New here!

Options
Looking to meet people that are on a KETO journey. I am planning on trying this new way of eating!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! What is it about keto (abbreviation, not an acronym) that appeals to you? The food, or the outlandish claims?
  • RebeccaRogers28411
    Options
    Well, i have tried a mostly vegan diet and still gained weight. I'm going to try and incorporate more fat in my diet. I just wonder if the claims that it can help your hormones get balanced are actually true.
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    From what ive seen discussed fats have the least impact on hormones.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well, i have tried a mostly vegan diet and still gained weight. I'm going to try and incorporate more fat in my diet.
    You lose weight in a calorie deficit. Food choices is separate from calorie intake. A vegan diet is no animal products. But you can get enough dietary fat from plants.
    I just wonder if the claims that it can help your hormones get balanced are actually true.
    I don't think diet generally has any great impact on hormones, but fat has the most. What is wrong with your hormones?
  • Juice_boi
    Juice_boi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Less calories in more calories out just watch how much and what you eat doesn’t matter what diet as long as you stick with it good luck!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    All the best @RebeccaRogers28411
  • iammoali
    iammoali Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome me too I am new here my name is Mohamoud from Somalia 🇸🇴 born and lives in Dubai UAE 🇦🇪