Weekly Post 06/08/18 - 12/8/18

Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,955 Member
Good morning everybody!

Happy Monday and hope you all had a great weekend.

I am well. Had a busy but relaxing weekend. Still doing my 1200 calories a day for now on Mondays and Thursdays, when I would do my Light Days in the past. Still looking to mix it up and get the scale moving a little more consistently. Planning on sticking to 1200-1500 the other days and will hit the gym after work each day. Those are my goals for the week!

If you are fasting today, then I hope you have a great day! I am cheering you on. If you are new or just starting out, drop us a line and let us know if you have any questions or things you need help with. We are here.

Have a great day and see you soon! :smiley:

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Morning Meghan... glad you enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend!

It’s a provincial holiday here today.... was about to hop in the car to head home o my walking path along the beach but there’s a parade in the way :o I may go later before dinner. I’m not fasting today as today is Monday and since I watch that silly show on tv Monday’s with a little wine and chocolate... well, needless to say I have no willpower on a Monday. Yesterday’s dinner was good. I’ve been hooked on buying deboned skinless chicken thighs, marinating them then grilling!! I’ve made homemade pesto and drizzled that over top to serve! Absolutely yum! Served with a caeser salad and a little chickpea/lentil & diced veg salad too... pretty tasty! Not sure of calorie standpoint but healthy & filling.

I’ve got gardening to get to today and weather is to be hot hot hot this week!

Hope all is well with everyone!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Too funny @mamainthekitchen I love those boneless skinless chicken thighs too! I like to put them in slow cooker recipes. Good stuff!

A simple yummy recipe with them for your slow cooker is: one bottle of beer (any style), garlic powder, oregano, couple of pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs. Throw everything in the slow cooker. Cook on low for six hours or on high for four. I cook everything slow and low. Then you can serve with some brown or cauliflower rice or a green veggie / salad if you want to keep the carbs in check. It makes a nice "sauce" that goes well with rice.

My regular 1200 day went well yesterday. Today I will probably end up at around 1400 or so which is cool. Bought some of those popcorn bags that are 100 calories each called "Skinny Pop" to have as a snack. :)

Speak to you all soon. Have a GREAT day!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,517 Member
    Morning! This week is already hustling right along! I had a dinner thing to go to last night, so no fasting. And today I am starving! Not sure if it will pass or not. Going to hold off for as long as I can. I might get two semi-fasts in tomorrow and the next day because of inservices. :)

@mamainthekitchen Sorry you got roped in. Happens to us every year for the local Fall Festival. :/ I haven't tried the boneless chicken thighs. I have used them with the bone in for chicken soup. Might have to grab a package at the store. I love using a teriyaki/lime marinade for grilled chicken. Darn it! Now I have to go make some! LOL

@Meghan509 Your recipe sounds really good, too! I love the Smart Pop single bags! They are just enough flavor to tide me over if I get hangry.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,517 Member
    Dang it! Hit post too soon! LOL
    Have a great day! To all who lurk: HI! :)
  • Meghan509
    edited August 2018
    Hi all!

Hope you are having a good week. Been a little hungry the last day or so. I think it's TOM coming soon. Good times, good times!

@KateNkognito good luck with your fasting. I hear you about hungry. UGH. Yes, the Skinny Pop was so good! Packed another one for today! Pretty decent amount in the bag, for 100 calories if I might say!

Cool, glad you liked the recipe! Below is a link to the exact one I have made. Yummy... Maybe I will make it again soon. It sounds so good! I forgot about adding some salt and pepper, but I guess that is pretty straight forward to add anyway! This one also calls for chicken breasts instead of thighs. I have made it with both and it comes out tasty and not dry if you use chicken breasts. Dark or light beers don't matter. Have made it with anything we have on hand... :)

I am doing well. Two good days at the gym on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday is here so maybe I will do the bike tonight to mix things up. We shall see.

Have a great day all and chat soon.

https://laaloosh.com/2012/07/09/crock-pot-beer-chicken-recipe/?utm_source=essb&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=%7Bnetwork%7D
  • Meghan509
    Good morning.

Hope everybody is having a good week... I will check back later to see if you guys have popped in.

Have a great day. :)
  • Meghan509
    It feels like a scene from Ferris Bueller here lately. LOL

oncr6n3c6412.jpg

Hope your week is going well. See you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Ohh! Hahaha ya no kidding Meghan! So funny. Thanks for your recipe on the beer chicken!!!! Who would have thought! But there is that old recipe about beer can chicken were you stuff the whole can in the chicken... weird, but maybe the flavor is similar... I would much rather try yours!

Kate! Teriyaki lime is right up my alley!! Sounds sooo good! Hope you’re well and are finally enjoying a summer break!!

I’ve failed miserably lately. I’ll use my son as the excuse. Trying to find diabetic friendly meals for him (he’s also getting tested for crohns) so very little carbs for him. Although trying to beef him up a bit!! And the daughter is lactose intolerant, doesn’t like meat and prefers to be gluten free! Plus the husband doesn’t like chicken anymore....hence the chicken thigh experiment!! Whew! I’m tired of being in the kitchen and I’m ‘mamainthekitchen’!!!!! Omg! Well, enough making excuses because that isn’t shrinking my waistline!! I’ve had a big fat juicy peach this morning which was so yummy!! Now sipping on green tea looking up almond flour blueberry muffins....? Gotta love Pinterest! I’ll try harder to have a successful fast day today!!! I’ll check in later to announce whether I was indeed successful or if I caved! Crossed fingers!!

Hello to all!! Helllllllo! ;-)

• mamainthekitchen
    Very good day food wise but indulged in 2 glasses on Pinot!!! There goes the fasting benefits but I made cauliflower rice and it was a great change from having a starch. Without the wine it would have been a success... but sitting on my deck with a warm breeze with lots of ice in my glass was heaven!

Cheers to the weekend people!
  • Meghan509
    Hey Mama!
    LOL I know this is a slow time of year for the board.
    Yes, I know that chicken beer recipe you are talking about! Have not made it, but looks good!
    Sending hugs regarding your son and his health issues. Definitely not easy. <3
    Speak to you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Morning!
    Today is a whole lot cooler and already people are complaining!! Hit the grocery store earlier and pick up some alternative flours... gonna try baking today for low carb treats. Actually made a vegan, low carb no sugar brownie last night and am most likely going to throw it out! The son is eating jello!! There’s a ton of recipes on line and I just picked one.... the wrong one apparently!!! Trial & error! Also going to look for a new salad from 5:2 recipes as I don’t want to get tired of the lentil & diced veggie one I’ve been serving every other day!!!

Have a great Saturday Meg! (And all you other people out there)