245k vs 5.3k

Anyone else find it striking that the "general weight loss" board has over 245 thousand messages and here at maintenance there are just over 5 thousand?

I guess it's testament to the high regain rate among losers, but I really wish there was a more active community of folks here sharing maintenance tips and support!

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    There also seem to be a lot of posts in the general boards by many different people- once or twice. Here, we don’t get as much panicked questions about eating too much for dinner last night, etc. Every day in the motivation folder I see quite a few of those.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I love this forum and love seeing familiar names year after year. And the advice from this group is solid and rooted in experience.

Y’all are way better than the yahoo ACV-keto-IF’r who’s on day 3.

Well.... i hit one year maintenance tomorrow. This forum has definitely helped a lot. I like to hear people's stories and idea's. They give me some hope. The relapse rate is very high. To see this many people make it is awesome. Allows me to also see that many still struggle and I am not alone.

Congrats on your year of maintenance! Here's to many many more!
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I love this forum and love seeing familiar names year after year. And the advice from this group is solid and rooted in experience.

Y’all are way better than the yahoo ACV-keto-IF’r who’s on day 3.

Completely agree! It's a haven of sanity for me :smile:
  • Live_life_well
    Live_life_well Posts: 86 Member
    Most of us reach maintenance, stop tracking, and then panick and rejoin once we have gained back a bunch. Then back to losing weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Dieting is exciting, you feel like you're doing something, are part of something, a greater cause. Maintenance is doing the same things, but staying the same weight, without getting admiring or envious looks and comments;".

So well put! :smile:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Probably because there isn't much to talk about
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    By the time you get to Maintenance , you know what you're doing and don't have to ask the same question every day. Hence, fewer posts!