WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    HI Sisters,

Kidd Kirby-that look! HAHA. That's how my cats look when they sit on the edge of the bath and wonder whether I need rescuing or not. She looks like she's enjoying it, but how can she? It's wet, eeeyooouk!

Allie, we're with you. I hope it all works out well and I also think the stress is not worth it. I have given up money and things just so I am not in a huge fight over it. I don't want stuff like that to steal my joy, energy and health. We got nothing when my hubby's father passed. My conniving SIL got the lot of antiques etc, but I don't care. I have so much more-my horses, for one thing!

Photos and postcards...I collect postcards of art as I can't afford the real thing but I am a lover of beautiful things, so any museum, art gallery or gift store I'm in, I will bring back a postcard to remember the amazing art...I have so many. But I find that you stop looking at, or noticing something if it hangs in one place for too long. That's why I stick magnetic strip onto the back of my cards and I put three or four on the front of my fridge...and when I stop noticing them, I take them down and put different ones up. ALways changing them around for fresh inspiration and memories. Right now, I have apostcard from the National Museum of Hawaii, as well as some from a cool artist who lives in the South Island of NZ. I'll show you:s51zfjnx8lxg.jpg

<3 Wendy

I notice that too Wendy about not noticing. I was thinking the other day I need to update my wall decorations and photos. I like the idea of buying the postcards instead of the art, I never would have thought of that.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Tracey, I hate it too, so I changed from Google to Duck Duck Go. It is a search engine that doesn't track you and sell you out to advertisers. You can put it onto your computer for free and use it instead of Google.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Tracey, I hate it too, so I changed from Google to Duck Duck Go. It is a search engine that doesn't track you and sell you out to advertisers. You can put it onto your computer for free and use it instead of Google.

I may do that at home, I can't install anything on my work computer. Thanks for the heads up on that!
    Tracey
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Evening ladies
    Katla- it won't be that kind of house,it's one of the as is houses needs a boatload of work ...I have an appointment with attorney next week to do a funded trust,so my kids won't have to go through the crap my brother and I are.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Wendy ~You are one talented lady! :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.13min, 12.2amph, 149mhr, 1.4mi= 89c
    apple watch- 68c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 45min, 132ahr, 143mhr, 169floors, lvl7, 2724steps= 372c
    apple watch- 412c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.12min, 16.8amph, 120mhr, 1.4mi= 55c
    apple watch- 42c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 14.03min, 12.9amph, 125ahr, 154mhr, 3mi= 149c
    apple watch- 118c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.10min, 9.35min mi, 136ahr, 154mhr, .5mi= 77c
    apple watch- 62c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.28min, 9.46min mi, 112ahr, 146mhr, .4mi= 58c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.42min, 8.4amph, 148mhr, 126ahr, 2.6mi= 191c
    apple watch- 145c

total cal 991
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2018
    Another great day! One day at a time! I was going to make biscuits but I was short on Bisquick mix, then looking up my favorite recipe, I would I was without shortening! Aack! Thank goodness my husband is not picky, and toast does fine! I made awesome sausage gravy.

I made more spicy soup with pinto beans with wild rice. I have already logged tomorrows food log,👍. No calculating tomorrow, just eat what I have organized.
    rsih63scjas5.png
    t6aid3iesvmb.png
    66js6lcwl06v.png
    8d8gopf16ddh.png
    Sorry about tooting my own horn, but I'm just excited! I know I need to cut down on my sugar, but have have to buy more Trivia sweetener, but not until next week.
    Rebecca
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) another day just like the others---a bit of dog walking, a bit of weed pulling, lots of napping, reading, knitting, and TV watching.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,796 Member
    Photos and postcards...I collect postcards of art as I can't afford the real thing but I am a lover of beautiful things, so any museum, art gallery or gift store I'm in, I will bring back a postcard to remember the amazing art...I have so many. But I find that you stop looking at, or noticing something if it hangs in one place for too long. That's why I stick magnetic strip onto the back of my cards and I put three or four on the front of my fridge...and when I stop noticing them, I take them down and put different ones up. ALways changing them around for fresh inspiration and memories. Right now, I have apostcard from the National Museum of Hawaii, as well as some from a cool artist who lives in the South Island of NZ. I'll show you:s51zfjnx8lxg.jpg[/b]

<3 Wendy

I may end up doing this.

I have a collection of fridge magnets, but I'm thinking I could put them on a relatively small magnetic board which I could lean somewhere, and that might free the fridge up for bicycle greeting cards.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,796 Member
    HI Sisters,

Kidd Kirby-that look! HAHA. That's how my cats look when they sit on the edge of the bath and wonder whether I need rescuing or not. She looks like she's enjoying it, but how can she? It's wet, eeeyooouk!

Allie, we're with you. I hope it all works out well and I also think the stress is not worth it. I have given up money and things just so I am not in a huge fight over it. I don't want stuff like that to steal my joy, energy and health. We got nothing when my hubby's father passed. My conniving SIL got the lot of antiques etc, but I don't care. I have so much more-my horses, for one thing!

Photos and postcards...I collect postcards of art as I can't afford the real thing but I am a lover of beautiful things, so any museum, art gallery or gift store I'm in, I will bring back a postcard to remember the amazing art...I have so many. But I find that you stop looking at, or noticing something if it hangs in one place for too long. That's why I stick magnetic strip onto the back of my cards and I put three or four on the front of my fridge...and when I stop noticing them, I take them down and put different ones up. ALways changing them around for fresh inspiration and memories. Right now, I have apostcard from the National Museum of Hawaii, as well as some from a cool artist who lives in the South Island of NZ. I'll show you:s51zfjnx8lxg.jpg

<3 Wendy

I notice that too Wendy about not noticing. I was thinking the other day I need to update my wall decorations and photos. I like the idea of buying the postcards instead of the art, I never would have thought of that.

I was buying bicycle ornaments ... and I've got something in the neighbourhood of 50-ish of them, but we were moving relatively frequently, and packing them up and putting them into storage, etc. was starting to become a pain, so as much as I'd like to buy more bicycle ornaments, I try to resist.

Instead, now I go for greeting cards, postcards, etc. ... they're much easier to pack!

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did 5 minutes of hula hooping, held my plank for 3 min, then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a downloadable spinning workout.

Another thought about shopping: As I’ve mentioned, I love to shop. Especially looking for bargains. I went with this one gal from Newcomers, she said she always gets worried because she stops and looks and she worries that the person she’s with gets frustrated. But when she saw me stopping and looking, she said “that’s how I like to shop”. You never know what you’ll find. The big difference between us is that I tend to like things (if I can) that *I* made – like the ceramics or some crafts. She tends to like to buy things. I’ll buy, but they most likely are from a thrift store. Not her!

Vince is getting more and more disillusioned with Newcomers. Now he can’t get into the website! He’s talking about saying how he’s not interested in continuing as treasurer. I tell you, they’ll have a hard time finding a treasurer who did as good a job as he did. Well, finances and computers were his career. I told him that if he is no longer interested in Treasurer then I’m no longer interested in hospitality or membership. Actually, it looks like my admin capabilities (being able to add/change/delete people from the website) are gone. I’m sure the reason is the guy who is doing the website basically screwed up. That’s probably why Vince can’t get into the website. I’m just going to wait until we get a new member then say something like “I have an application here and when I went to add them to the website, I found that I no longer have admin privileges. How are they being added now?”. The president and another gal really want people to be added asap. They aren’t going to like this one bit. Oh well…..maybe it’ll help get the message that we really need someone else (a professional) to help doing this. They wouldn’t take his job away from him, they’d just be there to basically support him. But they don’t want to pay, but they are willing to pay for things like card shufflers. I do have to admit that the website is a bit more important than worrying about card shufflers. If our website doesn’t work, what kind of message is that being sent to prospective members? But, then again, I’m not on the board. Vince is and that is the way he feels.

There is this cat that has come up here a couple of times. No collar, but you can tell it’s someone’s pet. It’s very loving, looks well groomed. It’ll let me pick it up. Well, yesterday Vince looked at the screen on the screened-in porch and said “what the heck is that”. There are these holes in the screen. We’re thinking that this cat climbed up the screen. It has sharp nails, it’s not declawed. We don’t know the owner to say something to them. As Vince said “ANOTHER job for me to do – replace those screens”

Exercised, stopped at the Salvation Army (the glasses I bought were too large, I want 8oz and these are 16oz, but they look like 8oz), then Aldi, then the post office then bowling. Bought some essential lavender oil but I’ll return it next week since it was cheaper on Amazon. Had dinner, then ceramics, then mahjongg.

Jess left today to go see a friend of hers in TN. She should be home Wed. night. Guess who is taking care of her cat? Well, we’re already in the swing, so it’s really no big deal.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, the day went as planned. Took myself out to lunch, got a Turkish salad with fries, which I ate half of, then ate the other half for dinner. Took Jock and Honey for a walk and admired gardens. Did some shopping, hit a couple opshops and got a few things for my photoshoots and a very fancy "Going To The Races" hat and a pair of black gloves for in-hand showing. Then got home in time to load the horses on the float and head down to the beach with my student. Had an awesome fun gallop at the beach. Took Esme this time and she did fabulous. We are planning to enter her in a show, the first weekend in September. It started to rain on us, as we were finishing our ride and it has really set in now. Might be an inside day tomorrow. I am ready for bed! <3 Wendy
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    edited August 2018
    Rather be here than on FB; which I 'deactivated' and took the short-cut icon off my laptop. I've never had the short-cut icon on my desktop. But, I'm so totally lost now about what all you have been doing. But, a few days of keeping up with the postings should bring that relief to me.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Katla unmake me blush :0)