What's on your mind?

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Really want some cookies..... :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2018
    If mods could have sidekicks I would chose you, you seem to always catch my mistakes

Is it me?

We could buy a motorcycle with a side-car and I could ride in that part

It was you ;)

How do you feel about capes?
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    When in doubt, DON’T.
    Refrain girl....refrain.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Memories from days gone by. It's funny when you're watching a tv show and they go to a bar you used to go to with friends
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    This headache that just won’t go away.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Equations of mathematical proportions

If there's one thing I learned in school it's that A squared plus B squared equals C squared. Never used. But never forgotten.

I'm stuck on an equation that may save mankind from hunger

Well we all know that chicken tastes like everything because the matrix can't simulate the taste of chicken.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    I awoke because someone tapped me, upon my shoulder but no 1, was there & no, it wasn't a dream because I turned & said "Hm", as if to ask someone why they woke me! We do've a ghost within our apartment but I've resided here since 1988 & I've never seen, heard or ever felt their presence, so I doubt that it was her but my Mother & the tenant prior did see & hear her! She was a little girl, that tripped upon her nightgown & fell down the stairs, breaking her neck.

The only reason that I believe, that this might occur's if someone died & they were attempting to inform me of their death or that, I am going to plausibly die {well if it's me, I'm ready to go to heaven} because I've a doom feeling, so I checked upon my Mother & Sister & thankfully they're still alive but my Sister just told me that years ago, she believes that the ghost touched her!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Wine Night
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Will there be parking at the hospital this morning...
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    The only DOWNSIDE to living in CA .... Fires. I swear it's spread up and down the map. Watching the local news this AM ... Fire in Carr.
    Fire in .... Fire in ....To compound matters, a few house fires, unrelated to the massive CA acreage fires. The drifting ash out there is making the eyes water and throat feel tight, just for taking a breath. I have not slept all night, fretting over the fire closest to us. Granted, it needs to burn thousands more acres ... More infrastructure ... And cross 3 major highways before it's even evacuation worthy ... The monstrosity of the mushroom clouds visible in the distance from our mountain peak, is humbling and intimidating. I hate that I do not see the number of planes listed as actively working to put out the fire or stop it in its path of destruction. Just the same one flying in and out of the area. CA fire season... You can NEVER get used to it.

Hope all these fires are contained soon ... That firefighters return safely to their families and that ample resources are made available to kill the embers, so it doesn't lie dormant and reignite this time next year, to finish the destruction.
  • CharleyRose1236
    CharleyRose1236 Posts: 132 Member
    Exam results in 2 weeks 😣😢😔
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    The only DOWNSIDE to living in CA .... Fires. I swear it's spread up and down the map. Watching the local news this AM ... Fire in Carr.
    Fire in .... Fire in ....To compound matters, a few house fires, unrelated to the massive CA acreage fires. The drifting ash out there is making the eyes water and throat feel tight, just for taking a breath. I have not slept all night, fretting over the fire closest to us. Granted, it needs to burn thousands more acres ... More infrastructure ... And cross 3 major highways before it's even evacuation worthy ... The monstrosity of the mushroom clouds visible in the distance from our mountain peak, is humbling and intimidating. I hate that I do not see the number of planes listed as actively working to put out the fire or stop it in its path of destruction. Just the same one flying in and out of the area. CA fire season... You can NEVER get used to it.

The sad part is that CA either burns, or washes away in mudslides depending upon the season. April '17, I spent a weekend in an area just north of Fresno and there was almost 4" of standing water. Just a couple months later, it was burning.
    Hope all these fires are contained soon ... That firefighters return safely to their families and that ample resources are made available to kill the embers, so it doesn't lie dormant and reignite this time next year, to finish the destruction.

What typically causes the fires are things such as lightning strikes, discarded lit cigarette butts tossed out windows, broken glass, careless people burning things, or even just a passing vehicle that sends a spark into the scrub brush alongside a road.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of issues with CA and other states with similarly dry brush: The never do controlled burns in/around populated areas. So, there's years, if not decades of scrub brush that lays around and is like kindling. Contrary to popular belief, fire can be a good thing. It burns off the scrub brush that chokes out other plant life, and provides rich nourishment to the ground. Some plants require high heat to drop seeds. The burning of the brush also helps to control brush fires, such as the Western states are experiencing now.

People also need to do their part to help prevent and control fires. They need to remove brush, sticks, etc from around their homes. Don't leave anything highly flammable such as patio cushions, umbrellas, etc out that an ember that's been in the air for over a mile can drop on and ignite. City planners and engineers also need to better design cities and residential areas to not be so susceptible to burning.

The last couple of years has really opened the eyes of poor design and planning. But, sadly the fires will still continue.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    I hope I don’t get struck by lightning.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    I want a tattoo on my thigh...i need to take my idea to my tattoo place and do it
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I still can't access my profile - I'm sick of looking at my smile
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    newmeadow wrote: »

No I wouldn't think anyone would get used to it. I find the idea of it very frightening to the point where I don't even keep up with news stories and photos of it because just reading about it or looking at pictures of it spooks me. Also I would imagine anyone with asthma or COPD would really be in bad shape during fires, even if they're not in the immediate vicinity.

Edited to add: Move to New England Gemma!!

@newmeadow I am manifesting safety, surety and a disaster free life for you and yours, opting out of being screen-locked to the coverage of what has become the norm for us here in CA of late.

Having successfully managed an all-nighter, fire-watching JIC, the air quality - thick ash clumps wafting through our neighborhood and a stingy effect to the eyes, those with asthma or COPD would’ve been grateful with the quick clearing we’d experienced from around 10 AM today. We did have to check on an immigrant-Asian family in one of the surrounding communities, who have a child who suffers from an acute lung issue. The slightest irritation sets their baby off. As a build up to this 2nd week of the Heat Wave, the community storehouse needed refills in preparation for “the Fire Season” and of course for having ignored the cautions, some are already bed-ridden from heat fatigue. With the pattern and the direction of the fires, the lead concern for many are the homes and the surrounding industry structures, especially around these parts, with the combination of Federal Government Civil Service lifer-retirees and the lead industries - Oil, Medicine, Military, Law Enforcement and the Food & Beverage cottage industries homeowners/renters. Some (mostly fathers), have opted to remain home, to protect their residential properties, with their onlooking children documenting their Dads efforts and readiness.

I see the merits of New England, the forerunner snow … so shall it be. For wishing me well by suggestive location-transference to a safer place, bless you. 🤗❤️

@Functional_strength_ ... Need food. I shall return later tonight. 🤗