Weird things you do with food

Replies

• Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    We would also eat asparagus rolls at family functions. Cut the crust off of white bread and use a rolling pin to flatten the bread. Spread mayo and butter over the bread and then wrap it around canned asparagus spears.

SO GOOD!
  • CharleyRose1236
    CharleyRose1236 Posts: 132 Member
    I love adding honey to my Earl Grey tea and coffee. So yummy 😄
  • semperfly
    semperfly Posts: 28 Member
    Oreo cookie wrapped in a slice of American Cheese. I know, I know....but before you gag on your lunch, try it. I've been doing this for about 25 years and FINALLY got my sister to try it this past spring. Now she loves it. Give it try
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    semperfly wrote: »
    Oreo cookie wrapped in a slice of American Cheese. I know, I know....but before you gag on your lunch, try it. I've been doing this for about 25 years and FINALLY got my sister to try it this past spring. Now she loves it. Give it try

We're programmed to like foods where half the calories come from fat and the other fat from sugar because that is the composition of mother's milk.
  • Zoester321
    Zoester321 Posts: 5 Member
    I eat everything with chop sticks, even hotdogs
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Zoester321 wrote: »
    I eat everything with chop sticks, even hotdogs

I dig it. I eat cheese curls with chopsticks. No cheese fingers <3
  • juliamfu161
    juliamfu161 Posts: 41 Member
    I always eat ferrero rochers by the layer. Like, I bite off the crunchy chocolate bit, then twist the wafer shell apart, eat the fudgy chocolate and hazelnut inside, then finally eat the wafers.

Also, this isn't really weird in my culture, but I've certainly never seen other people do it, but I like to put tofu in my meatballs. My mother does it too, it makes a particularly tender steamed meatball that's delicious! A lot of Chinese people pair tofu with meat, and it triggers the vegetarians like crazy.
  • cj0906
    cj0906 Posts: 2 Member
    I used to eat the chef boyardee canned ravioli. I would pick a ravioli up, lick all the sauce off, bite the edges off, take the flat piece off, eat the meat inside it and then eat the rest of the ravioli piece. It took me a while to eat the whole thing lol no idea why.
  • acpgee
    cj0906 wrote: »
    I used to eat the chef boyardee canned ravioli. I would pick a ravioli up, lick all the sauce off, bite the edges off, take the flat piece off, eat the meat inside it and then eat the rest of the ravioli piece. It took me a while to eat the whole thing lol no idea why.

I used to have an MFP friend who did the Chef Boyardee diet. One can for every meal and a daily vitamin supplement. His food diary was hilarious.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    I love adding honey to my Earl Grey tea and coffee. So yummy 😄

honey and tea go together...not weird at all
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    peanut butter spread on swiss cheese

I salt my chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    I put peanut butter halotop on toast last night
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Another fan of peanut butter on pancakes here.

I seldom drink milk, but if I do, I only like it if I shake the carton until the milk is really frothy. I can only drink it out of a glass glass, never plastic.

Italian sub sandwiches are best with a thick layer of kettle cooked jalapeno potato chips smooshed inside.
  • acpgee
    peanut butter spread on swiss cheese

I salt my chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk

If you like salt and sweet together try this miso caramel sauce for vanilla ice cream.
    https://www.chopstickchronicles.com/miso-caramel/
  • acpgee
    The thing I miss most from living in Paris is salade aux gesiers (=salad with confit duck giblets) which was on virtually every cafe menu. If on vacation in France will eat this once, maybe twice a day. Making confit chicken giblets in goose fat (I don't know where to find duck giblets or duck fat in London). Hubby has run out to the supermarket because he hates the smell.
  • Jboogieonthefloor
    Jboogieonthefloor Posts: 146 Member
    On the rare occasion that I eat McDonald's, I take all the skin off my chicken nuggets and eat the skin first, then I eat the chicken meat. I've eaten chicken nuggets like that ever since I was a kid and haven't grown out of it.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    I love chocolate. I love ice cream. I cannot stand chocolate ice cream (the chocolate just tastes wrong).

I also love coffee, but cannot stand coffee ice cream (the coffee really tastes wrong).

(But almost any combination of coffee & chocolate is more than fine by me.)
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    I love chocolate. I love ice cream. I cannot stand chocolate ice cream (the chocolate just tastes wrong).

I also love coffee, but cannot stand coffee ice cream (the coffee really tastes wrong).

(But almost any combination of coffee & chocolate is more than fine by me.)

I love coffee ice cream, but I agree most of them just aren't that good. Up until a couple of years ago Starbucks had a coffee ice cream that was available in the supermarkets, it was fantastic. It was priced just a little more than the other premium brands, but evidently it didn't sell that well and was discontinued.