Low carb...higher fat and protein

kassandrataggart
kassandrataggart Posts: 1 Member
I believe my struggles comes from a little to much carbs and not enough protein and fats.
What are some easy meal prep receipe items that can help make this happen?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    What struggles? Because I avg 3-400g carbs a day - as long as you are hitting minimums for protein/fat you should be ok

Protein - .6-.8/goal weight in lbs (or .8-1.0 if you have a good idea of your lean body mass)

Fat - .3-.6 per goal weight/lb
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I usually have the opposite problem. Things I make that tend to be high in fat and protein and lower in carbs include Cobb salads, chef's salads, Tuna Nicoise salads, omelets and fritatas, soups and chilis (add avocado and cheese for fat), tzatzki chicken bowls (https://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-tzatziki-bowls/), beef and cabbage stir fry (https://www.budgetbytes.com/beef-cabbage-stir-fry/).
  • milowen
    milowen Posts: 40 Member
    My life is currently a lot of avocado, cheese, nuts and eggs while I avoid carbs. I'm trying out a lot of non-meat, keto recipes. Search those and you will definitely get more fat/protein into your diet.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Meal preps that I do that are highly customizable to the macros you want to hit:
    Chili
    Stirfry
    Curry
    Wraps (bread or lettuce...or both)

Pick a protein you like and design the rest around that. I've done each of the above with keto style carb intake, or the full blast do I even have anything but carbs in here levels. Totally depends on what you want.

Side note: Carbs are not the devil. Going keto or low carb can still make you gain if your caloric intake is too high.

(PERSONALLY!!!!!!!!) I find protein to be the most satiating so I focus on eating as much of that as possible, but to each their own.
  • jdxprs
    jdxprs Posts: 1 Member
    What struggles? Because I avg 3-400g carbs a day - as long as you are hitting minimums for protein/fat you should be ok

Protein - .6-.8/goal weight in lbs (or .8-1.0 if you have a good idea of your lean body mass)

Fat - .3-.6 per goal weight/lb

Depends on the person. Insulin resistance was keeping my stomach huge. Cutting carbs is the only thing that has worked.