C-section and alternative exercises

Options
I had a csection almost 3 years ago ( horizontal incision and I’m in the process of starting to work out and trying to find alternative abdominal exercises. I can do sit ups and crunches no problems planks feel like my scar is ripping apart just 1:30 mins in. I just end up in tears, I know the old saying feel the burn but and I feel like I’m causing damage to myself if I continue

Replies

• jgdsf73
    jgdsf73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've had two C Sections myself (last one 17 years ago). I can still feel a more intense burning in my incision area especially during planks. My ex told me it was normal due to scar tissue (he's a family practice physician) and I've never had any complications. I would say it's normal but definitely check with your doctor to be certain.
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections and have never had issues but I know someone who has. She wears a waist cincher and says it keeps the pressure to a minimum. Maybe that would help?
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    No C-section, but I have abdominal scarring from a couple other surgeries, including a 7 inch kidney transplant scar. It's been 18 years, and the tissue still defies planks. Maybe try working on balance, instead? You stabilize all your core muscles in balance work. I've also found that boat pose (yoga) is challenging on my abs, but easier on the nerve damage.