What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I bought myself a Cuisinart indoor grill a year ago. It lets you pick your category (chicken, pork, meat, fish) and it alerts you to the doneness. I use it almost every day. It was a bit pricey, but when I break down the cost per use, it was really cheap. And the non-stick panels go into the dishwasher. It beats getting the grill up all the time.

THIS is exactly what I love. It is all the sweeter for me personally, if it sits under-budget - the total cost vs the recipe vs plate serving.

Thank you ever so much elsie.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Much like @elsie6hickman, K-kins, you know how quickly we'd thrown dinner together... It was super duper easy. Cast iron stove top everything inspired by @jasondjulian . Turkey burgers (store bought patties) with mozzarella + seasoning, pan fried swede ( starting to taste like Spud, I promise). Spicy salmon. Everything was ready to eat in 20mins. Cross between store bought and garden salad ingredients a la salad bar prep. Voila!! Dinner!!

x29hxw.jpg

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

@acpgee Forgive me this infringement, but would you please share your lean meat of choice for your Sunday dinner?

I made chicken larb, using breasts. My recipe from David Thompson's "thai food" recommends hand mincing the chicken instead of using the food processor. That was the only bit that required any work.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    I made larb gai using chicken breasts.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »
    @jasondjulian The cast iron just makes food taste more delectable than imagined possible I find. I miss cast iron outdoor cooking. Especially like your dinner portion@700 calories.

Am confident that a good majority of us don't at all mind your stove top, genuinely appreciative. The kitchen is the heart of all homes; A show of love, that (big smile).

Thanks! And yes, cast iron is the best. Those two pans in my picture are about 100 years old... they're so non-stick they make teflon look like fly paper.

Hey, at least with a messy stove you know that I'm cooking at home and not eating out too much! lol.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    @k8eekins it wasn't a sheet pan dinner. I roasted the pork and steamed the veggies. veggies were frozen

last night's dinner was pulled bbq pork sandwiches with sweet carrot puree. My kids LOVED it
  • k8eekins
    edited August 2018
    I made chicken larb, using breasts. My recipe from David Thompson's "thai food" recommends hand mincing the chicken instead of using the food processor. That was the only bit that required any work.
    I made larb gai using chicken breasts.

@acpgee Much appreciation and respect for your quality sharings throughout the board, which I've always enjoyed over the years. Larb gai thanks to you is a dish I'm going to try - (SE Asian meat tartare), for I do enjoy ceviche and other meat tartare variations, when I'm inclined.
  • k8eekins
    edited August 2018
    Thanks! And yes, cast iron is the best. Those two pans in my picture are about 100 years old... they're so non-stick they make teflon look like fly paper.

Hey, at least with a messy stove you know that I'm cooking at home and not eating out too much! lol.

@jasondjulian How I envy you, for having use of your heirloom cast iron pans. That ("cooking at home and not eating out too much") I can't argue, for it saves us all so much money. For me personally, having been in the city of SD during that virus and what not outbreak, it seriously jolted me to recognise the need for home prepped/cooked over the alternative, sadly. Self-preservation wins. I still support the surrounding small business eateries (owned by law enforcement/military personnel, some of whom are retirees) which serves as their alternative income streams in the General SD Area, just not as much as I did before December 2017.
  • k8eekins
    edited August 2018
    @k8eekins it wasn't a sheet pan dinner. I roasted the pork and steamed the veggies. veggies were frozen

last night's dinner was pulled bbq pork sandwiches with sweet carrot puree. My kids LOVED it

A family roast with steamed vegetables, especially when still frozen at starting time eases the mind, with how they complement each other effortlessly well, thankfully. I've an affinity for sheet pan quick and easy meals.

@amgreenwell Such a treat of a dinner spread for your precious gems. What I've appreciated and grown to respect over the years, is child nutrition beginning with learnt-behaviour, from the family kitchen to the family table, having privied how parents like you, commit to prioritising quality nourishment for your blessings ... The nurturance of healthy happy and impressionable growing children.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits
  • 777Gemma888
    edited August 2018
    Poulet au vinaigre balsamique gone Keto for dinner. Used boneless/skinless. Browned it in the oven instead of a sturdy pot. Less time consuming, easing the arm grease necessary for the drippings and marrying the meat with the bouquet garni & mirepoix. Swede mash with a combination of cheeses including sharp cheddar ( loving the tang bite), sour cream & crunchy bacon bits. Salad ... EVERYTHING but for the devilled eggs we had forgotten to make. 😆🤣😆

fbht14.png
    skuzp5.png
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Last night was grilled sirloin steak with roasted red potatoes and romaine salad with cherry tomatoes and a little grated parmesan.
  • 777Gemma888
    Keto dough with onions, tonnes of olives, peppers, zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, sweet and spicy Italian sausage and mozzarella above the sauce and veggies.

aoopkm.jpg
  • charlotteliddell00
    charlotteliddell00 Posts: 34 Member
    djcgni2ssq63.jpg

Lunch today, sounds so wrong but tastes so right
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    spaghettini with zucchini, broccoli, garlic and fried egg.
  • cultonmike
    cultonmike Posts: 18 Member
    Technically my last meal was a bowl of cheerios lol dinner for the last few nights though have been avacodo lime tacos made with flanks steak,Pico de gallo, avacodo-cilantro-lime dressing, corn tortillas, and fresh grilled jalapeños to top. So yummy and filling.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited August 2018
    Dinner was BBQ chicken wings, skillet grilled swede with onions, garlic and seasoning. Salad. All these were later juiced ( for pulp and juice)@ chunkier ingredients. The chicken and swede were turned into a thickish puree of baby food with some of the pulp added. Loathed using up so many dishes to eat from, however on separate purees ramekin servings work, so as to NOT lose flavour integrity. Mandatory soft foods diet, I am however refusing to succumb to what isn't my normal. Chicken breast or thighs would have been far easier to work with tbh.

2sb32bs.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I grilled burgers last night...
  • 777Gemma888
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I grilled burgers last night...

Yum.😋 So envious of you.