Wanting to get rid of my fat

Hi my name is Ashley and I was 126kg in 2015 and I'm now 93kg but I'm still not at my goal weight. Trying from today to not eat junk food and I just started walking 7.5km six to seven days a week, been doing it for about a month now and I've lost 2kg. I am sick of being over weight but I don't know much about losing weight. Its great my fitness pal. Sometimes I eat 1000 calories but sometimes its 2000 I know not good eating to much. I know I'm still big but I'm trying to get to my goal weight. pmy1o0bh5twz.jpg

Replies

• Thanks. I got a 1650 calorie goal. I usually have 1200 calories. I was 57kg in 2007 I'd love to get back to that but I was 21 then I'm 31 now. But 80 is my goal ATM. Then if I reach that I'll try for 57kg but not sure if I'll ever look that good again but I can still try
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    See the thing about weight loss it’s a journey a lifestyle not a fad @michaelandashley4infinity you can’t eat 1000 calories some day and then 2000 the next got have a meal plan and workout plan
  • It's fantastic that you want to do something about your health and your weight.

Weight loss comes down to being in a calorie deficit consistently. It doesn't mean being overly restrictive with food choices or calories, and taking things at a slower pace with a more inclusive diet may make your weight loss efforts more sustainable over a long period.

Have you entered your stats into mfp to get a calorie goal for weight loss? They give you a daily goal, but you could also look at your weekly goal to be more flexible with your eating - I like saving some calories during the week so that I can be a bit more indulgent on the weekend but stick to my goals.

Focus on your intake for weight loss - log accurately, using a food scale for as much as possible and measuring cups for the few liquids you can't weigh. Make sure the database entries you use are accurate - check against labels or with a reputable website for individual ingredients without nutrition labels.

Exercise is great for health, but not necessary for weight loss. Do you like long walks? I think walking that much every day would get tiresome. Doing something you enjoy is important though! Incorporating some sort of resistance training would also be beneficial as it will help you maintain muscle.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah just entered my stats and mfp recommended 1850 calories. I thought that would be to much food? I haven't looked at my weekly goal but I think that is a good idea, thanks.
    I really enjoy the 90 minute walk its good for my mental health and stress and good for my health too. My legs and body does ache every night but they say no pain no gain. So its all good. I'm kinda use to the pain now at first I was taking pain killers but now I don't need to. What is resistance training? Would that be on a treadmill? I've got one of those.
  • Thanks. I got a 1650 calorie goal. I usually have 1200 calories. I was 57kg in 2007 I'd love to get back to that but I was 21 then I'm 31 now. But 80 is my goal ATM. Then if I reach that I'll try for 57kg but not sure if I'll ever look that good again but I can still try

why not eat the goal MFP gives you?

I'll try that thanks. I just entered my stats into mfp and it says 1850 calories.
  • bsedzro3 wrote: »
    Try drinking 1-2 cups of water right after getting up from bed (after your morning rituals ha), and make it a habit before every meal as well. Drink 2 cups before your heavy meal of the day. And yes! don’t forget about doing some form of exercise, mainly resistance training like weightlifting (it doesn’t have to be anything heavy). Start small and slow is the motto! Plus cardio as well. I hope this helps.
    Good luck!

Thanks I'll try that because I know when I drink water I don't eat as much. I might get some small weights. How long would I do the weights on each arm? Thanks for your help.
  • bsedzro3 wrote: »
    ...and by the way, I actually just glanced at your profile photo and realized you aren’t too overweight as you think. You can easily shred those few pounds, especially since it’s mainly at abdominal section. Easily within a month or two.

Thanks because I look at myself and think I'm huge maybe because after I got off the meth I piled on the weight and I was massive at 126kg and think I haven't changed much. This is me and my son and my fiance in 2015. I'd love to get rid of my belly I am working at it on my 90 minute walk and trying to eat less. oct62xgrc7dv.jpeg
  • See the thing about weight loss it’s a journey a lifestyle not a fad @michaelandashley4infinity you can’t eat 1000 calories some day and then 2000 the next got have a meal plan and workout plan

Mfp gave me a daily calorie goal of 1850 calories. I will try to stick to that. I do have a workout plan I go on a 7.5 km walk takes me and my fiance 90 minutes and we usually do it everyday if not 5 to 6 days a week. We've been doing that for a month now almost and I've lost 2kg
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    It's fantastic that you want to do something about your health and your weight.

Weight loss comes down to being in a calorie deficit consistently. It doesn't mean being overly restrictive with food choices or calories, and taking things at a slower pace with a more inclusive diet may make your weight loss efforts more sustainable over a long period.

Have you entered your stats into mfp to get a calorie goal for weight loss? They give you a daily goal, but you could also look at your weekly goal to be more flexible with your eating - I like saving some calories during the week so that I can be a bit more indulgent on the weekend but stick to my goals.

Focus on your intake for weight loss - log accurately, using a food scale for as much as possible and measuring cups for the few liquids you can't weigh. Make sure the database entries you use are accurate - check against labels or with a reputable website for individual ingredients without nutrition labels.

Exercise is great for health, but not necessary for weight loss. Do you like long walks? I think walking that much every day would get tiresome. Doing something you enjoy is important though! Incorporating some sort of resistance training would also be beneficial as it will help you maintain muscle.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah just entered my stats and mfp recommended 1850 calories. I thought that would be to much food? I haven't looked at my weekly goal but I think that is a good idea, thanks.
    I really enjoy the 90 minute walk its good for my mental health and stress and good for my health too. My legs and body does ache every night but they say no pain no gain. So its all good. I'm kinda use to the pain now at first I was taking pain killers but now I don't need to. What is resistance training? Would that be on a treadmill? I've got one of those.

If you are aching every night, you need to let your body rest and recover. Maybe cut back your length of walk and days you do it to give your body time, and increase as you get fitter and stronger. I'd incorporate stretching.

Resistance training is training using weight (that may be body weight, or using equipment). Finding a structured, progressive program would be beneficial - there is a post in the "gaining weight/bodybuilding" section of the forum outlining different programs, including ones you can do at home. If you maintain muscle by lifting and eating enough protein, your physique will be leaner looking when you get closer to your goal.
  • It's fantastic that you want to do something about your health and your weight.

If you are aching every night, you need to let your body rest and recover. Maybe cut back your length of walk and days you do it to give your body time, and increase as you get fitter and stronger. I'd incorporate stretching.

Resistance training is training using weight (that may be body weight, or using equipment). Finding a structured, progressive program would be beneficial - there is a post in the "gaining weight/bodybuilding" section of the forum outlining different programs, including ones you can do at home. If you maintain muscle by lifting and eating enough protein, your physique will be leaner looking when you get closer to your goal.

I heard the plank is good for strengthing the core. I probably don't eat enough protein but I do try to fill half my plate up with vegies. I'll try adding more protein to my daily calorie intake for sure. Thanks for help. I am gonna have a look on payday for a set of small aerobic weights. Would that help or would I need some other weights? I'm not sure about all the gym equipment.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited August 2018
    It's fantastic that you want to do something about your health and your weight.

I heard the plank is good for strengthing the core. I probably don't eat enough protein but I do try to fill half my plate up with vegies. I'll try adding more protein to my daily calorie intake for sure. Thanks for help. I am gonna have a look on payday for a set of small aerobic weights. Would that help or would I need some other weights? I'm not sure about all the gym equipment.

Working on your whole body, especially bigger muscles would be more beneficial. This thread has lots of info on different programs, including ones for beginners.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Found out off my dietician I need to eat 1200 calories so I've been given some meal ideas for 1200 calories daily. Today was my first full day after seeing my dietician yesterday and I did pretty good I only went over 62 calories. My daily calorie intake was 1262 I will try better tomorrow. But I did go for a 20 minute push bike ride then two 10 minute walks and another push bike ride for 45 minutes and pushed the bike home 15 minutes so today I reckon I've done really good.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Found out off my dietician I need to eat 1200 calories so I've been given some meal ideas for 1200 calories daily. Today was my first full day after seeing my dietician yesterday and I did pretty good I only went over 62 calories. My daily calorie intake was 1262 I will try better tomorrow. But I did go for a 20 minute push bike ride then two 10 minute walks and another push bike ride for 45 minutes and pushed the bike home 15 minutes so today I reckon I've done really good.

How did your dietician determine you need 1200 cals? Did they explain why you should be eating that amount?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Found out off my dietician I need to eat 1200 calories so I've been given some meal ideas for 1200 calories daily. Today was my first full day after seeing my dietician yesterday and I did pretty good I only went over 62 calories. My daily calorie intake was 1262 I will try better tomorrow. But I did go for a 20 minute push bike ride then two 10 minute walks and another push bike ride for 45 minutes and pushed the bike home 15 minutes so today I reckon I've done really good.

why eat so little? that's not likely to be sustainable? you say upthread that MFP gives you 1800 cals, why not eat that amount?
  • Found out off my dietician I need to eat 1200 calories so I've been given some meal ideas for 1200 calories daily. Today was my first full day after seeing my dietician yesterday and I did pretty good I only went over 62 calories. My daily calorie intake was 1262 I will try better tomorrow. But I did go for a 20 minute push bike ride then two 10 minute walks and another push bike ride for 45 minutes and pushed the bike home 15 minutes so today I reckon I've done really good.

How did your dietician determine you need 1200 cals? Did they explain why you should be eating that amount?

She calculated it for me by using mfp calorie intake for each day which was 1850 for me and took off 650 calories to help me get the maximum benefit to help for weight loss. I'm not that big but so I'm not quite sure I agree. She did say I need to eat more vegetables and drink more water and eat more fibre because they fill you up. But my meal yesterday was 45gram of cereal and 125 ml of lite milk and half a banana and I had my afternoon coffee for breakfast, then at morning tea a 175gram yoghurt yoplait zero tub (but I was allowed a 200 gram low fat yoghurt for afternoon tea but I forgot so I had my 175gram of zero yoghurt for morning tea instead of my recommended piece of fruit) and a tea or coffee and water, I had water and coffee no sugar and abit of lite milk, then for lunch the smallest can of salmon in spring water and 1 cup of salad (tomato lettuce and cucumber) I could have no oil dressing if I wanted but I had salt and pepper on two slices of wholemeal 10 grains Helga's bread and a light spread of low fat margarine and water and a piece of fruit, I had a mandarin, then I skipped afternoon tea (I wasn't hungry) then for dinner I could have 1 cup of pasta and 1 and a half cups of vegetables and 100grams of skinless chicken breast fillet boiled all in the one pot and it cooked perfectly together, and 1/3 cup low fat custard I was allowed with diet jelly but I had no diet jelly so I had 1/2 cup low fat custard and water, then supper I was allowed to have 250 ml of lite milk but my calories for the day came to 1263 calories I think so I skipped supper.

why eat so little? that's not likely to be sustainable? you say upthread that MFP gives you 1800 cals, why not eat that amount?

Im not sure what to do each person says do different things, I'm actually not sure because the dietician said eat 1200 calories a day and eat more vegies and drink more water and mfp says eat 1850 calories and my get healthy coach says I'm doing excellent for my fitness and I don't need to count calories but stop eating when I'm satisfied and eat half a plate of vegies 1/4 plate of protein and a 1/4 plate of carbohydrates and drink water if I think I'm hungry and if I'm still hungry in half an hour to have something to eat but don't eat if I'm not hungry and do 30 minutes of exercise a day to get my heart rate going and the weight loss management said I'm doing really good with the exercise I'm doing and I should only be aiming to lose 1/2 a kilogram a week so its gonna be more beneficial and stay off longer and its a healthy way to only lose around half a kg a week. So I don't know what to do