• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Happy Birthday Kim!!

Congrats Machka!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    Happy Wednesday ladies!

Kim - add me to the "Happy Birthday" chorus today. Totally understand your birthday wishes. Like others here, I generally don't want a "big deal". When my 60th bday rolled around several years ago, my good friend decided to have a BIG surprise party for me at a local tavern... :s DH and I would eat there now and then. Well, a week before the event is when DH fell off the roof and broke his back/major leg trauma. So I had the perfect excuse to have her cancel the big deal. Silver lining in that cloud.

Penny - loved reading your simple pleasures. Not having summertime mosquitos is a big pleasure I would think, lol. My pleasure is early mornings when I go for a walk - lucky to be 1/2 mile from a small state park, or work out and watch the birds and garden, or just spend time before DH gets up with our old dog on the laptop catching up with you ladies. Quiet and cool. Then after hours of daylight, 8 pm eventually rolls around and I take puppy out for her evening run, then it's bedtime for me and her and the tablet and a detective series. When I am tempted to worry or gripe, I remind myself "These are the good old days". I have so much to be thankful for.

Heather - your move is getting REAL! After all that waiting, the house will soon be yours. B)<3 How will you move your household goods when the times comes - will you rent a moving van or box truck and do it yourselves or hire a little team to load and unload?

Kelly - that chicken tune was a scream!!!

Pip
    - do you have several chickens for your pups or do they share that one and if so, does the squeaker still work? We had one for our kids a few years ago and it was a goner pretty quickly.

Keep cool!!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Well for the second time I’ve lost a long post. Ugh. I told you all about my having stomach flu but won’t repeat all that. Leave it to say I am better but dehydrated.
    Machka- I wish you could feel how proud of you I am. You are an amazing woman to accomplish all that you have with all the struggles you have been through. Celebrate the day and celebrate all you have accomplished. Good on yA.
    Gratitude - what a wonderful word. I am grateful every day for being alive. When you have had a near death experience you don’t take anything for granted. Live each moment and be grateful.
    Barbie- wishing you healing for your back. Hoping the therapy will help you.
    Allie- so sorry for your recent loss of your Dfil and friend.
    Better stop before I lose this one
    SueBDew in TX
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    m73h2h97q4sa.jpg

Yes I'm grateful for the things we aren't dealing with. My path is not just mine alone. We are lucky. We are blessed.
    Rebecca 💗
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!

So I am at work and should be working but wanted to stop by. First, Thank you for the gratitude question....I am thankful every day for the life I am living. When I have a bad day, there is always someone more in need than I am, and I have to put things back into perspective. Life can be frustrating in lots of areas, but I try to keep a positive outlook most of the time. :)

Machka CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is a major accomplishment! With your crazy life these days it is even more impressive!

Secondly, whoever mentioned clutterbug.....THANK YOU! Now I better understand my methods that have worked for me in the past as well as how to better incorporate my style with my DH. He is a cricket with OCD! Definitely more "micro" and I am true Ladybug "macro" organizer. We both dislike clutter, but his hidden organization is much more "perfect" than mine. The funny thing is that a few years ago I cleaned my closet and was able to maintain that using basically her ideas. The main thing I can't maintain is paperwork. I hate figuring out what file! Guess that wouldn't make me any help to Machka :( I am currently deciding what I need to purchase to make my filing easier once I get to organizing non-sight things. Example of different organizing styles....My drawers are organized by 1 or 2 style items per drawer. Like underwear and bras, not folded pretty, not stacked, but in the right drawers. My DH actually didn't like the way I put his folded underwear, he didn't say a word, just stacked it nice and neat ;) I love having a little insight into myself. So once again THANK YOU!

SIL just went home sick.....please don't let me get it!

I better get some actual work done.... (((hugs))) to those in need, Congratulations to everyone in their own successes, and THANK YOU ALL for being such supportive ladies!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio supposedly working-LOL!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Working today then on vacation until next Thursday. We are not leaving for Denver until Saturday, but looking forward to the time off and getting somethings done.

Barbie--Prayers and hugs for you and Jake. Glad that you both are taking care of yourselves. Good news that you were able to walk some and feel better. Please do not try and do to much to soon.

Tracey--Sounds like you had a great time with your friend. My BBF and I have been friends for 45 years and everytime we would get together it was just pickup where we left off. This last Christmas she had a couple major strokes and now things are do different. Still enjoy the time I spend with her just not the same. I miss my friend and I see her come out sometimes, but different.

Penny--So glad you are posting, missed you and hearing about your life up North. I am grateful for my DH and life we share. We may not have a lot of money, but we enjoy spending time riding the motorcycle and geocache. LIfe is good.

Allie--sorry for you loss.

Heather--Great news on the moving and that things are falling into place.

Machka--congrates!!

Blessings, Vicki GI NE B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday ladies!

Kim - add me to the "Happy Birthday" chorus today. Totally understand your birthday wishes. Like others here, I generally don't want a "big deal". When my 60th bday rolled around several years ago, my good friend decided to have a BIG surprise party for me at a local tavern... :s DH and I would eat there now and then. Well, a week before the event is when DH fell off the roof and broke his back/major leg trauma. So I had the perfect excuse to have her cancel the big deal. Silver lining in that cloud.

Penny - loved reading your simple pleasures. Not having summertime mosquitos is a big pleasure I would think, lol. My pleasure is early mornings when I go for a walk - lucky to be 1/2 mile from a small state park, or work out and watch the birds and garden, or just spend time before DH gets up with our old dog on the laptop catching up with you ladies. Quiet and cool. Then after hours of daylight, 8 pm eventually rolls around and I take puppy out for her evening run, then it's bedtime for me and her and the tablet and a detective series. When I am tempted to worry or gripe, I remind myself "These are the good old days". I have so much to be thankful for.

Heather - your move is getting REAL! After all that waiting, the house will soon be yours. B)<3 How will you move your household goods when the times comes - will you rent a moving van or box truck and do it yourselves or hire a little team to load and unload?

Kelly - that chicken tune was a scream!!!

Pip
    - do you have several chickens for your pups or do they share that one and if so, does the squeaker still work? We had one for our kids a few years ago and it was a goner pretty quickly.

Keep cool!!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State

A lady gave that to my husband cuz it was too big for her dog. It is just one chicken for all 3, has a hole already, didn’t come with a squeaker
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Yes, we are a bit closer, but it could all fall through at any moment if one person pulls out of the chain. :/ The docs did not arrive in the post today, but we wait in hope for tomorrow. :#
    I am hopeful, but definitely not counting my chickens.
    DH spoke to the solicitors today about money matters. He seems to have cleared up a few puzzlements.

Saw my friend with the damaged ligament. Her cast is just like yours, Terry. Same colour. She is cheerful, though majorly annoyed with the hospital, who have been apalling. She is going to make a Formal Complaint.

Very tired tonight. Working my way through most of a bottle of AF wine. :laugh: What a great invention! That is something I am hugely grateful for - decent AF drinks. An enormous improvement in my life. :DB)

The family in Hove are off tomorrow on a house swap in France. I can hardly bear to think about them all being in the air together. Don’t go there, Heather.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Terry - you do need to jazz that sucker up! Can’t wait for the after pics!!

Okie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Terry Nice green background there, so MANY artistic possibilities. I'm thinking a field of poppies.

Machka Adding my congratulations on your accomplishment, which is pretty spectacular all by itself. In awe that you persevered in light of your husband's health. Wowza!

Karen in Virginia