WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,938 Member
    Happy birthday, Carol!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Carol Happy Birthday!!! I'll turn 69 in November, my hair is pretty much totally white. I gave up several years ago dyeing it blonde. It grows so fast and I wear it so short it needed colored way too often. I figured I earned this "silver fox" look. Lol

p05sbarzujsg.jpeg

Janetr OKC
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    edited August 2018
    Katla – I will drop into FB just to check on some of my friends and family. It’s gotten so political that you cannot make any comment that some ‘random’ stranger turns it into a name calling fest. I’ve got enough to deal with without that sort of $#*T. God Bless them, they certainly need it. One DDnL has FB as her “Home Page” with her cell ‘on’ 24/7. Son ‘*kitten*’ about it all the time. Of course, Louis’s attitude is ‘tell her if she must keep it on 24/7 – just go sleep out on the sofa. Other DDnL just ‘deleted’ her account. So many reasons for that and I hope to find out when we go visit. No time to waste on a phone call.

I agree this is an amazing group of ladies. Yeah, it will be a ‘jump in and catch up’. But, I have a few people who can fill me in.

Barbie – I will be back on MFP - Community. If I have anything that I ‘think’ is ‘cute’ or ‘informative’ then I will pass them on through ‘snail email’. I guess when you get to our age. I’m 67 – I don’t have to learn how to keep up with the changes. All I see is that Markie ZipperButt did was expose everybody to just anybody. And he is still censoring things that he does not agree with.

I was supposed to start physical therapy; but, called them and told that that since I am still on a ‘driving restriction’ that we’d have to talk about it after Labor Day. My balance just suxs. I fell today after rearranging some boxes on top of the rack in my utility room and misjudges the last step on the ladder that Louis bought me to climb up on it. My DR because of my seizures was lifted in mid-May; but, now on a driving restriction for excessive sleepiness and ‘sleep apnea’ MD told me NO driving until after I see him for a follow-up. That will be sometime in September.

My MD thinks that going will help me with my balance. The dizziness – well, I guess I will end up having to take medication for that. I did not tell Louis that I fell off the 3-step ladder today. Thankfully, I did not get hurt; but, the boxes that were up on the wire rack we have in our utility room was driving me nuts – just thrown up there. GGGrrrrr!!!!!

Pip – Beautiful; but, the “Buff Pip” is all I have ever known here.

Carol – I’ll be seeing Margaret for the first time in about 2 years. She is ‘supposedly’ letting her ‘bleached blond’ hair go gray. It will be interesting seeing her. She’s had blond hair since they moved to Miami 35+ years ago.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL!!!!!

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Ok the thread looks different for some reason...
    Rebecca
    Confused in Whidbey Island

U should be around for the MS ride, we go around whidby island
  • pipcd34
    Thanks for all the fat compliments:0)

Happyyyyy bdayyyyyyyy!!!!! To you carol
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    Carol!! Happy Happy birthday you young thing !! <3<3<3

Lanette
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hi friends. I got home yesterday at about 6 pm, slept like a log (God that's a long drive) and today I am still tired. I will be going to bed after dinner! I'll behave tomorrow. Too tired to think about it now. Take care all and Happy Birthday Carol! Meg from Omaha
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    70, that's a good number. What are you doing to celebrate? I like to celebrate the smallest thing, LOL. Any excuse and turning 70 would be a majorly great reason. Spoil yourself silly!

Barbara, I have a special spot in my heart for forest and garden paths. There is something about a path that calls me to wander down it, especially if I can't see where it is going and it's a mystery and adventure. I often get lost in forests because I can't resist the siren call of a new path...but I've always managed to find my way out again before dark. LOL
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Happy Birthday Carol!!!! Hope you are doing something special.

Lenora, no more falling. Those boxes just aren’t worth your getting hurt.

Terry
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Happy Birthday Carol* hope it was a sweet one...
    Today is Alfie's first Birthday..he got some little ceasers mixed in with his kibble and he gobbled it up...
    Going to sleep.

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Happy Birthday, Carol. New hair, new you? Hope it's your healthiest year ever.

Wendy: Your imagination is off the charts. Love it, and envy you.

Barbie: Sorry to hear the backache continues. Hope there is an answer and you find healing soon.

I took a page out of Barbie's book and installed a used recumbent bike in our living room today. DH likes it, and since he currently does his exercises in the living room, he promises to be a frequent user. For me, it's where I expect to be sitting in the evenings while watching news and sports. Hoping to generate what Heather terms "bonus" calories in addition to what I do in the mornings.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    Happy Birthday Carol! :flowerforyou:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2018
    This caught my eye as we've been discussing this so often here in our group. Love you my friends <3

Janetr OKC

ijqt4ylvv1sc.jpeg

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    OK Ladies ~ I turned 70 today. That was the reason for the hair color change. My mom dyed her hair until her death at 91 and so did my beloved Grandmother! LOL Don't know if I will keep it but will see if I can adjust to the darker color.

Happy Birthday!! :)

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Regarding breakfast ... I have the same thing every weekday:

A cup of black coffee
    A tall glass of cold water

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :)Rebecca, I have had almost exactly the same breakfast every day for years. I have about a dozen simple meals that I rotate for lunch and dinner. The less I have to think about what to eat, the better. It is a system that works for me. My life continues to get simpler and I love it that way.

:)Carol, Happy Birthday. I've never colored my hair. As it started to get gray, I liked it and let it change colors on its own. it's one less thing I have to think about.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.28min, 12.7amph, 133mhr, 1.5mi= 80c
    apple watch- 61c
    0 RUNNER- 40min, 118ahr, 145mhr, 9.52min mi, lvl8, 11h, 106c, 40l, 4.06mi= 299c
    apple watch- 339c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.08min, 17.1amph, 135mhr, 1.4mi= 50c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 13.41min, 13.3amph, 123ahr, 153mhr, 3mi= 138c
    apple watch- 117c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.51min, 9.18min mi, 138ahr, 152mhr, .5mi= 65c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.02min, 9min mi, 124ahr, 152mhr, .4mi= 60c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.17min 159mhr, 129ahr, 9amph, 2.5mi= 198c
    apple watch- 155c

total cal 890
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Pip, I will be here rooting and rallying for you guys!
    Rebecca
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Oh my goodness! 205 new messages! I guess I’ll have to catch up again!

Have a good evening!
    Dana in Arkansas
    <3:)<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did a spinning workout today. Boy, it’s been a while since I’ve done that! The plan for tomorrow is to go to the deep water class

M – please don’t send those winds to the US. Stay safe

Katla – I don’t think we’d leave Newcomers. Too many good friends. And I know Vince enjoys shooting and I enjoy bowling. If we left, I’m willing to bet that no one takes that over. Same with Rummikub. I stop in to Facebook probably every day, but mainly to play Words with Friends. I don’t care for a lot of the posts

Tracey – awesome loss

Went to the Mazda dealer to get my garage door opener out of the car and a few coupons. I didn’t think it would take this long for them to fix it! While I was there the guy told me that they put in a new TCM but the computer still says there are problems. I bet they’re going to be REAL careful before they give it back to me. I honestly don’t care. I have a loaner car. I’m just trying to figure out some of the features. After exercising, bought gas. Now doing a load of laundry then will probably go in the pool. Vince has shooting tonight.

Mnewell – so sorry about your friend. Hope your son heals fast

Rebecca – a whole head of cabbage is sure better than a whole carton of ice cream, look at it that way. I usually don’t have the same thing for breakfast. But then again, my breakfasts are weird. Like tomorrow I’m planning to have peas, protein powder, blueberries, and chicken broth.

Barbie – I wish you could use exercise, too. I’m a bit surprised that the p.t. didn’t suggest exercises for you to do in the meantime

My carbs are always high. It’s the fruit that kills me. I love my fruit.

Groundlocked – welcome! What sort of job do you have? Congrats on that loss!

Margaret – way to go girl on having that peach instead of the peach pie! I always find it so interesting that I’d rather have the fruit than a pie/muffin/whatever.

Carol – happy birthday

My facebook comments are mostly “congratulations” “happy birthday” or “happy anniversary”

Lenora – didn’t you recently fall and now again you did! Take care, girlfriend!

Rori – soon you’ll need side-by-side recumbant bikes in your living room, one for you and one for dh!

Michele in NC