Tummy surgery after 180 pound weight loss [warning - some graphic pics]

Replies

• Icy_Fox
    Icy_Fox Posts: 90 Member
    Looks great! How visible will the scar be once it fully heals?
  • Icy_Fox
    Icy_Fox Posts: 90 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Icy_Fox wrote: »
    Looks great! How visible will the scar be once it fully heals?

@Icy_Fox

The scar runs below my pubic hair line, so in normal clothes it will not be visible. Even in "low rise" or "hipster" style trousers and underwear, the scar will be under the clothes.

Then it sounds perfect, I wish you a fast recovery!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Update: Day 5 recovery. Anesthesia pump removed and completely off of painkillers. (Ouchie, but not unbearable). For the first time in nearly 20 years I sat up and my stomach did not cover my groin and half my thighs. Still bloated, in some pain (more soreness than actual pain).

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

I didn’t have a full abdonimalplasty like you I had a mini one! 07rk19bx30k4.jpeg

@rickiimarieee May I ask how long ago you had your surgery? Flattened belly good!!!

Had mine in November of last year this picture was taken maybe about 3 months post op!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    Bookmarking! Great job, everyone!
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    I am beyond impressed! First that you lost 180 pounds, and second that you braved the surgery. Your tummy looks fantastic now -- who knew they could make such a fine looking belly button?!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    You look fabulous. When all is said and done, you are going to have a killer body!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Thanks for sharing this. I know I will need an arm lift and tummy tuck when I reach goal. I have a double flap for a stomach. The top flap is skin folded over a double hernia repair scar and I have a lower abdominal flap too. I'm starting to see tricep development but skin folds hang over my elbow when my arms are by my sides.

My biggest issues are scarring because I tend to keloid and get dark scars, and pain.

But seeing how well you're healing and how you're taking shape makes it worth it. Wishing you a smooth recovery.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Congratulations on your loss and successful surgery. I hope your recovery continues to go so well.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Day 10 recovery.

Some of the scabbing is starting to shed. 95% of the soreness is gone. Went for a slow walk today, it felt good to get back to being my normal active self. Even if my activities are still very limited. My "workouts" are limited to slow walks, seated upper body workouts and calf raises: not too much but it's progress from activities being sleep and lying down. I'll be getting my drain removed soon, can't wait for that!

zy931p718a28.jpg

Is there much coming out of the drain at this point?

Thank you for continuing to update and share.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Day 10 recovery.

Some of the scabbing is starting to shed. 95% of the soreness is gone. Went for a slow walk today, it felt good to get back to being my normal active self. Even if my activities are still very limited. My "workouts" are limited to slow walks, seated upper body workouts and calf raises: not too much but it's progress from activities being sleep and lying down. I'll be getting my drain removed soon, can't wait for that!

zy931p718a28.jpg

I'm draining between 30 and 40ml/day. So it's getting close to being done and due to be removed soon.

You're welcome. Next update will be my 2 week update, then weekly updates after that.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited August 2018
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Day 10 recovery.

zy931p718a28.jpg

I'm draining between 30 and 40ml/day. So it's getting close to being done and due to be removed soon.

You're welcome. Next update will be my 2 week update, then weekly updates after that.

Awesome! I suspect this may be in my future too. Even if it weren't it's fascinating to follow.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    I wish I could afford that! I've lost 185 and am 19 pounds from goal. Looking good!