I could inspire. :smiley:
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I weigh less than my driver's license says I do. Wait, is that a scale victory? Either way, I'll take it!

Oh, yeah. Me too.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Our weights aren't printed on our licenses in Texas, but my weight was printed on my ticket.

I am confused, they weighed you before issuing you a ticket?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!