What is wrong with me!!!!!!

I have tried and tried and don’t know what to do. I feel like I look like someone off my 600 lbs life. Today I got back from a trip to Washington and I couldn’t hike mount rainier with my husband who was bigger than me 😭 I was sick and out of breath before we even got to the second area. Two pregnant women made it and I didn’t.
When I got home I stood on the scale and it said 204.4! I want to cry. I don’t feel pretty and question daily why my husband is with me.
Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Been there but bigger than that. Hugs Hun...It will get better. Just take it one day at a time. xo
  • laurasurga
    laurasurga Posts: 27 Member
    It changed s*** to kitten 😂 🐱
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    It’s hard in the beginning, but you can do it! Give it time and be kind in the way you speak to yourself. Picture yourself down the track, going back on that hike and nailing it! It would be a fine goal.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Nothing is wrong with you. You're upset, and you have been eating more than you need for some time.

I have tried and tried and don’t know what to do. What do you mean by this? Tried to do what? To lose weight, you have to eat less. That is something you do, not try. MFP has given you a calorie target to hit, that makes you lose weight while still being healthy. You decide what to eat and whether to stick to that amount of calories.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    be kind, take your time, decide what you want and take it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    I felt that way too, have several times in my life. I have successfully last 20-25 lbs twice before and gained it all back plus some.
    I started tracking my food on February 1st this year but didn’t buy a scale until the 20th. I was shocked to learn I weighed 202! Nothing fit, I was tired all the time, didn’t do anything, just wasn’t happy.
    I am currently at 184. Its been slow, I haven’t been exercising like a mad woman like I did the last two times. I feel one if the reasons I quit before was my all or nothing attitude, it was too hard living up to my own expectations. That and depression kicked my butt.
    This time I am hoping being more realistic and taking it slower will make more sustainable changes, I’ve also found reading the message boards and blogs have helped me see I’m not alone!
    Good luck to you, you can do it!
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    I know for me weight loss was always so daunting because of my all or nothing thinking. Having a more moderate approach to weight loss has been a huge help and the dread I used to feel about eating less and working out more is gone. If you can do one thing I would suggest that you really really try to take a moderate approach to weight loss. For me personally I know this will be key to long-term success.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Focus on you and your goals and do not focus on and what he is or is not doing!
    Your challenge is to make you #1!
  • I started at 220. I'm 5'5. Also married. Add me to support.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    I was so mad at myself when I realized how big I was. 220 at 5'8".

I lost that weight, I've been at 140ish for eleven years now.

You can do it too.

Log your food. Every. Day. No matter what.

Study that FOOD page like it's your Bible.

Learn.

Sometimes it's two steps forward one step back but if you stick with this over time you will lose. It took me about eight months for the first 70 pounds. You can do it.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    steph0780 wrote: »
    I have tried and tried and don’t know what to do. I feel like I look like someone off my 600 lbs life. Today I got back from a trip to Washington and I couldn’t hike mount rainier with my husband who was bigger than me 😭 I was sick and out of breath before we even got to the second area. Two pregnant women made it and I didn’t.
    When I got home I stood on the scale and it said 204.4! I want to cry. I don’t feel pretty and question daily why my husband is with me.
    Anyone else feel this way?

This health/fitness related stuff was the reason I finally had a try turn into a success.

I turned to self-love. My body deserved better than I was giving it. Here it was carrying me through my life and I was not giving it what it needed. I began to parent myself like I do with my kids - gave myself adequate sleep, exercise, and healthful food. Things improved, one little step at a time. Once I started to love my body and fuel it properly, I really started to make progress. For me it wasn't all about my weight or size, it was about the physical ability to do things like that hike you mentioned and a feeling of vitality that I was sorely missing.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    It will get better. Just take it one day at a time. Weight loss does not have to be an all or nothing thing, or some crazy restrictive diet. instead of thinking of it as a "diet" in order to lose weight, just make small lifestyle changes that you can maintain for life. One change at a time. Maybe you start by incorporating more veggies into your meals, they help fill you up without a lot of calories. Maybe you start going on a walk around the block after dinner every night. Think of small things that you can do to improve your health, and build on that slowly. Good luck. Your husband loves you, otherwise he wouldn't be your husband.

like the previous poster said, I also shifted my mindset to self-love. It's not all about what I look like. It's about treating my body with love. I give it food that fuels it properly, I give it exercise. I want to live a long healthy life, and I want to be able to get around with ease in my old age. So I eat healthfully most of the time and I exercise.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    steph0780 wrote: »
    I have tried and tried and don’t know what to do.

You did know what to do!! .... you STARTED!! That's all it is; each day you Start Over. Don't let one meal, or one day, or one event derail your journey. Know that each day is an opportunity to START OVER.

1. Log everything that passes over your lips, including gum, cough drops, food, drink, etc
    2. Drink your water, it helps keep fatigue and hunger under control, and it's needed for hydration.
    3. Exercise

Ahhh, exercise; my major bug-a-boo. But I am taking baby steps to begin. I'm doing the YouTube videos of Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home. I'm on the very beginner vid and am struggling to make it a full 10 minutes. At 70 years old, it's a struggle but I want to stay healthy. I feel losing weight and exercising are key.

Always looking for new supportive friends. Feel free to add me. My diary is open. :smiley: