What is your go-to weight loss meal?

EmiliaEstevez
EmiliaEstevez Posts: 4 Member
Mine is a baked potato with a little grated cheese, salsa, light sour cream, onion, tomato, cucumber and avocado.

Replies

• mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    For breakfast it's overnight oatmeal. So many protein and fiber, yet low in calories, I love it:

300 ish calorie: 1/3 cup of greek yogurt plain, 1/3 cup of plant based milk (That's just a preference), 1/3 cup of oats. Add is of choice: Frozen berries, banana and PB, apples and cinnamon, etc
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Hmmm.. I don't really have a go to "meal" specifically aimed at losing weight. I just try to fit what I want to eat into my weekly average for calories. But, if I had to pick, some of my low calorie go to's are big salads & green smoothies. One of my favorite quick & easy meals is baking a chicken patty, and then cutting it up and putting it on a salad along with whatever fixings & veggies I have on hand. I can make a HUGE salad for between 400-500ish calories. Then I also like to make smoothies with greens if I have them, some fruit, nut milk (like almond) of some kind, and protein powder. They usually run between 200-300 calories and stick around for a good while.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Grilled chicken and vegetables.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Shrimp and avocado salad with an herb vinegrette on the side.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    In winter - lots of variations of vegetables soup. In summer - mixed salad - lots of different vegetables with a variety of home made salad dressings.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    My go-to weight loss meal is probably "breakfast".... Because I don't eat anything in the morning. (yes I break my fast, so technically eat breakfast but it's not at the "traditional" time).

Eating nothing til later in the day makes sticking to my calorie goal easier.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    For about a year when I first started this journey I ate baked salmon and steamed edamame every night. Literally, every night. I never got sick of it and it helped me tremendously with my weight loss.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    grilled chicken and lots of vegetables
  • jillstreett
    jillstreett Posts: 69 Member
    If I'm stuck, my back to basics are these things, usually in this order, each day:

half peanut butter sandwich on daves killer bread for breakfast
    siggi's icelandic yogurt for snack
    salad with romaine, carrots, 1/8 cup cheese, 5 croutons and 2tbsp dressing of choice for lunch
    fruit for snack
    balanced break or 2oz boars head ever roast chicken for pre work out snack
    baked chicken thigh with skin on and green giant broccoli and cheese steamers for dinner
    there is always a bite of chocolate or ice cream in there too :)

over the past 10 months of losing, that keeps being my back to basics day when needed :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    For about a year when I first started this journey I ate baked salmon and steamed edamame every night. Literally, every night. I never got sick of it and it helped me tremendously with my weight loss.

edamame is so good. Lol. Could never get sick of that.
  • juliamfu161
    juliamfu161 Posts: 41 Member
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs with some salt and pepper.
    Lunch: Chicken salad (switch up the dressings and toppings so it doesn't get boring)
    Snack: Part skim string cheese, turkey meat sticks, apple

I do different dinners every night though, so that's hard to do.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My lunches will be something like baked chicken breast and vegetables/zoodles/salad, canned tuna with vegetables, egg whites with kale and cheese, etc. So I can actually have a nice decent dinner, which is usually a recipe from Skinnytaste (with extra protein somewhere).