Coke Zero vs Coke- No Sugar

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    I guess we'll get zero rebranded to no sugar at some point then.

Personally I can't stand Zero but sadly it's replacing diet almost everywhere here.

• MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Coke no sugar and Coke Zero taste the same to me - any flavour tweaking was too subtle for me to notice.

I also drink pepsi max which I like, and can tell difference.

Diet Coke to me is least best although I will drink it - has more of a chemically taste to me than the others.

Ditto for me.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,809 Member
    The new blood orange diet coke tastes like alka seltzer. I threw the can away. I did like the ginger lime though.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    there is definately a slight difference in taste but not much
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    Since we're on about changes in formula in diet drinks, has anyone tasted the new "feisty cherry" diet coke? It's replacing the regular diet cherry coke (which I love), and it has a nasty, bizarre burning effect on the back of your throat, like you swallowed too much pepper. I had to google it when I first tasted it - I was worried someone had injected some poison into the can - true story!

Yes! I bought it when I was sick, and Target didn't have any normal Diet Coke. I bought the feisty cherry, since i figured I loved all things cherry. OMG. It was *horrible*. Like, Diet Coke should not make my throat and mouth burn.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I really like the Ginger Lime Diet Coke, but apart from that I haven't been impressed with the new flavors. And I guess you could say the Coke Zero Sugar is sweeter than Coke Zero, but what I don't care for is it's missing the zing of crispness at the end. It's definitely a downgrade in my opinion.

I'm down to mostly drinking flavored waters and Cherry Coke Zero now, with the occasional Ginger Lime Diet Coke when I stop at QuikTrip on my way to work.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Since we're on about changes in formula in diet drinks, has anyone tasted the new "feisty cherry" diet coke? It's replacing the regular diet cherry coke (which I love), and it has a nasty, bizarre burning effect on the back of your throat, like you swallowed too much pepper. I had to google it when I first tasted it - I was worried someone had injected some poison into the can - true story!

It's a bit more tart. I didn't like it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Coke No Sugar has a different blend of sweeteners from Coke Zero. It definitely tastes different, and does NOT taste more like regular coke than Coke Zero does. I thought Coke Zero was pretty damn close.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    This makes me incredibly sad. Coke zero is the only diet pop I actually like because it doesn’t taste like diet, why the heck would they wreck a good thing by tweaking it, it’s new coke all over again 😭😭😭
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    edited August 2018

Not a fan of any of their new formula drinks, something about the ingredients like others have said burn out your throat and have a raunchy after taste. They actually give me really horrible heart burn and make me sick too. So if that’s the formula they are switching out with Coke Zero it’s gonna make it really easy for me to give up pop altogether I think 🤢🤢
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    I’m really sad that people aren’t liking the new Diet Coke flavours. I love them and I don’t want them discontinued, lol! The blood orange one tastes exactly like some drink I had as a child and I can’t figure out what it was.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I love coke no sugar
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    I can't really tell the difference between Coke Zero and Coke Zero Sugar unless I taste one, then the other, back-to-back. Otherwise it's too subtle for me to notice. BTW, I basically make my own version of those flavored Cokes. I keep a couple Kool-Aid flavoring squeeze bottles on hand and sometimes squirt a little into the can.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    As far as I'm concerned, it's much ado about nothing. The taste is still better than Diet Coke and I can't tell the difference from the old Coke Zero enough to care. Those who don't like the change will find options they like better, and the world will keep on spinning.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    I love Coke no sugar, I think it's better than Coke Zero, but honestly the difference is slight to me.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    edited August 2018
    I also think that Coke No Sugar tastes better than Coke Zero. The difference in taste isn't a vast gap but it is different: Coke Zero has, for me, this slightly metallic taste that Coke No Sugar lacks (edit: and that's a good thing!) I stopped drinking Coke altogether for a while because I don't really enjoy Coke Zero but when I tasted Coke No Sugar I decided to take up the habit again because it's nice.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    I’m really sad that people aren’t liking the new Diet Coke flavours. I love them and I don’t want them discontinued, lol! The blood orange one tastes exactly like some drink I had as a child and I can’t figure out what it was.

I really like the mango flavour. I think people like them just not at the premium price they want people to pay. Its essentially 3x more expensive than normal varients.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    I was a diet dr. Pepper person for years. Decades actually. When Aldi came to town, I bought their brand diet soda just for convenience, and eventually it became my preferred soft drink. Diet dr. Pepper tastes too sweet to me now. The aldi soda tastes like Diet Coke to me.
  • Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    I tried Coke Zero and felt terrible! I got very jittery!
  • NeymarMessiFCB
    NeymarMessiFCB Posts: 27 Member
    I asked him, he said it was a wee bit sweeter.

I definitely noticed it was a little sweeter when it first came out, but my tastebuds adjusted, lol. Better tasting than Diet Coke 🤷‍♂️