Is post-workout shower safe?

Question: Is taking a shower after a workout safe? How many minutes should you wait to take a shower after you exercise? TIA :)

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    100% safe (as long as you don't slip and fall in the shower). Shower whenever you want to shower. There are no adverse effects from showering at any time before or after a workout.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I suddenly find my question quite funny lol, I just remember some myths I heard from some people before that it's not safe to do so as you might get some sort of musculoskeletal spasm. But yeah, as long as you don't slip and fall in the shower... :p Thanks guys! :)

I do remember hearing something like that a long time ago; in the 80s maybe.

FWIW, I find that a shower helps me loosen up even more after a workout particularly my feet which tend to cramp during my cooldown.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Well this is a new one!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,647 Member
    I just mentioned to my daughter the other day how much I love taking a shower after a hard workout. Such a contrast from sweaty, icky to sweet and smooth. Love the feeling!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited August 2018
    I suddenly find my question quite funny lol, I just remember some myths I heard from some people before that it's not safe to do so as you might get some sort of musculoskeletal spasm. But yeah, as long as you don't slip and fall in the shower... :p Thanks guys! :)

It's a highly entertaining question, so I'm glad you asked it. There is so much misinformation out there. It's a good thing to ask yourself if it makes sense.