• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Last time I did max lifts
    squat 225
    Deadlift 245
    bench 120 i think
    snatch 105
    push jerk 140
    I have a pinched nerve in my arm so I havent been lifting for a few months trying to get this to heal. Most of my lifts are probably way below this now :(
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited August 2018
    h1udd wrote: »
    Squat - 260 lbs
    Bench - 180 lbs
    Deadlift - 385 lbs

woah ..... big numbers ... how long have you been lifting to reach that weight ??

About 4 years. Started with Stronglifts 5X5...

I miss my bigger numbers (not like yours, but they were good for someone just a few months in), I felt so much stronger. And a little like a bad*kitten*.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Squat - 260 lbs
    Bench - 180 lbs
    Deadlift - 385 lbs

woah ..... big numbers ... how long have you been lifting to reach that weight ??

I miss my bigger numbers (not like yours, but they were good for someone just a few months in), I felt so much stronger. And a little like a bad*kitten*.

Heavy lifting totally makes me feel badass. That's the best part!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Squat - 260 lbs
    Bench - 180 lbs
    Deadlift - 385 lbs

Heavy lifting totally makes me feel badass. That's the best part!

Like a superhero! We should have an MFP convention next summer.
  • DDW1989
    DDW1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Squat - 265 lbs
    Bench - 185 lbs
    Deadlift - 245 lbs (I don't deadlift often so haven't really worked on increasing this weight)

I always train at the gym :)
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Gym PRs (@138lbs bw)
    Squat- 215lbs
    Bench- 150lbs
    DL- 275lbs

Lift at gym...I'm itching to test squat. I did 3x10@175lbs today. Ugh, 8 more training weeks before testing.
  • notarunnermfp
    notarunnermfp Posts: 43 Member
    At 178 lbs in competition last year I hit-
    305 lb squat
    145 lb bench (hit 165ish during prep but cramped up on my 2nd attempt and only got 1/3)
    345 lb dead
    Prepping for another meet after I was up 275x8 reps on squat at a lower bw, but got injured before I was able to retest my max.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    I workout at a gym. One women's lifting group class and one personal training session every week. Boxing/kickboxing for other workouts.

Squat - 195
    DL - 165
    Bench press - 20lb dumbbells for sets (never tried maxing out, rarely use the barbell)
    Overhead Press - 65lb for sets, never tried maxing out
    Snatch - use barbell with maybe 5lbs on each side or 25lb dumbbells for sets

I've really enjoyed strength training over the past 8 months. Definitely agree with others that it makes you feel strong and empowered!
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Numbers are not what I push out for high reps more 3x5.

Squat - 185
    Deadlift - 215

I messed up my wrist recently and have been doing more hypertrophic work vs strength..and I lift both at home and the gym. I have a rack..I just don’t DL as I don’t have bumper plates.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    So glad to see so many women lifting some heavy a** weight. I train in a lifting specific gym.
    Squat - 300lb
    Bench - 165lb
    DL - 325lb
  • Redtweet69
    Redtweet69 Posts: 2 Member
    Right now, lifting 15 lbs and doing various exercises with it is much better than nothing at all! :)

How much we lift depends on a lot of factors...goals, age, health, accessibility...etc.

When I workout at home I find that I'm not as dedicated. When I go to a gym I seem to progress faster. I have access to more options so my workouts can be changed from time to time to keep things interesting. Of course options depend on budget, time, etc. Again, something is better than nothing!

I work out with weights alone 99% of the time. Even though I'm at a gym where a lot of friends go our schedules typically don't coincide. So I tend to stay with machines for about 65% of my workouts for safety and to keep my form. I've got a minor spinal birth defect plus disc injury, so stability with me is key.

However...I don't let that kind of thing stop me!

Personally I go for high reps - typically 3 sets of 20:
    Squat - 140
    Leg press - 340
    Bench - 80
    Rows - 35
    Bicep curls - 17.5 - 20 with dumbbells

Each machine is different in how it distributes the weight...some are more direct than others. At another gym my rows were 55, at this one they're 35, but it's two stacks. So the resistance changes according to the geometry of how the weight is moved by the various cables.

I've been back at it since March but have been on and off weights for the greater part of my life. I'm 52, 5'8" 148 lbs.

I workout with weights 4 mornings a week. My cardio is boxing with hubby 2-3 nights a week and cycling 20+ miles 2-3 times a week. I have some specific goals so I'm being a bit more aggressive than usual. Results are starting to show but it's never fast enough! ;)

In short, just be cautious in your comparisons to what others do. Everyone's got different factors affecting how they can build and/or perform so please keep that in mind.

Good luck with your workouts!
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    edited August 2018
    20 weeks in I'm benching 66 pounds, deadlifting 110, squatting 123... 4 days a week in a gym.

Everyone is different and 'heavy' for one is much lighter for the next. There are others who have lifted for 5 years plus who have amazing numbers and you cannot compare, it's you against you.

I also agree with age difference, I'm 42 and see younger girls lifting way heavier than me plus I also had the disadvantage of having multiple illnesses year ago that have weakened me.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    I don't know on one-rep max as I never do those, but I'm around these weights right now (typically around 3 sets of 6 reps):

Bench: 70
    Squat: 150
    Deadlift: 120
    Bent over row: 80
    Leg Press: 220
    Bicep curl: 25/arm

I do a much larger variety of lifts, but gives you an idea where I'm at. My "bad" leg still isn't back to where it was (if it ever will be), but still seeing improvements.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Never enough. I don’t squat over 245 for medical reasons, which is 75% of a tested max.

Raw bench, I’ve hit 215lb. In my shirt, I did 270lb to a one board.

Deadlifts, I’ve hit 375lb, but I don’t push it anymore.

You deserve all the cupcakes!
  • tequierosince06
    tequierosince06 Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2018
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Wow you are all amazing!

All I know is I am lifting heavier than when I started 4 years ago. That is all that matters to me. My numbers are a bit pitiful and not worth sharing (also I don't know my maxes since I work higher rep and I don't really squat or bench).

IKR. My little weakling 15lb compared to everyone else but I know i have gotten stronger in my core, my legs and everything overall just within this 1 year of working out (actually not a full year more like 9months). I just realized I will be finished with my 4week program by friday so I will be increasing my weights sooner than I thought (My dumbbell set goes up to 40lb).

I know the term heavy is relative to each person and its hard to compare weights at home (esp when I dont have a full set of equipment) to the weights used in the gym but I was just curious to see what other people lift.

But thanks for all the responses && all you tough ladies lifting heavy are definitely motivating. I still have 10lb to reach my goal weight (but i def have seen lots of results in the mirror & how my clothes fit) but until then Im going to just keep at it.