Starbucks?

What drink do u get from Starbucks? I normally get hot caramel latte with soy just cus that's one of my addictions but I want to try getting something more "healthier" so what do y'all get? ( I heard green tea drinks were good from Starbucks but last time I was told to try green tea I purchased some from my local store & I just wasn't a fan of it so I'm kinda nervous to taste it again lol).

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    What drink do u get from Starbucks? I normally get hot caramel latte with soy just cus that's one of my addictions but I want to try getting something more "healthier" so what do y'all get? ( I heard green tea drinks were good from Starbucks but last time I was told to try green tea I purchased some from my local store & I just wasn't a fan of it so I'm kinda nervous to taste it again lol).

What do you mean by "healthier"? Lower calorie? Are you trying to avoid something specific?
  • Yes, mainly calorie!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    they have sugar free syrups in a variety of flavors, and you can get the frappe without the frappe syrup if you ask for it...

I usually just get a plain americano or plain iced coffee, but sometimes I'll add a little half and half or sugar free syrup to the iced coffee
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Skinny sugar free latte. Either made with skim, almond, or coconut milk. Saves a bunch of calories, but I can't remember off the top of my head what they clock in at. It depends on which milk to pick, but I want to say they would range 60-120 calories. Way better then 400+ calories for a regular latte either way.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Black coffee???

I personally don't do the Starbucks thing...occasionally I will go to one of our local coffee shops on a weekend or something...I usually just make my coffee at home.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't go to Starbucks often, but when I do double espresso on ice, or Americano (hot or on ice).
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Iced blond americano (tall) with a bit of low fat milk or one of the ice teas with no sweetners (they don't seem ot have passionfruit this year which was terrific with a bit of lemonade).

tall flat white is my fav (low fat milk) and worth factoring in the calories.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Black Coffee or an Americano. Learn to enjoy the coffee
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    My favorite treat is an Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiato with a couple of Splendas. If it's winter, I will get either a Skinny Vanilla Latte or a Skinny Caramel Macchiato.

However, I much prefer to just make them at home with a k-cup (much cheaper obviously) but you have to live a litte. Buy the coffee. Eat the cake. Buy the shoes. Everything in moderation!!! :wink:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    I make coffee and tea at home. Much cheaper. Green tea requires a lower temperature and shorter steep time than black tea.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I like to get a grande skim vanilla latte. 200 calories and 12g protein with 35g sugar. I do not do the sugar free syrup because I can't stand the taste of sugar substitutes. Previously I would get a white chocolate mocha, but that is not worth the calories right now. The vanilla latte is a nice compromise for taste to calorie ratio for me.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I usually do a grande iced coffee with coconut milk and three pumps of sweetener. I do two sugar free, one regular, then add stevia to my liking. The regular pump makes it a little more sweet and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. My favorite combo so far is two pumps sugar free Cinnamon Dolce with one pump Hazelnut. I can't wait for pumpkin season so I can try a new concoction.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I follow Keto, normally, so I get the "Keto-style" coffees. However, that is only when I treat myself. I usually get the tall blonde. So, "tall" is the Starbuck's version of "small". "Grande" is the Starbuck's version of "medium" and "Venti" is the Starbuck's version of "large".
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    I love their flavored unsweetened iced teas, and they are not very high calorie at all.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Unsweetened passion tea then I add my own low calorie crystal light or bcaas
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Coffee with coconut milk and stevia.
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Black cold brew :) Delicious!

But, before I started MFP a month ago, I was ordering a Tall Coconut Milk Mocha (with just one pump of chocolate... I had weaned myself down from a Grande with two pumps), and I’d buy one every single morning.

I had also then just discovered the Salted Caramel Cold Foam Cold Brew!! Yum!! (But 14 grams of fat and half of that saturated fat!) This drink was one of the reasons I started logging and now I walk two miles every morning for my black cold brew, then I walk the two miles back and I’m very, very happy!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    I drink black coffee at home now daily. My treat when I go to Starbucks is the Skinny Caramel Macchiato. Tasty both hot and iced. :smiley:
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    I use almond milk instead of soy to cut calories. Then if I want the latte sweet I add stevia