Monthly Strength Training Check In (with pictures), Join Me

Replies

• andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    I had some problems uploading the joint picture so here they are seperate instead. My bulk is now finnished and im in maintenance/slow weightloss.
    48kdnclmkaw7.jpg
    xlssb8mzcx29.jpg
    3g7ougnzsia2.jpg
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Looking good
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Your arms are starting to look more defined. Like a woodchopper's arms
  • Styggian
    @kpsyche Thanks, am sure after my 'iron' intake tomorrow, next months progress will be a lot more prominent ;-)
  • kpsyche
    Styggian wrote: »
    @kpsyche Thanks, am sure after my 'iron' intake tomorrow, next months progress will be a lot more prominent ;-)

Have fun taking your iron supplement :P
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Okay, I'm going to humiliate myself. I wasn't going to do it, but I'm going to post pictures. First, let me say that I'm 185 pounds down and battling stage 3 liver failure. I had excess skin just from the weight loss. But the liver failure causes major asceites and edema build up around the gut and below. I once gained and lost 48 pounds (triplets) in one and a half weeks due to the fluid build up! I've been in a compensated stage for about a month now and started with just exercising, period. Daily stretching, some band resistance training and walking. I've now added water aerobics 3 - 4 x weekly, swimming and dancing 1 - 3 times weekly. I'm not quite ready for weight lifting yet. I'm already seeing a difference in my abdomen and thighs. You won't see it, but I'm going to try and remember to come back monthly and post and maybe you will. Here goes nothing. Currently 155 pounds. Need to lose 20 to be where I'm happy with the scale. I HAVE to lose 7 more just to move from "overweight" to "normal" on the BMI scale.

2li96nw7yua8.jpg
    xg2zvgj9fndf.jpg
    9gfleudp0gk7.jpg
  • darla499
    Oh wow! Those came out really nasty looking! They're very clear on my phone?
  • Styggian
    edited August 2018
    Wow great, thought I had been 'through the wars' but you are a real fighter. Am impressed that you have not given up. When I became ill must admit for a few years I kind of gave up on looking after myself. Not sure how to correct the quality of the photos, but no real need. I have re-sized and collated them so it will be easier for you to compare against the nest photo, keep fighting :)
    srbjcuu1gosf.png

• darla499
    Thank you!
  • kpsyche
    In previous before/afters the change was a lot more subtle than it seems to be in these shots. Maybe the short period of increased calories did some good
  • Styggian
    @kpsyche Could be, once my weight settles at 65Kg will increase my calories intake and test, will also test increasing different nutrient macros. Think I have to grit my teeth & do some work with the weights :)
  • Styggian
    Month 11 check in, improved strength and stamina

This mornings unofficial weigh in was 65Kg which is my target WT.

Got some good cycling times, and good results on my strength test. But been lazy to start resistance training with weights.

Also I read the article below:

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-meal-timing-tips-for-max-weight-loss-results/

Decided to adjust my diet slightly, by ensuring I have 45 grams protein at breakfast and eat high-fiber, high protein (45 grams) dinner for better sleep.
    See what happens to my energy levels and muscle growth.

This is my first attempt at being more scientific in my food intake and training. Need to sort out a activity / rest plan

Been busy in daily life, so lost a bit of control over my maintenance routine.

Today is my 'feast' day, as of writing this post, I have had breakfast and for the first time in months I put peanut butter in my oats.

If you are trying to cut weight don't read beyond the breakfast entries in my food diary, it will be evil and just by reading it you will gain weight ;-)

So for the Photos comparison. The photos were taken after this mornings bike ride and before breakfast.

As ever, I declare in the 2018 photos, I am flexing, sucking my stomach in but no Photo enhancements used.
    y7hk7q4luov1.png
  • Styggian
    Month 12 check in, One Year On Maintenance, Stronger, Bolder and Heavier

My official weight on Thursday was was 66Kg, however this morning's WT (Sunday 4th Nov) was 67 and a bit Kg, the extra Kilos seemed to have rested in my stomach area.

Looking at this months check in photos, a more apt title would have been "Stronger, Balder and Flabbier"

Since I don't have a good excuse for the extra WT, I won't bore you by writing about my new social life. Just to say I have made a 'cut off' date, of December 4th (2018). Then will be back on a more controlled diet.

This Month's Good Points:

- Strength has been improving, despite my random strength training program.

- Cycling has been a joy, by far my favourite activity, (wood chopping a close second).

- Finally started the C25k program. Am actually enjoying it, and found that I can run in the rain, something I don't like when cycling.

- Hopefully I will get enough stamina to run for 30 mins, this will then be my winter exercise, when I can't use the cycle.

This Month's Bad Points:

- Failed to get strength training into my weekly routine, used to chop logs at the Green Space but the axe became un-usable, so the substitute for weights was gone.

- New social situations, mean am exposed to 'nice food' and my 'resistance' has been low.

For the next 12 months, going to make a more scientific effort on my training programme with 'enforced. rest days.

Hope to achieve my long term goal of joining the local indoor climbing wall.

A new goal has manifested, to be able to run 5k and eventually do a 5k race, will practice by doing 5k organised park runs first, hoping to be ready by the summer months

So for the Photos comparison. The photos were taken on Sunday the 4th. Just been too busy to upload

As ever, I declare in the 2018 photos, I am super flexing and sucking all my stomachs in but no Photo enhancements used.
    7rbokepwr521.png
  • andreascjonsson
    Im joining back in. Missed a couple of weeks and havent progressed as well as when i posted here every month :p
  • andreascjonsson
    kpq27zby098h.jpg
    2kcpjopwe3lb.jpg
    9wfn5fuq7uzm.jpg
    70scc565a485.jpg
    Styggian wrote: »
    Month 12 check in, One Year On Maintenance, Stronger, Bolder and Heavier

My official weight on Thursday was was 66Kg, however this morning's WT (Sunday 4th Nov) was 67 and a bit Kg, the extra Kilos seemed to have rested in my stomach area.

Looking at this months check in photos, a more apt title would have been "Stronger, Balder and Flabbier"

Since I don't have a good excuse for the extra WT, I won't bore you by writing about my new social life. Just to say I have made a 'cut off' date, of December 4th (2018). Then will be back on a more controlled diet.

This Month's Good Points:

- Strength has been improving, despite my random strength training program.

- Cycling has been a joy, by far my favourite activity, (wood chopping a close second).

- Finally started the C25k program. Am actually enjoying it, and found that I can run in the rain, something I don't like when cycling.

- Hopefully I will get enough stamina to run for 30 mins, this will then be my winter exercise, when I can't use the cycle.

This Month's Bad Points:

- Failed to get strength training into my weekly routine, used to chop logs at the Green Space but the axe became un-usable, so the substitute for weights was gone.

- New social situations, mean am exposed to 'nice food' and my 'resistance' has been low.

For the next 12 months, going to make a more scientific effort on my training programme with 'enforced. rest days.

Hope to achieve my long term goal of joining the local indoor climbing wall.

A new goal has manifested, to be able to run 5k and eventually do a 5k race, will practice by doing 5k organised park runs first, hoping to be ready by the summer months

So for the Photos comparison. The photos were taken on Sunday the 4th. Just been too busy to upload

As ever, I declare in the 2018 photos, I am super flexing and sucking all my stomachs in but no Photo enhancements used.
    7rbokepwr521.png

Looking real good btw, im looking forward to see how the C25k will go!
  • Styggian
    Thanks wb :) I want to be able to run for 30 mins another method of training :)
  • Styggian
    edited December 2018
    Month 13 check in, C25k Progressing well, New job

Done the comparison photos a bit early, my usual routine has been disrupted by my new job, so thought best get photos up else might not happen.

A good month for cardio work, progressed to week 7 of C25k I have now run 25 minutes for two session. 30 minutes looks very achievable.

Cycling 8 miles to and from the new job.

Have lapsed on my strength training, it's something I will have to sort out when I have more energy.

At the moment am trying to recover from my new routine. I now believe in rest days :)

As ever, I declare in the 2018 photos, I am flexing (too tired to 'super flex') :smiley: and sucking all my stomachs in but no Photo enhancements used.
    vqn7jqya99d0.png
  • Styggian
    ===================== 2019 =====================

Month 1: Routine disruption

The Christmas celebrations and a impending operation has disrupted my routine, hence the lateness of these 'check in' photos.

Last year one of my proudest fitness achievements was completing the C25k running program.

This year my priorities have changed, I am due to go into hospital for a hernia operation next week. The operation has a 8 week healing period.

During this time I will study for my Maths & English exams.

Once am fully fit, my fitness goals are:

- Running; enter a organised parkrun on a weekly basis, with the aim to enter a 5k race

- Cycling; cycle 60 miles in 1 session

- Develop a basic strength routine

- Get to the local indoor climbing wall

I will use this photo as my 'base' WT, so after the operation I will get back to 65Kg and then continue to find a best 'strength to WT ratio'.

Another aim is to streamline my food preparation, which seems to be taking way too long.

Now for the photos, as ever no photo enhancements have been used, admittedly I chose the most flattering from the batch available ;-)
    yrhr6bw8tuls.png