The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    full disclosure, not AF. am a friend of Lois W. most of my friend are friends of Bill and Bob
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    full disclosure, not AF. am a friend of Lois W. most of my friend are friends of Bill and Bob

I had to Google. Family/friend in AA?
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    I Googled too. Who’s Bob?
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Welcome @joha5603! You will find support and encouragement here. You might like Craig Beck videos on youtube. He's very no nonsense. A lot of us watch them.
  • SunnyDays930
    OK I know who Bill W is. Who are Lois and Bob?
  • donimfp
    @JenT304, I learned that Lois was Bill W’s wife who founded AlAnon for supporting those who are affected by loved ones’ alcohol abuse. Still not sure about Bob. I must not have Googled aggressively enough.
  • donimfp
    @mbaker566, I didn’t thank you for your reply earlier. You are quite right that maybe these little depressions have been there all along but the alcohol masked them. Good insight.

@Orphia I’ve lurked a little on the self-care challenge and even contributed a time or two a while back. It’s good inspiration. Checking 3 threads and now getting back to logging food is about more than I can handle. Thank goodness I’m (purposely) not on Facebook or I’d never leave my chair!
  • SunnyDays930
    Julie, I too have a calmer demeanor since giving up alcohol. It makes dealing with nearly everything much easier. Enjoy your new class!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Julie, I too have a calmer demeanor since giving up alcohol. It makes dealing with nearly everything much easier. Enjoy your new class!

Thanks Jen. I’m happy to be on this adventure with you.
    It will be a wonderful ride!
  • mbaker566
    edited August 2018
    bill and bob are the founders of aa. bob was a drunk proctologist.

this weekend we have our green lake round up where aa and al anon all go camping and trying to not let our character defects show. lol
  • donimfp
    Thanks for the info, @mbaker566. I guess I'm still immature despite my age, but the phrase "drunk proctologist" made me giggle.

Wow, that would be an interesting camping trip to observe and would lend itself to lots of "How many ____ does it take to change a lightbulb" jokes. Have fun!
  • mbaker566
    oh it was meant to make people giggle. and has been the subject of many a joke from the speaker podium.

imagine over 150 12 steppers at varying degrees of recovery...plus the day trippers on saturday descending upon an outdoor location that doesn't follow direction. we have had bad wiring in the main hall, noisy dogs, missing speakers, torrential downpours....old timers and young people. friends and family some in their own recovery some not.
    hgdf24oacv3m.png

it's a hot mess but it's our hot mess. rule 62. don't take yourself so seriously