Fitbit and MFP Strength Training

JMcD1982
JMcD1982 Posts: 11 Member
Good morning MFP fam! This may have already been covered somewhere, but I am having a hard time finding it. Is there a weight for MFP to automatically sync my weight training from my fitbit? Currently I love my weight training workouts on my Fitbit Versa, but they never show up in MFP?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    No workouts of any kind are sent from Fitbit to MFP.

Only the daily calorie burn, then MFP does the math and creates an adjustment.

That would contain the lifting workout, any other workout, and more activity than normal within the adjustment.

Just write on your MFP wall a post about your workout - what you did and how it went - don't log a workout since Fitbit already has it.
  • Beckiblairjones
    Beckiblairjones Posts: 2 Member
    I've spent all morning reading various posts about whether my new Versa is logging the exercise kcals into Myfitnesspal and getting more confused! So, to confirm my understanding of the above response - the kcals that appear in MFP from my fitbit under steps will include any burnt from exercise logged and adjust my intake accordingly - even though it doesn't show the exercise separately? I set a kcal goal for myself in my nutrition - but MFP uses my stats to calculate my burn per day and adds any extra from this steps deficit to my own goal of kcals?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    MFP gets a daily burn from Fitbit. Pretend 2700.
    MFP estimated it's daily no-exercise burn from BMR x activity level you selected. Say 2400.

Fitbit 2700 - 2400 MFP = 300 cal adjustment.

If you had used MFP deficit of say 500 - MFP would start with base eating goal 2400-500=1900.

base 1900 + 300 adj = 2200 eating goal (500 cal adjustment).

If you entered your own eating goal 1800 to make say a 600 cal deficit, then:

base 1800 + 300 adj = 2100 eating goal.

Again, that adjustment is NOT just exercise.
    You could have no exercise and just be very active above what you told MFP, and get huge adjustment.
    You could have big hard workout but then be very lazy rest the day and get no adjustment.

The adjustment is merely the difference.