How many calories do you consume everyday & how much weight have you lost?

TimeToReduceFat
TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
edited August 2018 in Success Stories
In what duration? What exercise do you do?
(Just for motivation)

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    edited August 2018
    45M, 5'9, 299 pounds. Down 25 pounds in the past year (16 pounds in last 6 weeks). I set my target at 2200 calories (40F/30C/30P). I've been losing 2-3# per week. My exercise is 10-12 miles walking/week, and I do not consume any of these calories.
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    I eat between 1300-1450 calories a day, gym 5 times a week for elliptical and weights. I have lost 45 pounds in a little over 4 months.
  • protzmom
    protzmom Posts: 7 Member
    I eat 1300-1400 calories a day. I am a 47yo female. 5'9 and I have gone from 185 to 155 lbs in about three and a half months. I usually eat 3 small, healthy meals everyday (mostly chicken, green beans, egg beaters and fruit) and consume about a third of my calories on late night snacking. Total junk food - ice cream, cookies, etc. Obviously not the healthiest but I find that when I deny myself these things, I end up binge eating. I just plan my meals to allow myself those extra calories at night when my cravings hit. I never go to bed feeling unsatisfied and I continue to lose weight, so it works for me. I weigh/measure everything I eat so I can accurately log my calories. That is so important. I also eat a very low sodium diet (<1000mg/day) due to kidney issues, and I find that this definitely helps with water retention/bloating. I do 40 minutes of cardio (stepmill and treadmill) and 40 minutes of strength training 4 times a week.
    Hopefully you can figure out what works for you!
  • jsb0726
    jsb0726 Posts: 27 Member
    2000-2500 a day. I fast at least 16 hours a day. I e lost 28 pounds in the last 5-6 weeks.
  • 1TDM3
    1TDM3 Posts: 1 Member
    1530 calories a day, for aggressive effort. I've lost 15.8 pounds in 15 days. I know that is a lot very quickly. I just stay active, (not going out of the way to exercise, not yet) and monitoring my calorie intake. I started at 273, I'm 5'8 and 48 years old male. I'm doing this because I want to be able to stay adventurous and my weight was holding me back. I have a large bucket list, and unless I loose it, I won't be able to complete it. Oh, by the way, I'm also a heart patient. 12 stents, so that alone should be inspiration!
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    1300, plus eat back ~1/2 of exercise cals.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,958 Member
    From March 1 to Aug 1, I’ve:
    Burned 1656.8 Resting Calories daily avg
    Burned 601.8 Active Calories daily avg
    Total Burned: 2258.6 Calories daily avg

calories consumed: 2055 daily avg

Net deficit: 203.6 daily avg

Lost 15 lbs, 3 lbs/month on average over the 5 months.

With my deficit, I should have lost 8.8 lbs.
    (153 days x 203.6 calorie deficit / 3500 =
    8.8 lbs)

I weigh everything I eat & track all. I have eaten out 4 times in that time period & tracked as accurately as I could (and probably over.)

I use AppleWatch for workouts & calories burned.

5’8.5” Female, older

Possibilities:
    My resting metabolism is higher than Apple thinks? And/or my NEAT is?

3500 figure for calories/pound is not an exact number for all people?

I burn more calories when walking/exercising than my heart rate indicates?

Somehow I don’t absorb all the calories I eat?

• ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Never over 1400 cals , workout daily - 80 lbs 6 mo
  • laurasurga
    laurasurga Posts: 27 Member
    protzmom wrote: »
    I eat 1300-1400 calories a day. I am a 47yo female. 5'9 and I have gone from 185 to 155 lbs in about three and a half months. I usually eat 3 small, healthy meals everyday (mostly chicken, green beans, egg beaters and fruit) and consume about a third of my calories on late night snacking. Total junk food - ice cream, cookies, etc. Obviously not the healthiest but I find that when I deny myself these things, I end up binge eating. I just plan my meals to allow myself those extra calories at night when my cravings hit. I never go to bed feeling unsatisfied and I continue to lose weight, so it works for me. I weigh/measure everything I eat so I can accurately log my calories. That is so important. I also eat a very low sodium diet (<1000mg/day) due to kidney issues, and I find that this definitely helps with water retention/bloating. I do 40 minutes of cardio (stepmill and treadmill) and 40 minutes of strength training 4 times a week.
    Hopefully you can figure out what works for you!

I’m so partial to late night snacking too! Definitely works for me to allow this some days. I also have a cheat day once a week and eat what I want.

I stick to 1300cals 5-6 days with at least 3 workouts per week.
    I’ve lost 30lbs in 3 months.
  • abbyg5693
    abbyg5693 Posts: 1 Member
    lmao i dont think you want to know my calories per day
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Thank you all for the responses.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    I worked my way down to 1200 calories, stayed there for a few months and when I came close to goal weight I went up again.

Kept losing weight despite being on suggested maintenance calories.
    Currently maintaining at 2000 calories.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!