WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Updating weight, I don't update gains, and only update half any loss that sticks for a couple of days.
    Crying when angry, My aunt who taught me how to cry on cue, also clued me in on how to stop, sort of. Swallow. Swallow again. Swallow some more. Something about swallowing cuts off the flow. When I'm really angry I lose my voice, a real communication killer.

Lanette yes it is cool and foggy not smokey here, thank Goodness. Quite an improvement over last year. Heart goes out to all those suffering from fires and hazardous air in the west, flooding everywhere else. Hoping our AR, TX and PA gals are all safe!
    pip I love your smile! Brave gal to smile so despite depression.
    NYKaren stunning views and unfamiliar but beautiful flowers!
    Wendy good eye, missed the "ghost snowflake" til you pointed her out. Guess I was drawn to the hellish sky.
    Lisa not yet back in AR, how horrible to be thrown under the bus by a coworker. Testosterone perspective? Don't you work for the Girl Scouts? Hoping the road trip is the beginning of a beautiful friendship with your co-worker.
    Rebecca that cat reminds me of Bunnicula ;)
    Rita safe travels, come on over to the coast where the air is clear and the fog is cool.
    Allie Ugh! Seems like DMV takes up the better part of the day no matter where you are and what you need to accomplish.
    Barbie so glad to hear the MRI is scheduled so soon! Down here in rural Curry County it can take weeks to just schedule one.
    Lenora yah that root is right there, the plan is to plant the dwarf apple along side it and arrange the apple's roots under it to the other half. Hesitate to cut the root as can't tell if its one of the dead ones to the stumps or a live one to one of the trees holding up the slope ;}
    Kay glad to hear from you sorry you've been feeling low.
    Pat I bought a Roomba when they first came out and enjoyed it until it died. It was a real help for the daily dust and dog hair but really couldn't get to the edges. Still a real worksaver. Hmm, you're convincing me to try again!
    Rye now that is a real RESCUE pup. Hooray!
    Heather love your pub!
    Welcome galinazo, MainlyLisa. Please let us know where you are to help us keep you all straight.

Here we are past the mid-month point and I see an unwelcome trend in my goal numbers. Blaming it on DH's brownies and red wine. Time to change direction NOW.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 13/15, meditate 7/15, walk one more step 5/15, knee exercises 7/15, core 4/12, walk Tumble 7/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 10/15
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Hi Everyone...about the tears when angry (and Hi LisainNC--I used to be LisainTX)...and generally overanalyzing things which makes things worse. I'm the worst at that, but recently came upon a way of thinking/therapy called ACT. There's a book called the Happiness Trap that's really interesting. If you, too, overanalyze esp about negative feelings and then feel angry or sad or frustrated that you have them in the first place, google it!

On an unrelated note, I haven't had a lot of time to read much in the communities, but have any of you posted "before" pics? I'm tempted...all the more for that accountability..but if *I* don't want to look at me in a swim suit, why would I subject others to it??? :#
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Another good day, but my cholesterol was up, because I had 2 eggs over easy this morning. Loved them! I like a bit of a kick so I sprinkle a bit of cayenne pepper on the yolk part. My day.
    z7in9mvjpslc.png
    8j7dfz9u8ut5.png

I need to eat a bit more protein, but I ate the last of my yogurts, and cottage cheese. I do have turkey slices but I might throw that away. I need to think of new protein sources.
    Hugs friends!
    Love
    Rebecca
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Terry - that is an awesome cast. Sorry you have to wear it. I hope for not too long!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Terry - that looks great!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country who also cries when mad
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Terry-love the cast ....looks like something fun from Dr Seuss...
    I am just exhausted..3 1/2 hrs waiting at the DMV to give them 151.00 ,I'm laying down , hopefully for a quick nap.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    WENDY you look great

HEATHER didn't know your DH was an author too I have started reading book 1 of his Winfrith series, I love historical crime stuff.

Had lunch with 2 BFs today, nice to catch up

Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stats for the day:

rode e-bike for the 1st time

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.55min, 13.8amph, 136mhr, 1.5mi= 82c
    apple watch- 61c
    HELIX Machine- random hill program, 35min, 121ahr, 139mhr, 56arpm,lvl1-4, 3.48mi= 273c
    apple watch- 228c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.23min, 16.3amph, 126mhr, 1.4mi= 54c
    apple watch- 43c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 12.28min, 14.7amph, 126ahr, 152mhr, 3mi= 143c
    apple watch- 138c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.59min, 9.28min mi, 133ahr, 149mhr, .5mi= 65c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.26min, 9.38min mi, 123ahr, 145mhr, .4mi= 60c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride sta 2 dentist 43.43min, 16.6amph, 154mhr, 132ahr, 12mi= 402c
    apple watch- 545c
    bike ride dentist 2 hm- 5.50min, 13amph, 124mhr, 1.2mi= 54c
    Apple Watch- 51c

total cal 1133
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Lenora, you are my weight loss twin, lol. In 2003 when my mom died, someone took a photo of my brother, sister and myself in front of her casket (taking photos of folks lying "in state" with living family members is the norm in my family). I looked at the photo a few months later and thought "who is that BIG lady standing next to my sibings?" Well DUH it was me!!

Right after that I went to WW (again, have been going off and on since early 70's) and weight down, back up, back down, etc. I must say this past year is the longest I've stayed on an ever better path to health in my whole life.

Someone asked about getting more fiber. I have discovered avocado is amazingly high in fiber. I normally eat a whole small one chopped up on top my salad, the flesh weights 2 to 3 oz. If I have a smallish medium one, I'll eat the whole thing as well. Chock full of healthy fat and fiber. What a great combo! And keeps things moving right along. :p;)

Katla - where did you find that Skinny on Fat food pyramid? I need to print it out and put it on the fridge. I really love this eating plan as well. For supper I had a huge salad with romaine, chopped cabbage, small avocado (as mentioned above) and 1/4 c canned salmon with bones and skin. AND homemade Dijon vinaigrette with lots of olive oil, basalmic vinegar, a bit of lemon juice, a little minced garlic and onion plus a few drops of maple syrup. I can't think of anything better than that - I don't know of any restaurant meal I'd like better. Hooray for our improved air quality!! B)

Beth - so glad to hear you are able to get back to some strength training! Even when my back goes out I try to at least get the arm exercises done with the 10# weights.

Heather
    - your pub meal sounded great. Watching "DI Lynley" (am in series 4 right now) and every time I see someone in a British pub I think of you and Kate. <3

OK ladies, time to clean up the kitchen - have a great evening! And welcome new gals!! <3

Lanette
    Cooler SW WA State
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Spent all morning weeding flower beds. Still have a lot more to do
    I also cry when I get angry or frustrated. Must be a woman thing.
    Terry love the cast you painted. You did a great job.
    Heather- we had a pub around the corner when we lived in Weatherfield England. Never went there but it was quaint.
    Katie bug- hope the spa day helped your mood. I looked in The mirror at the hair dressers and thought, I look frumpy. Looked better after hair color, highlights and cut.
    Golf tomorrow but weather is suppose to be hot so may not finish 18 holes.
    SueBDew in TX
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    DrKatie, I was so happy to read of your spa day. What a wonderful way to take care of yourself.

Wendy, your last horse pic is my favorite so far. You could make cards out of them.

Barbie, good luck with the MRI tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you.

Well was really off balance today. I think I’m just getting tired of the scooter and not taking care. Back hurts tonight from twisting my body around trying to put dots on the back of my cast. Lol

Well in bed and ready to read.

Terry sore in VT