August 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    No run today, got up too late after anniversary. Need to get out there but it's too hot in the afternoons.

INXJ (and I really am an X! In high school I placed in the state creative writing contest, and the state math contest. Xs on the T/F like to argue very logically about their emotions.)

Gryffindor, stag, Apple with dragon heartstring, unusually long and surprisingly swishy. My husband is a Hufflepuff and I tease him about it.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Bucking the trend with ENFJ and reading the descriptions was like WOW - exactly what my counselor said about me haha.

Im hufflepuff (always come out that lol), Dolphin potronus. Maple wood wand with unicorn hair 10" solid flexibility.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    What harry potter test are y'all using? I only read the first few books, enough to know what y'all are talking about at least. :)
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    What harry potter test are y'all using? I only read the first few books, enough to know what y'all are talking about at least. :)

pottermore.com
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    The first time I took a Myers Briggs test, I came out INTP. I've come out INTP or INTJ every time since, with consistently strong I, strong N, strong T, and borderline between P and J.

J and P flip around for me too. I am nearly 100% I though :lol:

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    INTJ and Ravenclaw
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    kcs76 wrote: »

pottermore.com

Yup. The official one. The other's don't matter ;)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    You had to ask? I am an INTJ or INFJ depending on who's giving the test.

Slytherin, patronus is an impala, apple wood with dragon heart string core, 12.5" and supple flexibility.

Slytherin? Really?! Eh, maybe...
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2018
    LMAO at all the Harry Potter responses. I'm past due for my annual reread. I'm almost exclusively a comfort fiction reader these days, and I especially enjoy re-reading books and series that I know I like. So far this year I've reread the Dresden Files series (every 2-3 years) and am pretty deep into a Discworld read/reread (first read in a very long time). I've also been reading a lot of non-fiction over the last year since I've gotten into fitness - right now I'm almost done with Play On: The New Science of Elite Performance at Any Age and I've got Train Like A Mother queued up. Over the winter I was reading a lot of lifting books, but I haven't been drawn to running books quite as much. Maybe because the basics of running are a lot more basic than the basics of lifting, plus lot of running books seem to be of the memoir/inspirational subgenera and those aren't usually my jam. ETA: The Oatmeal's book is the *kitten*, of course.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    @MegaMooseEsq I love the Dresden Files series! I listen to that one though as James Marsters (Spike, Brainiac) reads them. His voice...... I could listen to him read the dictionary.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    @seanevan10 you're missing out on the hp talk. I know she's a big fan!!!!
  • Elise4270
    Tried to take the Myers Briggs and the Pottermore tests but I refuse to sign up for anything (or give my email to random websites), what does that say about me??

Oppositional defiant? Lol!
  • Elise4270
    edited August 2018
    1---3.03 run
    2---8.72 mile mtn bike ride
    4---6.22 intervals
    5---8.06 hike
    7---3.31 intervals
    8---8.60 muddy trails bike
    11---5.27 interval run
    12---5.80 interval run
    14---4.02 interval run
    15---4.88 riding my elephant patronus back to slytherin house.

Running.  35.7/85 miles
    Cycling. 22.2 miles

Upcoming Races
    October 14th Spirit of Survival Lawton OK. Quarter Marathon
    November 3rd Dinosaur Valley Endurance Run. Half. Glen Rose TX
    March 31, 2019 A2A Undecided distance. Ardmore OK
    April 28, 2019 OKC Memorial Marathon (half)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    kcs76 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq I love the Dresden Files series! I listen to that one though as James Marsters (Spike, Brainiac) reads them. His voice...... I could listen to him read the dictionary.

I've heard that those are great! I am not big on audio books but if I ever got into them, I know I'd have to give those a listen.