August 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited August 2018
    IME, The vast majority of chatty people online are introverts... so most of this thread will be that. :)

I've noticed that as well. I have a small group of good friends I see semi-regularly (or try to, at least) and we certainly have interests in common, but none of them are runners. I make a new friend about once every 5-10 years, so maybe the next one will be a runner, but then again, maybe not. I still love having people to talk to about my interests, I just don't need that to be in person. If anything, I prefer it this way - I always have a place to go to talk about running, no one's going to complain about being excluded from the conversation, and controversial topics are (generally) avoided or addressed in a fairly neutral way.

And yes, I also consistently test INTJ. Pottermore says I'm a Slytherin, but I don't believe JK when she insists they're not "technically" evil - I'm telling that sorting hat to put me in Ravenclaw.

Okay, apparently I am destined not get any actual “work” done at work today. ;)

Just visited the Pottermore website. Pottermore put me in house Hufflepuff.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    IME, The vast majority of chatty people online are introverts... so most of this thread will be that. :)

I've noticed that as well. I have a small group of good friends I see semi-regularly (or try to, at least) and we certainly have interests in common, but none of them are runners. I make a new friend about once every 5-10 years, so maybe the next one will be a runner, but then again, maybe not. I still love having people to talk to about my interests, I just don't need that to be in person. If anything, I prefer it this way - I always have a place to go to talk about running, no one's going to complain about being excluded from the conversation, and controversial topics are (generally) avoided or addressed in a fairly neutral way.

And yes, I also consistently test INTJ. Pottermore says I'm a Slytherin, but I don't believe JK when she insists they're not "technically" evil - I'm telling that sorting hat to put me in Ravenclaw.

Okay, apparently I am destined not get any actual “work” done at work today. ;)

Just visited the Pottermore website. Pottermore put me in house Hufflepuff.

I'm ravenclaw.

I am also green followed closely by blue and gold with orange WAAAAAAAAAAY in the back (real colors)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2018
    Slytherin. Haha!

And my unsual patronus is an elephant.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    I got Gryffindor and my patronus is a dragonfly. I also scored ISFJ on the Myers Briggs test so I guess I am an introvert. The description sounded a lot like me too. But now I have to get back to work.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited August 2018
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I got Gryffindor and my patronus is a dragonfly. I also scored ISFJ on the Myers Briggs test so I guess I am an introvert. The description sounded a lot like me too. But now I have to get back to work.

My husband is an ISFJ as well. He has his social hat on outside but loves to get back to his cave! I wonder if any INTJ or INTP here..?
    P.s. just checked previous posts, 6 female INTJs! Nice! And INTJ females are not even one percent, just 0.8% of the human population.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    infj on occasion infp
    gryffindor 99% of all tests
    patronus is an adder
    ilvermorny house is horned serpent
    my wand is Ebony wood with a Unicorn hair core 10" and Reasonably Supple flexibility
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    My patronus is a crow. My wand is vinewood with dragon heartstring.

But at Universal Studios I bought a deatheater wand because it was badass.

Mine is Ewe wood with dragon heartstring haha...and my patronus is a white stallion.
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    August 1 - 20 km run
    August 2 - 9 km run
    August 3 - rest day
    August 4 - 16 km Harriers trail run/13 km water girl for football
    August 5 - 15 km Harriers trail run
    August 6 - 15 km run
    August 7 - 14 km run
    August 8 - 10 km run
    August 9 - 23 km run
    August 10 - rest day
    August 11 - rest day
    August 12 - 10 km club run
    August 13 - 23 km run
    August 14 - rest day
    August 15 - 10 km Hill Repeats
    August 16 - 20 km run

Total distance 198 km - goal 350 km.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    mustb60 wrote: »

My husband is an ISFJ as well. He has his social hat on outside but loves to get back to his cave! I wonder if any INTJ or INTP here..?
    @mustb60 - If you go back a page or two or three you will see that many (most) of us seem to be INTJ or INTP
  • mustb60
    shanaber wrote: »

@mustb60 - If you go back a page or two or three you will see that many (most) of us seem to be INTJ or INTP

Yup! I got curious and counted them all! :smiley:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    August goal: 25 miles
    8/1 3
    8/2 2.6
    8/3 0
    8/4 3.5
    8/5 0
    8/6 0
    8/7 2.5
    8/8 0
    8/9 0
    8/10 0
    8/11 0
    8/12 2.5
    8/13 2.0
    8/14 2.5

Month to date: 18.6 / 25
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

+1 for me, INTJ, but no idea what Harry Potter hat I wear or anything like that :)
  • mustb60

+1 for me, INTJ, but no idea what Harry Potter hat I wear or anything like that :)

Good to see another fellow INTJ! :)
    TBH I never read Harry Potter as well just watched the movies. Just took the Pottermore sorting test and got Ravenclaw.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    It appears I am an outlier as usual. ENFP-T aka the campaigner. Makes sense.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited August 2018
    ESTJ-A aka the Exectuive here, and per Pottermore: Ravenclaw, Dun Stallion, and Rowan Wood with a Unicorn hair core.

1.21 this morning then upper body and core workout. Totals per endomondo for the month 36.69/55

exercise.png